It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul: 'We're getting ready to bomb Iran'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Now I know why he reminds me of a "bubble-headed-nin-compoop"

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Ron Paul is spot on! He has been down right prophetic to-date.

If you don't think Bush and President Pervez Musharraf are behind Bhutto's assassination, then you are naive!

Instability is exactly what is wanted in the ME. More troops, more war funding, more embassies.... this is a nightmare in slow motion!

Ron Paul is the answer!

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuasiShaman
If you don't think Bush and President Pervez Musharraf are behind Bhutto's assassination, then you are naive!

Seeing Bhutto was pro-Western and educated in Britain, believed in American support and dedication to democracy to Pakistan, you have to be suffering from stupidity (border line on insanity) if you honestly think the President of the United States would assassinate a potential key ally

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golack
He has been saying it his whole campaign.

My question was can anyone provide other sources that he has said this? If he has this as part of his campaign and routinely says this can you give one other source to that?

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

here is the video.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by gottago

Ron Paul is an isolationist, not a non-interventionists.

[edit on 28-12-2007 by infinite]

Care to back that up?

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Ron Paul needs to stop listening to Alex Jones. News flash, Short of Iran really doing something bad like testing a nuke or shooting missiles at our troops or Israel they seem to look free and clear from an U.S. attack. Israel on the other hand is another story.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Hi all,

I will give you three good and valid reasons why Bushco will attack Iran.

1. They have the second largest oil supply in the world (look what they did to get Iraq's oil supply).

2. Iran has said it will no longer accept payments in dollars for oil (with the ever weakening dollar this is a big blow).

3. Iran has just struck a 2billion dollar deal with China to supply oil (I don’t think they will be paying Iran with dollars so again another big blow for the dollar and Bushco).

Countries around the world are getting nervous about the ever weakening dollar which makes the people of the world nervous and to the point of them using other currencies. We know that currently China and Russia are both losing millions on the dollars they currently sit on and with China and Russia and now Iran forming a threesome; Bushco and America will find themselves right in the firing line. Look how bold Russia has become in the recent months, this shows that America is becoming less powerful everyday. Iran is the lynch pin; the thing that is causing something that has never happened before now; the alliance of Russia and China.
I think it is common knowledge that what keeps the dollar strong is the simple fact that most countries pay for there oil in dollars and now with Iran forming the petro euro, well simple logic tells you where we go from here.

In simple terms they must remove Iran or suffer the loss of the dollar as without it they have no money to pay soldiers wages; fuel their planes and fire their nukes; I think sitting duck is the term.

Factor into it the sub prime mortgage crisis which we have not seen the worst of yet; coupled with the FED pumping billions of printed money into the American market all leading to the dollar becoming even more worthless.

Peace and good luck.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Care to back that up?

Do the research yourself, read his platform and opinions. According to him, America should withdraw from all international organisations and stay at home.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Anyone got a second report on Paul saying this for I do not think he would say it?

This is way too over the top for any candidate to jump to this conclusion and openly speak it. I'm raising the BS flag on this.

He has been saying it his whole campaign.

That's right. So why is it all of a sudden Breaking News?

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
i agree ron paul's ideas are extreme , only because america's is dependent as is every other nation on complex corrupt relationships and organizations such as the federal reserve, cia, irs , etc.

i think he is just doing what the constitution says is right and to hell with any consequences, they are necessary and unavoidable because of the hole we have dug and the dependance we have on credit.

bottom line is , the banksters IMO need to re-inflate the housing market or we will have a great depression, albeit one that progressively gets worse over time (not a one week crash)

they may try to use the ECB more than the fed to carry out these operations (they need to create high inflation) not 5%,but possibly 10-12 %, this inflation will be different from late 90's early 00's inflation, as inflation will spill over into retail more, and also food and insurance (like it has in last few years) The need to create higher inflation is this

When investors realize inflation is high......they seek flight into something called "hard assets" not paper one's. this includes REAL ESTATE also gold. Rising real estate values will help sustain the CREDIT GAME at least this is the theory

You can bet the media will play a major role in getting some of this "hot money" back into the real estate markets both in the u.s and abroad where markets may collapse as well.

IF THEY fail to stop the FALL of Real Estate Values, then consumer spending will fall, and then unemployment will fall, and this cycle will continue until the words "DEATH SPIRAL" no longer seem Alarmist.

of course, the cost of this inflationary policy will see people who are not employed or able to extract more equity from there home, going hungry(ER) because of rising food costs, rising cost of clothing, "walmart goods" and the like

not sure how long these real estate values could be sustained it maybe just to keep the level of "disorder" on a level that is below chaos i.e threating the power elite

if house nominal prices can not be raised by these policies or they are not enacted there may be a deflationary crash that will bring about a new world as we know it, along with draconian rules, and authoratarian rule.

either way millions will suffer. history is redundant with examples that mirror this, don't think we are immune. if you choose to bury your head in the sand, until the dark winds of reality blow it away i honestly don't blame or judge you.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by WeAreOne

Originally posted by WeAreOne
Hi all,

1. They have the second largest oil supply in the world (look what they did to get Iraq's oil supply).

How much of that Iraqi oil have you burned in the past year? None.

2. Iran has said it will no longer accept payments in dollars for oil (with the ever weakening dollar this is a big blow).

Talk of the Iranian Bourse has been going on for years.

3. Iran has just struck a 2billion dollar deal with China to supply oil (I don’t think they will be paying Iran with dollars so again another big blow for the dollar and Bushco).

$2billion? That's chump change.

No, my friend, this is old news. RP has no insider knowledge of a strike against Iran. The US will be preoccupied with Afghanistan and Pakistan for a while, not to mention Iraq and Turkey. Iran is safe for now.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

I was under the impression it had actually taken place earlier this year.

Here you go...

Indeed, me thinks that either this a $2 Billion dollar deal to build infrastructure or the poster got the incorrect figure. I suspect it is the former.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Care to back that up?

Do the research yourself, read his platform and opinions. According to him, America should withdraw from all international organisations and stay at home.

I wish I could summon America's forefathers from the grave.
Ever read Thomas Paine's "Common Sense"?

I highly reccommend it.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Hi all,

1. They have the second largest oil supply in the world
2. Iran has said it will no longer accept payments in dollars for oil
3. Iran has just struck a 2billion dollar deal with China to supply oil

I'd like to know what type of bicycle you ride every day.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by aecreate
I wish I could summon America's forefathers from the grave.
Ever read Thomas Paine's "Common Sense"?

I highly reccommend it.

That was then, this is now.

I am aware of Paine's work, he was British after all and the father of our republicanism. But his work is regards to colonialism, imperialism and the age of Empire. And, of course, against Monarchy rule.

America is not and never was an Empire.

The idea of a nation, in the modern global world, can shut itself off and stand alone is laughable. Do you really want a President who wants a closed state like North Korea?

[edit on 29-12-2007 by infinite]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Originally posted by stumason

I was under the impression it had actually taken place earlier this year.

Here you go...

That article is over a year old. Regardless, it confirms what I said.

Originally posted by stumason

Indeed, me thinks that either this a $2 Billion dollar deal to build infrastructure or the poster got the incorrect figure. I suspect it is the former.

It's actually the latter.

www.cnbc.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join