It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cutting taxes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
With all the tax talk going on in the naion, and the rabid taxing here in vermont, it got me thinking. We float on a giant bubble of taxes, what we do in a day has thousands of degrees of being taxed.

What if ALL taxes were eliminated except for income and business? Eliminate sales, property, gasoline, and death taxes and the vicious cycle of taxing is killed.
What kind of percentage would we be sending off to the feds?

I was thinking this would be a HUGE chance and after a few really really bad years (paying for stuff that already had to run through all the taxes like cars and stuff) we would face extreme deflation.

Just think about the gallon of milk about $3.89 here. The son gets the farm without having to drop 20% after his father dies. He doesn't have to pay taxes on his land and taxes on the purchasing price of his equipment and supplies. The milk truck comes and doesn't have to pay the 40-60 cents a gallon of tax on the diesel he uses and don't forget about all the taxes for using large vehichles and registrations. The off to the processing plan that doesn't have to pay taxes on land use. Get it to the store and there is no sales tax and government price inflation for struggling farmers.

I bet that gallon of milk would only cost a buck. Gasoline would be less than a dollar a gallon easily.

The government wouldn't have to dump as much money to needy organizations. We can eliminate the IRS and accountants lol
With a super strong dollar, everything else in the world would be REALLY cheap.

Would our exports die? maybe or maybe not. Factories would have a greatly reduced cost of operating so they can sell for less and survive even though the dollar isstong.

I think we would be paying a lot less percentage wise than we are now.

[Edited on 9-2-2004 by ANMAN]

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Agreed, you my friend are a conservative, welcome to the republican party!

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I agree. If the taxes were reduced greatly the government would still have enought to spend on what it needs. That's why you hear about all this government wasteful spending. They have so much left over that instead of giving it back to us, in that which we earned in the first place, they go and spend on something totally meaningless that has no significance on the economy or education.

Now I do think we should be taxed on what we spend. Not what we earn. I don't mean our bills but entertainment. Like going to the mall to buy clothes or going out to see a movie or going on vacation to Disney World.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Did you know that if all of a government department's supplies are not used by the end of each year that they just throw them out? This is because they will get lower funding for the money that they did not use or need. I use to work for the Dept. of Commerce and saw this first hand.

[Edited on 9-2-2004 by Jonna]

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
You know it really ticks me off that the government thinks they know how to spend our money better than we do!

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
LOL! so true Agent M. But they don't know how to make money though do they? Long live the entrepreneur or else we all go down!

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
LOL! so true Agent M. But they don't know how to make money though do they?

Of course not Neo. The way I see it we're basically working for them. I'm not ready to say for certain yet if I believe we're slaves to them so they can use our money in ways that are totally rediculous. But you're right! Long live the entrepreneur!

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

What if ALL taxes were eliminated except for income and business? Eliminate sales, property, gasoline, and death taxes and the vicious cycle of taxing is killed.

Actually, Income tax isn't supposed be happening at all. We've been unknowingly swindled into allowing the Government to STEAL from us!! Even worse, they squander the money too!! The bastards!!

State taxes on the other hand, I have no problem with when they're used correctly. Atleast that money goes to the State where I'm living, which makes sense, everyone takes care of their own backyard so to speak. This would also be a step toward taking back some of the money and power from the Feds and back to local where it belongs.

Property Tax is 100% Criminal B.S. You buy the land, and yet you still pay outrageous tax on your own land forever!!! F**KING EXTORTION!!

Sales tax would be the area where you could actually play with things, if the need presented itself. Simply make the Essentials like food and stuff 0% Taxible. But make sales tax of things like Cars, Stereos, Frills and Play items higher if needed. That way, everyone can afford what they need in life, but those with the big money that can afford all the Expensive Toys also have the money to pay a little extra during all their Recreational Play Time.

Social Security is a MAJOR SCAM for anyone paying into it today. It's Known and admitted that WE will never see any of that money, but we still pay out for it. It's no small chunk of chainge either.

Never heard of Death Tax. Not sure how that works, but anyone who tries Taxing me when I'm dead. Well, they can come and collect it from my ashes if they can figure out how. If I die and still owe some Blood money to the Vampires, F-'em, looks like I get to finally screw them back for once!!

new topics

top topics

join