It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wife's Demon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
OK, I am married to a very psychic woman who s a bit of a medium, though she tries very hard not to be
At any rate, there is always ghosts around here. Most of the time they don't bother us much, but every now and then we have one that get's a little scary.

There is a ghost that steps up on the bed and has stood over the two of us with a foot on both sides of us pressing the bed down. He has done it to both of us and one at a time too. We think we know who this is, (long story) and not sure if the scary thing going on now is him or not.

The wife was awakened the other night by something in her face, sucking in the air she was breathing out, but as she breathed back in, whatever it was blew warm air back into her face. Then she said it literally went up into her nostrils sucking the air out of her lungs.

she slapped at it with both hands, invoking the light and the great spirit for help to make ths demon leave. We got up and smudged the room with sage and prayed as we did. Anyhow, any ideas on this thing? It's a new one on us.

I notice as we improve our light giving abilities, more and more things seem to be happening around us. Luckily I been married to this lady for 25 yrs so it ain't nothing new
Any input appreciated....

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
cant give input with such little information, plus these things are very sensitive issues. does anyone here actually know of a universal way to get rid of a so called demon? give us a little more back story, since you said you know who it might be. i personally dont believe this, but i have a bias opinion when it comes to demon stuff. it makes physical impressions on your bead, so does that mean you can physically grab it, or touch it? if so, grab it and kill it.
sounds like a scene from constantine 2 or something. sounds like the demon is having fun toying with you, if this is true. looks like your light powers are weak.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
yea please feed us more of your lie, er story... sorry man can't help but be skeptic... that's just me tho, the judge!

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jboogienoj
yea please feed us more of your lie, er story... sorry man can't help but be skeptic... that's just me tho, the judge!

What???

That was not even helpful. Skeptical of what? At least ask some questions or something before you accuse someone of lying.

What the OP describes reminds me of what people fear that cats will do to their babies. The cat will "steal their breath" Lilith implications.

I would be scared to bezeebuzes if that happened to me.

It sounds like you have a basic protection thing going on there so that is good. Hmmm. Sounds similar to that life stealing experience people call sleep paralysis, or old hag syndrome.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by interestedalways]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
There is only one way to be rid of a demon, and that is by the name of
Jesus Christ! You and your wife need salvation and to stop messing around with powerful demonic spirits.
You invoked the light and the great spirit? Excuse me, but if you are not invoking the Holy Ghost of Christ then you invoke something evil. There is NO other authority or power that cares about you or that wants to help you other than the Lord.

God Bless.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
As a Minister, Paranormal Investigator as well as Demonologist I can assure you that there is no way to "rid" yourself of any spirit whether it be a ghost or a demon. Ghosts have free will. If you ask them to leave maybe they will maybe they won't. They cannot be "saged" away or sent to "the light". If it's a demon, only God has the power to decide to "cleanse" (for lack of a better word) your home or not.

You see, when someone is being oppressed by a demon, you must call upon God in the name of Christ Jesus for help and protection. Whether or not the prayer is answered depends on the reason why they're there. It doesn't matter who it is - regular joe, layperson, priest - that person has no authority over the demon. It's God and Jesus Christ who has the authority. The person is the catalyst of God's work and His will.

You didn't mention what you and your wife's beliefs are, but the only suggestion I can give is that you pray. Pray to God in Christ's name and ask for help and protection. I will pray for you as well.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by ReginaAdonnaAaron]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

What your wife experienced is not uncommon. It's a form of sleep paralysis. I think it is referred to as "the old hag syndrome," or something like that.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Uhhh yeah, I won't even get into a religious discussion. What makes you think that the Great Spirit I pray to is not the one God, the same God that you pray to? Don't you think that God just may have found a way to come to all of us, and not just the Oh so judgemental Christian right? I personally believe that God gave all of us a way to come to him, not jus the Christians, which is why I left my Christian church years ago.

They would just not shut up about ghosts being demons, and of the devil. How absurd all that is. GHosts are perfectly natural and around us all the time. I know I can't wish it away with a little sage and a prayer, that is simply the way I choose to protect myself. It is the belief in protection that makes it sacred, whether it is praying to Jesus or whether I grab my medicine bag and pray to the Great spirit.

I wasn't really asking how to get rid of it, because I know that there is no way to get rid of stuff like that if it doesn't want to go. Anyhow, I was just looking to see if anyone else had had any similar experiences.

My wife has indeed had a couple of experiences with the old hag people describe in their encounters. I believe the spirit that tries to intimidate us is the spirit of a guy that blew his brains out in my driveway a few yrs ago right in front of us. He was a psychotic indivdual who had planned to kill me and my family, and there is a whole lot of detail that I don't really feel like sittin here tapping out.

My wife was also awake when this happened to her. When something makes impressions on the bed, that is all it does, there is nothing there to fight.

I sort of wish I had never experienced anything like this. My life was a lot simpler when I was a simple all around skeptic and atheist. Once you start believing in spirits, and an afterlife, it opens up all sorts of disturbing possiblitlies.

Open your minds and don't be so quick to call someone a liar who has simply experienced stuff that you never have, cuz someday you just might find out it was ll true all along. I really didn't expect such a negative resposnse lol. Oh well.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
reply to post by Coopdog

What your wife experienced is not uncommon. It's a form of sleep paralysis. I think it is referred to as "the old hag syndrome," or something like that.

I have posted my experiences on another related ATS thread about how I think that perhaps the brain is being deprived of oxygen. For example, I’m sensitive to strong smells or odors especially to smoke. I’d get an easy buzz from second hand smoke and feel the dizzying effects almost immediately.

When my above ‘scientific’ or ‘natural’ suggestion has not fully addressed your concern about your wife’s situation, smudge (along with prayers of love and light) does seem to work. I don’t know how or why but one other sensitive claims that this is a positive action to take in order to rid that which is considered ‘bad’ – demon or otherwise.

Philosophically, I don’t think anything is ‘bad’ but more of a challenge to overcome – a litmus test, if you will. For some reason, I’m recalling the phrase ‘Courage is grace under pressure.’ by Ernest Hemmingway or something along the line of ‘creating precious gems under pressure’.

Oh heck! When all else fails, get a spray bottle of holy water and pray. If kitty cat can be trained to behave, so can those invisible pests! Spray away!

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by NeverWalkAlone

"There is only one way to be rid of a demon, and that is by the name of
Jesus Christ! You and your wife need salvation and to stop messing around with powerful demonic spirits.
You invoked the light and the great spirit? Excuse me, but if you are not invoking the Holy Ghost of Christ then you invoke something evil. There is NO other authority or power that cares about you or that wants to help you other than the Lord. "

And you know this how exactly? At the end of this little trip we call life you very well could be totally, completely, 100% WRONG! The OP is merely explaining his personal experiences and asking for a bit of advice and possible help. A true christian (whatever that means) would convey a bit more compassion and understanding don't you think?
Your arrogance is nauseating.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
My arrogance is nauseating?
No, your ignorance is nauseating.

I won't even get into this tirade.... that would be a bad example and uncalled for.

God Bless you.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NeverWalkAlone

Good idea, take your ball and go home.
Open discussion (along with an open mind) makes for new ideas, theories, and possible revelations. To say that what you believe is the absolute truth and slamming the door shut on anything that goes against your beliefs is ignorant and immature.
I wish you well in all your future indoctrinations

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
are you guys talking about PMS?

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dero
Maybe you should try antifreeze- sounds like it works for another poster on here wrestling with demons!

Oh now that's not nice or supportive but LOL, nonetheless!

Or try transmission fluid from another poster.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Hi , I have used sage myself, it cleans the area around you. This is what I did, I walked around with smoldering sage and while I was walking around the perimiter of the house inside, I would collect the bad spirit into the smoldering sage and then while doing this finally reach the front door and move the smoldering sage in a reverse circle, letting the spirit out. I learned this talking to tribe members while at a POW-WOW. I did this before I moved into this home I am in now. You ask why do they use sage at pow-wow's. To keep away the bad spirits.As far as the Christian who invokes the name of Jesus, he ain't lying there either. Lots of power in that name.

[edit on 12/28/2007 by zman]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I almost forgot, please use sea salt around the exterior of your home. And if you where a Christain you would use holy water.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Oh, please... (edited by soothsayer for context)

Originally posted by ReginaAdonnaAaron
As a Minister, Paranormal Investigator as well as Demonologist I can assure you that there is no way to "rid" yourself of any spirit whether it be a ghost or a demon. Ghosts have free will. If you ask them to leave maybe they will maybe they won't. They cannot be "saged" away or sent to "the light". If it's a demon, only God has the power to decide to "cleanse" (for lack of a better word) your home or not.

You see, when someone is being oppressed by a demon, you must call upon God in the name of Christ Jesus for help and protection.

note with all due respect, I did not single out ReginaAonnaAaron. I have read and commented on that person's postings before, and I mean no disrespect. I quote her simply because her words were spoken much better than the others whom I am directing this to, and I think (I hope) that she takes no direct insult from this. Afterall, she and I, it would seem, share a similiar professional background... we just happen to be on opposite ends of things.

And I wonder who did people call upon before Jesus came to earth? Or those from other lands who didn't have the Church's view of things? I hope they arn't all suffering the fate of sinners!

For all those good christians out there... calm down. God is no different then the Great Spirit, which is no different then the Goddess. *egads, that comment is going to be back to haunt me* A spirit is a spirit is a spirit, like wise a demon is a demon, no matter what culture or belief system someone has. AND names of calling, no matter if you are calling down the wraith of God, or the name of Jesus, or simply utter NEE, they are all the same... have enough faith and belief in one, and it will work.

Furthermore, re-read the poster's opening, err... post. He's not asking for much here, people. He's not asking to be saved or condemned, and he isn't wanting your fanatical rantings.

So, without any further rantings from myself...

Has anything else happened, that is related to your posting? You mentioned how things have started to increase lately... is this, you think, because of what had transpired?

There is only one thing I can think of that comes close to this, on a personal level.

The first happened while I was trying to go under for a past life experience; the person performing the session noted that as I was to move deeper into my pasts, massive amounts of shadows began to encircle me, literally hiding me from view... there was, however, meaning behind this, but is not meant for this thread.

Now, forgive me if I am wrong... but it sounds as if that this encounter hasn't been the first of this kind / nature. Has there been anything more aggressive? What I mean is, any actual physical contact or sensations directed to either yourself or your wife?

I honestly don't think a cleansing would help in this matter, not if the entity is... this persistant... but then again, I am not really one to go down that route. I've always been a more hands on kind of person... encasing the entity within an object (crystal), casting it out, and on some cases... *here comes some more backlash* ... provoking the spirit, challenging it.

Have you tried to communicate? No, not a seance, but by using automatic writing? Knowing what the entity wants this time around might prove useful in dispelling it in the future.

Last question... have all parties concerned reconciled with it? I know, it may seem like it's alot to ask for, but even the slightest form of appeasement might smooth things over.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Well, there were a few things a couple of months ago, but not quite the same. I woke up to her cussing at about 6 am, and she said something had pinched her hard on her breasts, and she said it hurt, and really pissed her off. I blew it off as a dream at the time.

As for other things that have happened, if I even began to get into our life I would really have people callin me a liar
I just felt like it was different enough that I would give it a mention.

The reason I don't invoke Jesus Christ is because I believe Jesus was just a man. Even if he was the son of God, he was not God himself imho. Like I said above things are sacred because you believe them to be sacred. I know there is a great spirit, whatever or whoever it may be, and I believe we are creatures of light. THat is why I invoked the great spirit and the light, because that is what I believe in.

PEace.....

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Soothsayer
note with all due respect, I did not single out ReginaAonnaAaron. I have read and commented on that person's postings before, and I mean no disrespect. I quote her simply because her words were spoken much better than the others whom I am directing this to, and I think (I hope) that she takes no direct insult from this. Afterall, she and I, it would seem, share a similiar professional background... we just happen to be on opposite ends of things.

No offense taken Soothsayer - and thank you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join