It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion heard at Bhutto rally (Bhutto Killed)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch

I have heard of suicide attackers stories that they where kidnap and told them if they dont comit the attack their family could be murder and stuff like that, maybe Im wrong but giving all the actions that Musharraf have taken of late the benefit of the doubt is something i wont give him.

Actually that happened a lot in Iraq where gunmen go into a house and strap a vest on the father or son, or told to drive a bomb filled car and they say do it or everyone dies. After the person does it the family is killed anyways...sad

If it was a sniper then we are talking a planned event and not one created out of emotions. If it was a gunman with a vest then it was most likely extremist.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

I agree, but this will start a chain reaction that will futher distabilized Iraq, Afghanistan (taliban Al-qaida supporters).

Here is some talks that Musharaf should be very careful to what he will do next and that he should listen to the US and what will be offering next.

But we all know that whenever US gets involve on the domestic troubles of another nation specially one as volatil as Arba nations it tends to get ugly.

Yes it seems that we may be getting into a peace keeping mission next.

Right now the anger in Pakistan is mounting due to the assasination and still the left overs of Musharra stare of emergency, so people are not going to listen to him right now.

It seems that perhaps the Pakistani military will be taking over for time being if things gets very dangerousn for Musharafs life.

reply to post by Digital_Reality

Right now he has been advised perhaps by the US to just sit and wait until the anger ease, the less he say the better for him.

The streets are on chaos right now and is spreading.

This is the time for other sectors of pakistan related to terrorist group sto take their chance against the Pakistan government.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
I just saw footage on CNN of Pakistan and people are trippin. I'm going to go ahead and call it and say civil war is about to happen.

This could be true and anyone even Iran could be behind it. Everyone should remember that all the resistance in Iraq from many different directions of local clerics, Terrorist, Iran, Syria Etc. all have one thing in common and that is to create and maintain a state of chaos.

For a state in chaos is easier to manipulate in a desired direction, and is more open to put the desired leadership in place to do it. This is the standard operating orders they all are trying to achieve, and killing Bhutto fits this to a tee.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by Xtrozero]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I hate to say it, but this has the potential to blow up into a lot more than a regional conflict. Iraq and Afghanistan are regional conflicts, no matter how much they dominate the MSM. They are relatively isolated nations on the world stage.

Think of how much America has outsourced jobs to India and Pakistan. Think of the sheer number of people in that nation, a certain amount of whom will flee if this turns into civil war.

And the "bad blood" between Pakistan and India has never gone away. Both nations have nuclear capabilities. There is even the chance that China might adopt the same role the US has used for so long, and by claiming that instability so close to their own borders is a threat to them, step into the fray.

And right now, the US has a considerable Naval presence in the area, as well as people on the ground there and in Iraq. The threat is such that even if the US wanted to, I doubt troops could get out of harms way in time if the balloon went up.

Let us just hope that this whole thing runs out of steam before someone takes a step that can't be recalled and a major conflict envelopes the region.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

Originally posted by TheoOne
So, does anyone think Ron Paul will be assassinated next?

We heard you last time! You are in the wrong thread!
This thread is about the assassination of Bhutto not Ron Paul...

Why do you keep asking that?

Heh maybe he's bored- anything else that happens after this hate to say it it won't surprise me at all since most people have lost their minds anyway.

I have now lost my faith in the human race- they are beyond redemption.

(And no I'm not a alien.)

It dosen't matter anymore- was 5 seconds away from getting killed (me and my aunt) lastnight because of a idiot flying off the interstate ramp- he had to be going 80 mph minimum. And now this?

Human life is priceless when those knuckle heads over there figure that out the better life will be for all of us. I for one had enough of this!!

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Hi There,

I've only just seen the news regarding the murder of Benazir Bhutto, and it certainly is a shock. This has been another attempt to derail the momentum of a political opposition gaining massive support from the people, an attempt that was only too successful. Whether or not Musharraf was behind it is really irrelevant, but personally, I do not think he was. No, I consider this to be a genuine terror attack, probably sanctioned by Al Qaeda. The manner and method of the attack does not look to carry the hallmark of a militaristic operation, but more that of a terrorist cell.

There's no doubt that Bhutto was the target, as she was shot in the neck and the chest firstly to make sure she was hit, and then the assassin blew himself up as double insurance that the assassination would succeed on this second re-attempt. I seriously doubt that Musharraf would seek the death of Bhutto, as her presence - although in opposition to him - gave him credibility as the leader of a psuedo-democratic nation. She was important to the political 'look' of the system.

This was certainly an attempt to politically destabilise Pakistan, to fracture and polarise the relations in the political system. Only Al Qaeda gains from this dip into political chaos and destabilisation. I only hope Musharraf gets a grip on the situation, and goes after the terrorist cells operating freely over Pakistan's borders. A truly sad day in the life of a world splintering and breaking at the seams.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
on tv now Live footage the army are hosing down the street where the assassination and bomb attack took place, what 2 hours after?

No forensics for this case then I guess.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

Bush live now.

He didn't say much. Anyway we must remember that Pakistan is pro taliban and Al-qaida supporters, they have always been, the only reason hey Musharraf is all (US friendly) is because US told them that they if they didn't cooperate they were going to be bomb to the stone age.

So a country do not change just over night.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Probably the C.I.A up to their dirty tricks again. No doubt suffered the same fate as her father at the hands of the C.I.A.

CIA Sent Bhutto to the Gallows
www.despardes.com...

Benazir Bhutto is a MI6 agent
islamic-intelligence.blogspot.com...

CIA's "Worldwide Attack Matrix
www.lookingglassnews.org...

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Damn! That is quite bad news. I went to bed around 4am (GMT) while watching TV and they were saying they thwarted a potential suicide bomber at a Bhutto rally - just a kid, they say.

Now she's been assassinated!

Funny how 12 hours makes a lot of difference to the news.

Bad news for Pakistan, I sense a civil war brewing.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

The CIA isn't responsible for everything, you know. There are other people in this world capable of firing a weapon and blowing themselves up.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Bush says those responsible for the killing of former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto must be brought to justice.

Link

So what is Bush going to do now, call in the FBI?

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Interesting because I thought that this should be the speech coming from the Pakistani government no the US government.

I guess we do own the middle east.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   

The last time he said that after a major attack the American people lost freedoms and the ones being "brought to justice" escaped.

Maybe he shouldn't say that unless he intends to actually live up to his threat.

Doesn't matter though. I'm sure in a couple weeks it won't be a top priority use of American resources.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
Probably the C.I.A up to their dirty tricks again. No doubt suffered the same fate as her father at the hands of the C.I.A.

Benazir Bhutto is a MI6 agent
islamic-intelligence.blogspot.com...

You make absolutely no sense at all. Why would the CIA assassinate the agent of an allied country, particularly one that has such close ties to the US?

Just an ignorant remark in effort to blame the US for everything.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Interesting because I thought that this should be the speech coming from the Pakistani government no the US government.

I guess we do own the middle east.

Pakistan isnt in the middle east?

Anyway sad news.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

There is really not much else he can say at the time being. *shrug*

I'm not ready to throw barbs personally until there is more time to digest this story and get the facts. Information is still coming in too fast to rush judgment and start pinning tails on donkeys.

I have a feeling this is going to get nasty, but then again, it hasn't exactly been a peaceful time in Pakistan for a while. I hope they can find a way to prevent an all out war from taking place from within, though I think their options for such just became minuscule in comparison to what they were.

reply to post by SaviorComplex

Um... it is not out of the realm of possibility that there could be backing of this by some agents of the CIA. Someone was threatening to undermine the US' lapdog (Musharaff) and has now been taken out. I think there is valid room for speculation, and the only ignorant part would be calling other people ignorant for saying what is on their mind.

Wearing the blinders of patriotism, jumping at the defense of the US before all the facts come in is just as bad as a firm statement saying it was the CIA.

[edit on 12/27/07 by niteboy82]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne
So, does anyone think Ron Paul will be assassinated next?

Who cares? This thread isn't about Ron Paul and it is inconsequential to our discussion. The world does not revolve around Ron Paul, nor is he anywhere near as important or popular as his supporters think he is.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
but WHY are they hosin it all down right away??? Surely the authorities know this is a major crime scene and if they want to identify the perpetrators forensic examination of the scene and fragments of bomb etc are essential. It's obviously not going to happen now it's all been hosed away by soldiers / police...

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

They are still an Arab country very much pro-taliban and that is my point.

Sorry I will correct my words, it is not an Arab nation, but a Muslin nation

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join