It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wars Cost $15 Billion a Month, GOP Senator Says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Wars Cost $15 Billion a Month, GOP Senator Says

www.washingtonpost.com

"This cost of this war is approaching $15 billion a month, with the Army spending $4.2 billion of that every month," Sen. Ted Stevens (Alaska), the ranking Republican on the Appropriations defense subcommittee, said in a little-noticed floor speech Dec. 18. His remarks came in support of adding $70 billion to the omnibus fiscal 2008 spending legislation to pay for the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts, as well as counterterrorism activities, for the six months from Oct. 1, 2007, through March 31 of next year.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
online.wsj.com
www.upi.com
www.theage.com.au

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Wow, I wonder if I could get a Credit card like that one!?!

I find this story to be depressing and infuriating. Using the fact that we spend $15 billion a month (on ill conceived wars) as a justification in the request for more money to be handed over to this (mis)government to spend as it will makes me queasy.

The realization that we are spending ourselves into such dangerous debt, and at such an alarming rate, should not be a reason for congress to hand over more money. This should be a stark warning to the nation at large that our government is engaged in uncontrolled spending that will do massive damage to this country, damage that only those who would see us suffer would condone. Furthermore, that we are spending the money on a war that seems to be a distraction from the real need to protect ourselves from terrorists.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-12-2007 by Animal]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I wonder how much of that 15 billion goes into the pockets of the ones who are responsible for the war.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
well there are many story's out there on missing dollars, that i do believe is in the billions...

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   
So what if it's 15 billion a month - it's off-line budgetting, so we don't have to pay for it. Don't worry. Watch TV, your government will take care of you.

new topics

top topics

join