It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mercury is good for you!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
That's what the mainstream media would now like you to believe.

This has been discussed here on ATS as early as 2004, but the videos in those threads no longer work and I definately think this is something everyone needs to see.

What a load of crap.

Also, at 8 seconds the nurse is not wearing her face mask properly.

[edit on 12/27/2007 by Yarcofin]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
HAha, I bet you anything the reporters are laughing behind the scenes.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Are you kidding me???? I can't believe that crap.... I hope no one in the public actually believes what they hear on the news. I can see a day when people that believe this are all gonna snap from mercury poisoning and we'll have millions of mad hatters running around trying to eat babies and mate with dogs.

The media is pretty sick.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Vaccines with mercury in it?

WTF???????????????????????????????????????????????

Now that's scary.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Up is Down, War is Peace, left is right, right is wrong etc. etc. Yeah Yeah Yeah!!

[edit on 29-12-2007 by CyberTruth]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Maybe this spin has something to do with traits associated with autism spectrum disorders (sometimes considered to be linked with mercury in vaccinations), like introversion and rote memorization skills. Both of those qualities tend to make a teacher's job easier, so in terms of the "education" system they could be misrepresented as "improved behaviour and mental performance."

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne
Vaccines with mercury in it?

Yup, there are trace amounts of mercury and thimerosal in the vaccinations. The doctor who wanted to administer this 'death shot' (I made up this creative description) said she had one and felt 'okay'. She went further to explain pregnant women get these shots. Then she glared at me with those dark eyes of hers after I didn't like what she said to me. I don't think I want to go back -- I'm scared now! Waaahhh!

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

There are a lot of threads on A.T.S that are crap to me
but this one i can believe.

Mercury does some bad things to peoples brains.
It can damage key receptors in the brain.
Which i might ad that some say causes bipolar type depression in some people.
Messes with motor neuron control in speech centers of the brain making people stutter.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
It all depends on what type of mercury and how much is in the vaccines. I have a feeling that this video isn't the whole thing, and seems extremely one sided.

Does anyone know if the full video is available

Here is some mercury facts

www.epa.gov...

Oh, by the way if you are worried about mercury, dont eat any fish....ever

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I can believe what the video is saying, because it fits some of the characteristics of asperger syndrome, a kind of "high functioning" autism. Firstly, people with asperger syndrome tend to have higher IQs than those without it. It is said that Einstein had asperger syndrome. Secondly, it is common for those with asperger syndrome to have depression and anxiety disorders. I don't picture a person with depression and/ or anxiety as someone who wants to be a pain in the ass. Although, learning disabilities and attention deficit (hyperactivity) disorder are not uncommonly associated with asperger syndrome.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Just wanted to push this thread back up.

Protect your children and yourselves. Knowledge is power.

Posting the links from the description of this video.

Mercury, The FDA & The Truth, Wake Up America The FDA recently declared mercury safe for the food supply, claiming that there was no danger in consuming mercury in fish. Yet the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) has declared mercury to be toxic to human consumption. Studies have connected mercury with neurological brain disorders including autism and ms. Its time the FDA cleaned up its act.

FDA Stuns Scientists, Declares Mercury in Fish to be Safe for Infants, Children, Expectant Mothers!

www.naturalnews.com...

Brain Neuron Degeneration via Mercury

www.youtube.com...

Be My Friend

www.myspace.com...

Visit Radhia's Website at

www.advancedhealthinstitute.com...
www.aimmd.com...

Visit Peter McCarthy's website

www.lifeenergyholisticcenter.com...

Visit Texas Health Freedom Coalition

www.texashealthfreedom.com...

Radhia Gleis is certified in Clinical Nutrition, C.C.N. She is also a Certified BioNutritional Analyst.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Hmmm....good or bad?

To be safe I'll just half my daily dosage to 2 jiggers.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Here is some interesting updated news on the mercury and fish scientific results, or attempted persueding consumers to eat poison.

Newsweek: Smackdown! EPA, FDA and Mercury in Fish

In January, FDA published what’s called a draft assessment of the benefits and risks of eating fish. It asked for public comment. While it’s hard summarize the technically dense, 350-page report, FDA’s conclusions seem to be that mercury risks are very small, and that telling women to eat more fish has greater public health benefits than telling them to eat low-mercury fish. (The focus is on women because fetuses are at the highest risk from mercury. Mercury is a neurotoxin and the developing brains of fetuses and kids are most vulnerable to its poisonous effects.) Next step (though FDA doesn't say this): stop telling people to limit their consumption of high-mercury fish.
Advertisement

Bizarrely, FDA has structured the choice as “either/or:” Eat more fish, or eat low-mercury fish. For reasons I can’t imagine, FDA left out of its analysis the scenario that combines the two: eat more fish, but only low-mercury fish. In every scenario it ran, fish benefits and mercury damage largely offset each other. Obviously, the eat-more-low-mercury fish approach would have greater benefits than doing one but not the other—as researchers (and FDA) have been saying for years. Why would you want to wipe out the brain-healthy effects of fish by having a little neurotoxin on the side?...
Research scientists and EPA, however, say FDA’s analysis is junk science. For one thing, FDA’s estimate of mercury risk is based on a 22-year-old study in Iraq that observed the age when kids first talk—but the children’s actual ages were unknown. FDA “adjusted” that risk estimate with data from the Seychelles Islands, where the harmful effects of mercury were obscured by the benefits of eating fish

and one more to flavor the rhetoric a bit more.

Experts Denounce FDA Efforts to Weaken Mercury Warnings for Fish Eaters

We are writing to express significant concerns with FDA’s January 2009 draft report entitled “Quantitative Risk and Benefit Assessment of Consumption of Commercial Fish” (FDA 2009a). FDA has used this analysis in large part to conclude that the health benefits of eating large amounts of seafood outweigh the health risks from exposures to methylmercury. But the purpose, assumptions, data, models, and conclusions inherent in and derived from this draft assessment are fundamentally flawed and are so far from standard scientific practice that we consider FDA’s effort to be beyond repair....
Among numerous methodological errors and faulty assumptions EPA describes in nearly 50 pages of comments, the Agency notes that FDA relies on science regarding neurodevelopmental risks that “had been completely abandoned by the scientific community as a basis for risk assessment for more than a decade.” EPA’s review provides dozens of examples in which FDA scientists make questionable, faulty or unfounded choices with the effect of boosting boosting benefits or reducing risks from seafood consumption above what is justified scientifically...
No reviewer has yet been able to conduct a complete review of FDA’s complex and poorly documented model, but flaws in assumptions and methodology outside of the model code are more than sufficient to support the position that the draft be completely withdrawn.

As this slips under the radar due to the imminent threat of swine flu pandemic, tthe FDA once again pronounces decissions using the most disregarding of science means that they and their unearned capacity could engage in against the public health interests in every uttering they publish.

There should be legal consequences for deliberate disregard for proper conduct and performance with this obvious malfeasance of duty.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
One of the benefits of being old is that you have experienced a lot of history. Outbreaks of methylmercury poisoning occurred in several places in Japan during the 1950s due to industrial discharges of mercury into rivers and coastal waters. The best-known instances were in Minamata and Niigata. In Minamata alone, more than 600 people died due to what became known as Minamata disease. More than 21,000 people filed claims with the Japanese government, of which almost 3000 became certified as having the disease. In 22 documented cases, pregnant women who consumed contaminated fish showed mild or no symptoms but gave birth to infants with severe developmental disabilities.[2]
Widespread mercury poisoning occurred in rural Iraq in 1971-1972, when grain treated with a methylmercury-based fungicide that was intended for planting only was used by the rural population to make bread, causing at least 6530 cases of mercury poisoning and at least 459 deaths (see Basra poison grain disaster).[37]
On August 14, 1996, Karen Wetterhahn, a chemistry professor working at Dartmouth College, spilled a small amount of dimethylmercury on her latex glove. She began experiencing the symptoms of mercury poisoning five months later and, despite aggressive chelation therapy, died a few months later from brain malfunction due to mercury intoxication.[19][20]
In April 2000, Alan Chmurny attempted to kill a former employee, Marta Bradley, by pouring mercury into the ventilation system of her car.[38]
On March 19, 2008, Tony Winnett, 55, inhaled mercury vapors while trying to extract gold from computer parts, and died ten days later. His Oklahoma residence became so contaminated that it had to be gutted.[39][40]
In December 2008, actor Jeremy Piven was diagnosed with hydrargyria resulting from eating sushi twice a day for twenty years[history.........this excerpt was taken from Wikipedia and their excellent article on mercury poisoning. This is not meant to be a conclusive list of the dangers of Mercury. I do question the motivations of the FDA. Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it. For more information please visit wikipedia.....mercury poisoning.

[edit on 063131p://pm3101 by debris765nju]

new topics

top topics

join