It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Priests Brawl at Bethlehem Birthplace of Jesus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Priests Brawl at Bethlehem Birthplace of Jesus

www.breitbart.com

Following the Christmas celebrations, Greek Orthodox priests set up ladders to clean the walls and ceilings of their part of the church, which is built over the site where Jesus Christ is believed to have been born.

But the ladders encroached on space controlled by Armenian priests, according to photographers who said angry words ensued and blows quickly followed.

For a quarter of an hour bearded and robed priests laid into each other with fists, brooms and iron rods while the photographers...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27/12/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
What is the world coming to when priests end up in a bar room type brawl, using broomsticks and iron rods, during one of their holiest times of the year, and at the birth place where Jesus Christ was born?

Priests fighting in one of their most holiest of places. All over, "that ladder is on OUR side", kind of thing!

The article goes on to say that it isn't unusual to have "problems" during the "cleaning of the church".

Where is this world headed when priests, in one of their holiest churches, can't even agree on CLEANING the church and end up in a BRAWL about it!

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I'm not surprised at all.

This is why I say religion has passed its usefulness.

I'd love to see the video though. That would be sincerely amusing.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This is already posted.

On this thread

top topics

join