It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Innocent Icelandic Woman Chained, Held, Tortured by Homeland Security at Airport

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Innocent Icelandic Woman Chained, Held, Tortured by Homeland Security at Airport

www.guerrillanews.com

The story of Eva Ósk Arnardóttir:

During the last twenty-four hours I have probably experienced the greatest humiliation to which I have ever been subjected. During these last twenty-four hours I have been handcuffed and chained, denied the chance to sleep, been without food and drink and been confined to a place without anyone knowing my whereabouts, imprisoned. Now I am beginning to try to understand all this, rest and review the events which began as innocently as possible.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.sott.net
www.conspiracyplanet.com
www.dhs.gov

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Abuse and Gross Violations of Human Rights, including kidnapping, in Florida
British Accountant Kept Shackled at JFK Airport, Denied Water For 24 Hours By Homeland Security
US pushes EU to carry out contested post-9/11 passenger data deal

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
A young blonde Icelandic woman's recent experience visiting the US turned into a nightmare of Orwellian proportions.

How can the appalling treatment of this woman possibly be justified?

These are the tactics of the Soulless Department of Homeland (Gestapo) Security.

Coming soon to a checkpoint near you, have your papers up to date and in order.

Welcome to the Imperial Fascist State of America!

All hope abandon, ye who enter here.

Dante Alighieri

www.guerrillanews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
This is a big show of the covert powers that are being held over innocent people. People that will turn on one another rather than face this type of treatment themselves. In the future it could become much like the past in that this reminds me of the Nazi regime and the way they were able to treat anyone as they pleased and to disagree would be certain death to you and your family.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I don't understand.

What'd she do? What'd she do wrong?

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
People that will turn on one another rather than face this type of treatment themselves.

"Do it to Julia!"

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma

Originally posted by antar
People that will turn on one another rather than face this type of treatment themselves.

"Do it to Julia!"

Yes ! Very much the same. I have never read that story but it sounds engrossing and so true of the human spirit. I do believe however that there are rare people that have the ability to not be broken down especially when it comes to matters of the heart.

Excellent analogy, well done!

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

This is what she did and why she was not permitted entry:

There I was told that according to their records I had overstayed my visa by 3 weeks in 1995. For this reason I would not be admitted to the country and would be sent home on the next flight.

I know that when my ex sis-n-law who overstayed her visa then went home...had a VERY hard time getting back into the states. This was PRIOR to 9/11.

[edit on 28-12-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Oh, but you should read it. Reasons include:

a. It's a classic
b. It's strangely prophetic (it was written in 1948)
c. The elite hopes you don't read it (much less understand it)

Third reason is the best reason to read it. Full text copy can be read online

Also read Machiavelli's The Prince. Excellent 16th century work on how to consolidate power. Still being applied today by the elite.

reply to post by greeneyedleo

And that justifies being chained, placed in solitary confinement, denied access to food and water along with information on where the hell she was?

I hope that's not what you are saying.

[edit on 28-12-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Ok, so she probably didn't behave properly after she found that out, and had to be tortured, would that be right? Right?

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
All hail the American fascist agenda...

R.I.P America, long live the neo-America.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Thanks for the links.

I remember seeing the original b/w movie based on the book as a kid.

Mom warned me not to watch it, it was scary, she said.

In truth, I was too young, at about five or six, to see such a thing...

I remember black and white nightmares for some time after...

And now I've lived to see the nightmare coming true...

These are scary times in which we live.

How can these power-tripping Nazi's live with themselves?

apc

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   

When did you have your last period? What do you believe in? Have you ever tried to commit suicide?

It doesn't make any sense. What is the motive for the treatment? More fear? They knew this would be reported, and they knew that it would get back to America.

Maybe they just wanted to see how fast it'd make it to ATS.

>
From the original blog entry,

From the owner of this blogsite, Mr. Vidar Eggertsson, To English Speeking People:

NEWS 19th December 2007:

"According to news today here in Iceland the Foreign Ministry received a letter from the DHS, where they regret the treatment Erla got, admit it was out of proportion, and that they will review their processes in the light of this incident. We can also thank, Mrs. Ingibjörg Sólrún Gísladóttir, FM of Iceland, and the U.S. Ambassador in Iceland, Mrs.Carol van Voorst, who is a great representative for her nation. Hopefully these three women have started something, that will improvethe situation for all of us...

It was also mentioned in the news, that several American laywers have contacted Erla encouraging her and offered their help to sue the US government..."

[edit on 28-12-2007 by apc]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Living with so much FEAR is not living at all. While you are worrying, you are missing out on the real things that you can be doing and enjoying. That can't be healthy.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Give it a few more years, they'll probably employ waterboarding as standard immigration control questioning technique.

Study: Perceived Treatment of Foreign Travelers Driving Away Visitors, Damaging America's Image Abroad

The U.S. entry process is considered the “world’s worst” by travelers
Travelers rate America’s entry process as the “world’s worst” by greater than a 2:1 margin over the next-worst destination area.
The U.S. ranks with Africa and the Middle East when it comes to traveler-friendly paperwork and officials.
54 percent of international travelers say that immigration officials are rude.
Travelers to the U.S. are more afraid of U.S. government officials than the threat of terrorism or crime.
Two-thirds of travelers surveyed fear they will be detained at the border because of a simple mistake or misstatement.

www.poweroftravel.org...

[edit on 28-12-2007 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Hey, Gerbil.....what's up with the avatar?

Was he your hero? And if so, why?

Please educate me on this man...who's face I see show up now and then on the occasional liberal, or punks who hate American I see walking down the street in their little gangs.

I really don't know much about him....maybe I'll go grab a shirt if he's some kind of icon I wasn't aware of.

Happy New Year

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LiamStemrad

There, you can read about him - en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Department of Homeland Security didn't exist in 1995. Whats up with this?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Her VISA expired in 1995, the incident happened last month.

Its sad this sort of thing happens, but I am not surprised.

I was selected for a random terror inspection when I was traveling from JFK to Anchorage, Alaska in 2003. I was treated like a dog and talked down to by the customs officers.

I don't think I've ever felt more harassed in my life, even with my countless run-ins with 'peace' officers.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Is there anyway to even prove if this story is real or not? If it is true then it is a horrible story, but I am to the point where I rarely believe internet "news" stories anymore. The Internet is just one big source of lies and propaganda. Again, not stating that this story is absolutely false but can it be proved or backed up in any way?

[edit on 9-1-2008 by zerotime]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Ahh okay, thank you for the correction.

Was reading the article and they didn't separate the event.

In 1995 it seems that the young woman had stayed three weeks longer than her visa gave her permission to. For that offense she was photographed and fingerprinted even though she explained that she had been to the States since the trip in question. She was not allowed to contact anyone to advise her about her rights although she was told at the beginning to contact the Icelandic embassy. Later that invitation was taken away.

She was questioned for hours then forced to remain in a chair in front of authority for five hours. What she witnessed was very telling. The others that had to go through the same process as her dealt with officials wanting to show their power. She remained cooperative not knowing that the office had plans of deporting her for her "crime."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join