It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shopdropping aka Droplifting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Shopdropping was probably the last kind of giving on most people’s minds as they shopped during the holiday season. Shopdropping, also known as droplifting, is the incredible act of reverse shoplifting: going into stores and putting things onto the shelves. Banksy is probably the best known shopdropper, famous for putting out his own subvertised versions of Paris Hilton’s CDs and hanging his subversive art in galleries.

Link

This is a pretty creative way to get your point across.

I like ideas like this that are harmless.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I'm glad to see there is a name for it now. I had heard of the people who took Barbies and GI Joes and switched voice boxes and put them in stores, but I didn't realize that others were doing it.

I sure wish I had a Barbie that talked like GI Joe.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I've seen this done before on youtube, I can't find the video at the moment. Some kids were putting copies of Alex Jones' terrorstorm behind the dvd covers in a video store. So the dvd's stayed put under the label until someone opened up the dvd case, releasing it. It's a clever way of getting your point across, although there is a good chance that they aren't going to be "buying" what your "selling." You can't force information on people that don't want to hear it.

edit: spelling

[edit on 12/27/07 by AcesInTheHole]

[edit on 12/27/07 by AcesInTheHole]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The younger generations are coming up with some clever ideas to voice their opinions. I'm surprised this has not been thought of years ago.

Not sure why but when I read this clip I thought of that old movie Turk182.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
in a way, this is like guerilla marketing but an idea is being marketed instead of a product. i like this.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This is the first I've heard of this.

Gives me an idea to get Ron Pauls name out in the open more. I could make slogans on pieces of paper and put them in as many books as possible in the public library.

I travel a lot...there's no end to the possibilities of shop dropping.

Sounds like fun to me.

top topics

join