It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it to early for New Years resolutions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
First and foremost for me is to not spend so much time with ATS, BTS and the Texas holdem site.

Next is to loose about 25 lbs.

I'm gonna have to leave it there cause I know that I'll break those resolutions in the first week of 2008!

Good luck to everyone else with their efforts.

Peace in 2008
whaaa

[edit on 27-12-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Mine is to live healthy and stop smoking those cancer sticks!! :bnghd:

The rest of the year is just do better in everything and save some money.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I thought we did this already a couple of weeks ago. I remember posting my resolutions but can't remember what they were now.

Oh well I did have good intentions.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
whaaa please do not decrease the time you spend on ATS/BTS. but if you must i ask you continue to review movies and post them.

as for me, i dont really like to make new years resolutions. if i dont like something or want to change something i do it.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
my new years resolution is to never make new years resolutions again.

ive made the same NYR for many, many years and i always hold myself to it

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I'm going to have a New Year's Revolution! Not sure what I'm going to revolt against yet. I have many choices. I can revolt against:

People that don't wear deoderant
People that drive like

People that say "aks" instead of "ask"
People whose teeth smell like they are rotting in their mouths
People that say "bofa"
People that say "moms" instead of "mom"
Anyone that uses the expression "home slice"
People that like pork rinds

[edit on 28-12-2007 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Whaaa, you can't spend less time on here! I won't allow it!
Less time on ATS/BTS is NEVER an option!

Luv ya buddy!
Give up something else instead.
Ever notice most people saying they are going to give up something in the new year? Why don't we ever say what we going to gain more of?
Looking at the glass half empty perhaps sets up the failure right there.

I'm going to state it this way.
Iam going to gain better health from more exercise and eating properly.
Iam going to gain more quality time with my children because I will make it a priority.
Iam going to gain more money in my savings account, because I will resist the urge to impulse buy.
Iam going to gain more lifetime experience because I will be travelling more.
Iam going to gain more happiness in my life because I will only seek out and give attention to that which makes me and my children happy.

[edit on 28-12-2007 by AccessDenied]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Every year I always make the same resolution: To stop smoking and exercise more.

Well, this year I'm actually going to go through with it! I've got me a gym membership, and I'm hoping that that will help in quitting smoking!

Cross your fingers for me!

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Well, for the most part, fine and positive approaches to the New Year.
Except for E_B who has always marched to the beat of a different drummer. With out iconoclast the world would be just one big bowl of oatmeal. Now thats a sobering thought isn't it....

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Different drummer? First of all, I don't march for anyone. Not even the missus.....

I decided that my resolution was to stop going through life without any ink, so I got my first tattoo on Wednesday. I will ring in the New Year with ink!!

Now back to the Revolution....

My New Year's Revolution could be against but is not limited to:

People who say "Pardon my French"
People who fart and don't giggle after
People who say "kudos," especially in the workplace
People that sweat profusely
Blind faith (not the band...they were fantastic)
Blind obedience
People who put ketchup on a hot dog
People who think they own the speed lane but drive slow

more to follow....

[edit on 28-12-2007 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Kudos for that fine post E_B. Cant wait to see the new "ink"

Only 4 days left until 1.1.2008 so lets get all those resolutions or revolutions documented.

And for all you inhalant huffers out there. Let's let 2008 be the year to let that self destructive type of behavior go.

I think we can all agree that taunting animals, especially tigers, needs to come to a screeching halt. 2008 is the time.

I know it's not my place to recommend resolutions but let's face it; without a little prodding, you might forget to even make those life changing decisions.

Don't drink and drive!!!

[edit on 29-12-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I think we can all agree that taunting animals, especially tigers, needs to come to a screeching halt. 2008 is the time.

Yes....taunting large predatory carnivores needs to end and if I become your president, I will outlaw it.

But seriously.....if you want to taunt an animal, why not a squirrel or perhaps a raccoon (perhaps with a pointed stick).....and if you really want to get crazy, how about a skunk? Hell....a coyote or a rattle snake would make more sense than a tiger....

I think the two survivng tiger taunters, once recovered, should be tazed. I also think tazing should become a sport. Perhaps one day it could even be an Olympic sport!! Of course, tazing has already become a popular sport amongst the country's finest.....the police.

What an idea I just got! A new reality show/game show where regular citizens can taze members of their local police. This would be huge! I have to go and make some phone calls to the networks!!

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I think you just might be on to something there E_B. But hey, why stop with tazers...

Waterboarding for Dollars

Electricity Vegas Style

Gangrapeamundo

"Can you Stand It?"

The next step in Reality TV!!

Real violence, Real torture, Real people.... as long as we stay away from nudity, we should be OK.

My latest new years resolution is to think outside the box more.

[edit on 31-12-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
My resolutions are to not be so apathetic, make more friends, and to put at least one of my sets of lyrics to music.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Waterboarding for Dollars

Electricity Vegas Style

Confuse a Cat

Wrestle a Wombat

Shoot Your Neighbor in The Bum with a Pellet Gun

Nocturnal Emission Support Group

Our Friend Cancer

Old Men with Old Balls

Kevin Federline's Dance Party

[edit on 31-12-2007 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
EB, you're only saying that about people who eat pork rinds because you havent had my homemade ones!!!

I want to stop smoking

I cant stop.

I also want to stay clear of people who:

Say "mines" instead of mine.

Men who come into my store with stinking feet and i have to spray lysol immediatly after they leave.

Women who "hit" on me :shk: I know this is Cape Cod, and its flattering and all, but i dont go there.

People in restaurants blowing their nose next to you, clearing their throat, and spitting up half their lungs on the napkins.

Does anyone else here have a weak stomach??? I just cant stand gross stuff at all, i tend to gag.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Definitely quit smoking. It's been 7 yeasr for me. Best thing I ever did for myself. Stupidest habit I ever started.

top topics

join