It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 11 UFO pic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Ok....been going through pics on this site today and have found some strange stuff. I apologize if this has been posted about before, but I searched and could find nothing.

The pics are all from the Apollo 11 moonwalk. The two shots I am about to link to have the items highlighted in yellow that I am referring to.

In the first shot there is a blur of light captured in an inadvertent shutter release on the camera. At least the description of the pic on the site says it was inadvertent. My question is this...every other object in the foreground and background seem to be pretty clear and pretty much in focus. The blurred object appears to be moving from right to left as evidenced by the look of a "trail" on the right of the object.

Here is the pic:

The second pic appears to be the same type of inadvertent shutter release and almost right after the first pic I posted. The strange object in this one is just below the yellow line. I can't tell if it is part of the LM or if it is something in the distance, but if in the distance it would appear to be fairly large.

Here is the pic:

The original images on the site are labeled AS11-40-5965 and AS11-40-5966

Any ideas on what these could be?

Thanks!

-B

[edit on 12/27/07 by Vasa Croe]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Hey there Vasa, welcome to ATS...havent seen ya around...

I tried to cover those pics before in this thread...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and in another (sorry, not sure at this time which one...)

Tis a good question what that might be. I'll just run you thru what I was thinking when I posted them...

At the time I was reading about how 'we' might've been warned off the moon (ie Apollo 11). So, with that being said, here on planet Earth, how do we warn others to stay away other than trusty little signs or barb-wire? Well, some countries, you'd probably get shot at. My initial guess/ fantasy thought was that maybe there was a warning shot at the Astronauts or in their direction. I say that because that it the only object that is out of focus with everything else in the photograph. As if there is something in motion while everything else is standing still. Then again, theres the possibilty it could be a vehicle of the lunar inhabitants leaving the scene as the astronauts are doing their tests.

I realize these ideas are very far fetched, but hey - whatever. I came to those conclusions because it seems like a photo is taken and then another is taken as if the photographer is 'ducking' behind the lunar module.

Sorry if that seems long winded/rambling.....

spikeD.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by spikedmilk

Thanks for the welcome and the link. I will check out what has been posted though it appears you have quite a few other pics in yours and those seem to get more focus than the two I reposted.

I really am not sure what to make of it, but do wonder what would cause two inadvertent shots back to back.

-B

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Just found this picture from apollo 15 any idea what the light stuff is?

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ntenzpunishment

Camera flare from the sun.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
My question is this...every other object in the foreground and background seem to be pretty clear and pretty much in focus. The blurred object appears to be moving from right to left as evidenced by the look of a "trail" on the right of the object.

Here is the pic:

Looking at it again, I think it's an attached bit of the foil wrap around the ship, which is close to the camera. It has the exact same degree of blur that the rest of the stuff on the LEM has. There's just a space above it that's in shadow, where nothing reflects, so that you think it's part of the lunar sky, but it's actually a piece of the ship hanging down. Yep. That's what it is.

[edit on 28-12-2007 by Nohup]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
Looking at it again, I think it's an attached bit of the foil wrap around the ship, which is close to the camera. It has the exact same degree of blur that the rest of the stuff on the LEM has. There's just a space above it that's in shadow, where nothing reflects, so that you think it's part of the lunar sky, but it's actually a piece of the ship hanging down. Yep. That's what it is.

[edit on 28-12-2007 by Nohup]

What you said here makes sense, and I'd say its probly the most likely explanation. But just for the ache of it, I went and did this anyways...

Flip the pic to negative, drop the brightness, and add the contrast... You should see whatever it is thats 'solid' connecting the LM to said object and .......I see nothing I dunno, not too much of the LM is showing up either..
.... Hey, I'm no expert, nor do I play one on ATS. And I'll never ever claim that I am. Just doing what I can........

spikeD.

[edit on 28-12-2007 by spikedmilk]

new topics

top topics

join