It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Charity supports dementia tagging

page: 1

join
share:
sty

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   

UK Charity supports dementia tagging

news.bbc.co.uk

Proposed electronic tagging of dementia sufferers, with their agreement, has been backed by the Alzheimer's Society.
The charity said the plan could empower patients by allowing them to wander, but called for a debate on the ethics of gaining consent.

(visit the link for the full news article)

sty

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
little by little we are getting there ! i did not know you can tag with GPS . The source does not make clear if the tag is an implant, but i expect so as people suffering from dementia could remove other types of tags.. who is next ?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I know the slippery slope this can lead to, but frankly, after dealing with my grandmother (a victim of dementia and Alzheimer''s) I can understand why people want this. My grandmother would go on long walks to the local mall for her groceries, at 4 am. SHe used to get easily confused and wander, not being able to speak english (she forgot how) didnt help either.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I agree with the above post. My Grandfather suffered from dementia, and used to try and wander out to the shops at 3am in the morning, to buy a paper and what-not lol, and he couldn't talk or understand you. I think it's fine to tag them, as long as it keeps them safe, and they don't abuse that kind of technology for other means.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I think this is a good move as well. I believe I read that it requires consent.

top topics

join