It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explanation Theory of Ghosts and UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Hello all.

In this thread, I will be posting a theory I created many years ago as a young boy to help explain the appearances of Ghosts and UFOs.

Please bear with me, I think you'll find it an interesting read.

To understand the theory, you must first understand the concept of time, and history. What we do now, in the present, is imprinted into time. This means that if one were to time travel, they could see themselves in the past, but not in the future because when they traveled into the future they left the plane of existence at that point and ceased to write their own history.

The concept of time is that it is infinite.
It repeats itself. When you perform an action then it is imprinted into that time. what you are doing right now is imprinted in time.

above is the symbol of infinity.

note how the two lines cross at a certain point.

My theory outlines that when someone sees a ghost, they are in an area or point where time is crossing paths. So time crosses paths in many places, not just one.
Just as we can see them, they too can see us.
which also leads to the idea that "haunted" places are areas of high energy that draw the lines of time to cross at that point more often that other areas.

I came upon this idea when I visited my relatives in England. I used to live in England (and am still a citizen) and my aunt used to own a 600 year old pub, in a place called Polebrook. The pub was downstairs, and her family lived upstairs. being 600 years old, and in england (the most haunted country in the world) their were many ghost sightings and stories for her to tell me.
Here is a picture of her pub:

One day, her boyfriend was telling me a story of how he was just walking down the hall late one night and saw a ghost walk through one wall and into the other.
Upon further inspection of the blueprints of the place, it actually turned out that their used to be a hallway there before the pub was remodeled.
THIS IS WHAT LED ME TO THIS THEORY!

At that particular point in time, time crossed paths and he simply saw what was happening in the past, someone was just walking down the hallway at that particular point in time.

There are many stories in that pub, and my entire family on my mum's side, including myself, all believe and have had experiences, while in england, with ghosts.
another example is that my Aunt's ex-husband who also ran the pub with her saw an old lady sitting at the table by the fireplace one night. That is an old fireplace, and has been there since the pub was built. therefore, time crossed paths at that point and he saw a lady that was sitting there in her point of time. just as he could see her, she could see him, and he told me that they both simply stared at each other for a while and then she disappeared.

Moving on,
This theory can also explain UFO sightings. I suggest that when people see UFOs, perhaps they are seeing human vehicles or crafts in the future.

What people do is written in time. nothing can change that. and because time is everlasting, when it's paths cross people can peer into the world of that time.

So that is my theory. It came to me, as i said, as a little boy. I was in middle school i believe, perhaps elementary school.

I would like to know what you all think.
don't be too harsh though, I was young when I thought of it.

... and feel free to expand it if you like.

peace be with you...

[edit on 27-12-2007 by Odessy]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
It's a good theory but it quite often seems that from our point in time the thing we're crossing paths with wants to interact with us. As if "they're" aware of what's happening before it happens and we aren't. (could be they have the power to do the crossing of the paths) Occasionally a ghost will touch a person on our side whereas we'd run away or back off. Same with UFOs. We might watch with nervous interest but it seems more likely that they'll do the approaching. If you know what I mean.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by wigit]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
i know what you mean.

but just to build on theory, perhaps these entities are different.

perhaps there is a difference between the ghosts that we simply see and the ghosts that try and interact.

I suppose i would speculate that the ghosts that are simply in motion, doing their own thing, are living people in that past time,
and the ones that try to interact are those spirits of the deceased that have come back specifically to fulfill a certain agenda.

does that make any sense?

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Hey, I like how the OP thinks. I had like the exact same theory. Of course, this does not explain all ghost/ufo sightings. You also have to take into account the weird creatures that are sighted, alien visitation, hauntings where the spirits seem malevolent and attack people, shadow people, vampires, etc. I think time loops could be one aspect, also other aspects are most likely parallel timelines, other dimensions bleeding into this one, parallel universes, holographic representations of aliens or other intelligent creatures who don't want you to know their real form (such as aliens/interdimensionals posing as ghosts or dead relatives or imaginary friends), or maybe some could just simply be physical/etheric manifestations of hidden aspects of your own mind.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
to clear things up, in my opinion, parallel timelines are different from parallel dimensions, and parallel universes are different as well.

and yet, they are all part of one infinite best-left-undefined ....thing. So they all have the potential for interaction, seeing as how they make up the whole of whatever it is that this whole charade is.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by indierockalien]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I've read about many similar ideas to this one, where time "loops" back on itself to create the illusion of a ghost or vision. One particular story about a couple in Haiti who found themselves suddenly 200 years in the past, but at the same physical location, comes to mind. Wish I could find the source for it

How do you feel it applies to UFOs though? Or alien abduction even?

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
well i would suppose that some UFOs would simply be the future time path crossing with our own.
Perhaps these vehicles are our own future contraptions etc.

Alien Abductions, however, could be actual aliens, simply adding to the history imprinted on our own time-line.

So it would be a mix of both.
But I remember kind of adding the UFO thing into the theory, trying to work it in, when I first came up with it.
The theory was mainly to explain the ghosts that my family just saw, doing their own thing.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

I like this idea as well.

Yes, this theory would certainly not explain every encounter, just a handful.

It would be cool if we could expand it though, add another chapter of things you talk about (parallel dimensions etc) and create one big theory that all fits together in the end

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
But according to your theory we couldn't see the UFO's because they have not been built yet? If we can, then how come we cannot see our own future which has also not happened yet/

2PacSade-

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
almost like a holigraphic theory...if you take a portion of a hologram, or say you cut as hologram in half...you get two whole parts, not halves. So say the universe is a hologram....you at a place in which there was a lot of human activity in the past. The residual beings are a part of that place as a whole. You are seeing that place as a whole, in all frames of time, causing what was once there to appear.....

i think i just confused myself...dangit

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
you see, you wouldn't be able to see yourself in the future, because you left time in the past, but that doesn't mean the future does not exist.
Time went on while you were not there, it wrote its own history that will always be embedded in that time frame, so for you to exist in that time, you would have also had to write your own history, but bc you left to go to the future, say 40 years into the future, you werent around for that 40 years to write it.

lol make sense?

new topics

top topics

join