It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unholy dust-up at Nativity church

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Unholy dust-up at Nativity church

news.bbc.co.uk

Members of rival Christian orders have traded blows at the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem, with four people reported wounded in the fray.
Greek Orthodox and Armenian Apostolic priests were sweeping up at the church following the Christmas rites of the Western churches earlier in the week.

Reports say some Orthodox faithful encroached on the Armenian section, prompting pitched battles with brooms.

Intense rivalries at the jointly-run church can set off vicious feuds.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Palestinian "miracle baby" draws crowds to Bethlehem

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I found this story interesting as it is a little different. Usually in the news we hear about the middle eastern religions fighting and killing each other. This time it is the Christians. But one thing here, at least they are using brooms instead of bombs.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
So much for the religion of peace and love!

Sorry couldnt resist.

Like you said, at least it was with brooms instead of a killing device.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This just in: The Bush administration has declared brooms a weapon of the terrorists and initiated a mass recall of all brooms in the hands of American citizens.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Scalamander

I was wondering how long it would take until the obligatory Bush bashing comment was put in, even on a thread that has nothing to do with politics!

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
In a Christian battle of brooms, the only just side is the one who doesn't fly away on them like witches.

Sorry, I just think that time period of Christianity is hilarious.

I've said it before, religion simply categorizes the people so they can hate each other better.

Love thy neighbor indeed.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
if the holiest of church leaders cant be responsible, civil and peaceful towards one another how the hell do they expect their religion to be taken seriously. especially by those who say religion is the cause of all wars?

is this not proof of the highest level that this statement is true?
even the so called leaders cant act responsible so how can their followers?

you can never demand respect, its something that has to be earnt.

are they going to draw a while line across the centre of the church and say YOU stay on YOUR half?

lead by example i always say.

[edit on 28/12/07 by Obliv_au]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnskyI've said it before, religion simply categorizes the people so they can hate each other better.

it's the oldest genocide trick in the book. create the idea of the "other," then let the ignorant go to town on each other until there's nobody left. religion prevails again as population control

new topics

top topics

join