It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. gains 1 new immigrant every 30 seconds..we need to stop this.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

My parents came from Cuba to Costa Rica(legally, not on a raft):

Cuba has a 98% literacy rate, both of my parents have masters degrees. My brother and I were born in Costa Rica and my whole family came to the US(Legally).

Costa Rica, at the time was a crap hole. We left there by the time I was 4. Both my brother and I speak English very well, we're both well educated, my brother currently serves in the US Army.

I know and uphold the Constitution, I obey all laws, I contribute to my community, and I don't consider myself a hyphenated-American.

Moral of the story? Emphasize assimilation.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Melting pot or Multiculturalism? I like our ideology much better - it promotes freedom in lifestyle for other nations who move here, and we all wind up enriched for it. Assimilation is just too ... totalitarian an idea for me to stomach. I figure it's one of those things Canada got right, imo.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The solution is simple. Put up a large border fence and electrify it. At check points only let those in who have proper papers and business here.

Illegals send back 20 billion dollars a year to their families. Instead of the Mexican officials criticizing this country, they should answer for why things are so bad there that makes people want to leave.

There should be some tight postal/money transfer system in place to ensure this money cannot get sent back to Mexico. Perhaps have all transfers electronically verified that the money is coming from Americans with valid reasons for sending it. Track the people and money so if it is found an American does send money on behalf of an illegal that works for him, he gets arrested and his business shut down - as well as the illegal being deported. If a deported illegal come back illegally, give him life in prison without chance of parole or ever going back to Mexico.

Take away their reasons for coming here.. and they wont come.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by slackerwire

this is total immigration...
so your bigotry is apparent.
not all immigrants are unskilled or uneducated. many of them are quite skilled or quited educated. my family immigrated to the USA. why? so my dad could get his master's and PHD in physics. hmm...
yes, there are all those students who come to the USA, those count as immigrants too.

also, the argument kind of fails when the exact same one was used against irish and german immigration.

some of them pay taxes though.....how many illegals do ?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

Multiculturalism has brought us race wars. Assimilation isn't some kind of evil thing, it is knowing and accepting the overall culture. It IS melting in to the meltingpot. Hyphenated-Americans is what you get out of multiculturalism.

Its a way to slice us up and put labels on the pieces, and then they have pawns to play against each other.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join