It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Australian Account

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

All these blue lights bobbing up and down, going sideways, zipping across the sky...really amazing to see it. I don't think meteors do that?

Were there any publicised photo's of the incident Thurisaz? You'd imagine with that many people seeing it, someone would have captured something on film! If you have any news clips etc, I'd be interested in seeing them!

A Big "Oi" out!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
i thought it may have been mars or a plane etc and then it started to bounce up and down. Can't really explain it any other way... it just went vertically up and down about a fingers length. I pointed it out then to the others and we watched it for several minutes. It would go up and down and stop... then change colour to white and do it again.

How far away was the 'object' and the tree line. Just trying to imagine how it must have looked to you. Sounds lots like the Marfa Lights. They're erratic like that. Do we have anywhere in Aus where we get Marfa Light type activity? That's always mystified me!

Great account fooffstarr!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Well when i first saw i thought it was a star so it was just part of the sky, probably miles away, but probably a hand-span above the horizon.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I'm orriginally from regional vic, (warrnambool) there are many stories and sightings relating to UFO's around the area, if you google the town you will find many sites.

I've personally had no real experiences , but have many farmer friends that quite frequently see unusual colored lights, they just palm it off as nothing.

To the op, your story sounds very simialar to a story i heard about; back in the 60's, it was an official report by the goverment, I've googled it, but cant seem to find the story, anyways just thought i would add that, you might have better luck.

S

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I live down in Mandurah West Au and 2 nights ago my next door neihbour claimed to have seen a tri-light object moving in the sky at incredible speeds and doing right angle turns and high performance manouvres. Ask me why do I belive this guy ??? he is a 15 year veteran RAAF pilot which is good enough for me.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by downunder666

To the op, your story sounds very simialar to a story i heard about; back in the 60's, it was an official report by the goverment, I've googled it, but cant seem to find the story, anyways just thought i would add that, you might have better luck.

I'd be really interested to read that account downunder666! If you can find it and post it here, I'd appreciate it!

Cheers M8

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
2 nights ago my next door neihbour claimed to have seen a tri-light object moving in the sky at incredible speeds and doing right angle turns and high performance manouvres.

It appears that triangular craft are 'BIG' these days (pun intended). Seems like that's majority of what they're seeing over the skies of the US.

I do find it curious that the 'craft' observed in the sky seem to evolve over time. Is it different species coming and going - and if so - why did the VW's arrive before the ferrari's? ... if you see where I'm coming from

Apologies to those who hate colorful metaphors

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Wow, that sounds cool scatoma and very similar!

To answer your question, yes they were egg-like or oval-ish. A touch elongated more so than round. I made a point of not calling these objects "lights". They appeared to be solids that emitted their own glow in a similar sense to hot metal (in a mild sense, like a dull sun). Not quite the same but I think that was due to the constant oscillation of the color.

The "surface" or what appeared to be the surface of these things isn't easy to compare to regular things. Though I'm not trying to over-complicate their appearance. Think of what "mother of pearl" looks like with the swirling hue's of different color. Imagine that in shades of orange. There was something organic to it... I'm still not doing it total justice but that's about as close as I can get.

Hope that helps mate

Very intriguing! I've been fortunate to see a large, silent triangle rather close up and hovering over Lake Erie's shoreline in N.E. Ohio but I find your sighting interesting because one time I was laying out in the sun on my balcony where I looked up and saw a round ball (not oval like yours) out in the distance over the lake that had that 'mother of pearl' swirling hue's of different colors look to it --- very good description because that's what it looked like!

I've described this sighting a few times in this forum before in the past as it having a BEAUTIFUL pearlescent or opalescent look to it. It didn't look transparent in any way... a very solid looking object hovering for a few short minutes over the lake before it disappeared. It stood out because of those swirling pinkish colors on it against a blue sky. I'm still amazed that I even looked up and saw it hovering over the lake because if I had not done so, I would have missed it.

As always, it's great hearing someone else's witness account of seeing a similar type object because up until now, I've never run into someone else who has also seen an object that's similar to the one I saw! Thanks so much for sharing your sighting with us!

[edit on 26-1-2008 by Palasheea]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Ha, I have had that same thought, so I looked into it some more by checking out historical cases on nuforc.org and I found that all the shapes commonly described thourghout history actually have been described throughout well.....UFO history. Perhaps certain models are just more common during certain time frames. One of the best cases ever, the Antonio Villas Boas case was an egg shaped object seen up close and personal, and it occured in 1957. You should check it out.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
aww man, you cobbers get to see all the action.

all i get is what appears to be a star flying from one horizon to the other within about 90sec + silently, or what appears to be a short length shooting star that appears to accelerate or decelerate (have seen both)

definately not planes what i see, i always thought of them as satellites or the ISS as i started noticing these things when i started looking for iss / shuttle when they announce a good viewing opportunity on the news.

looks exactly the same ... but we know satellites dont have lights and sometimes i see one, sometimes ive seen 5 within about 90minutes.

luckily the sky is very clear here in adelaide most times, and i have a yard dark enough to allow me good visuals without the glare of street lights.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

I'd certainly love to hear more about your account Palasheea as it does sound very close in appearance to the 3 objects I witnessed. I was hoping, when I posted the original account here, that I would meet people like yourself with similar sightings.

I do have one interesting question for you. As time moves on from the sighting, do you find it harder to reconcile that object being there in the sky?

I do :s

Though my memory of the sighting is still extremely vivid (as is my x-girlfriends) we both agree that the further we get away from the incident, the less 'real' or tangible it seems to be.

I can only imagine that this effect is due to it's overall strangeness and non repetitive nature.

I'd also like to hear anyone elses comments in regards to this and whether they have experienced the same afterwards (were talking years). Or is there a psychological answer that someone can forward?

Cheers everyone, keep up the great work and I look forward to more posts and replies!

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

___

Very interesting report, thanks. There have been a number of reports from Australia over the last 5-10 years. Two of which I consider to be some of the most compelling missing time/abduction reports one of which happened to Kelly Cahill, see: www.ufoevidence.org...

Any missing time that you or your wife noticed between the start of the event and after?

Above is a thread which Gazrok created for members wishing to report information particulars on a sighting experience, here's the link:

Post a UFO sighting report:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Dallas

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

LOL You need to lay of the drugs....
'___' is not very good!!! You'll get flashbacks in later life.....Apparentley.
Or if drugs were not involved it's just sleep paralysis...
Alien abduction is ridiculous, and any one who tells me they have been visited/abducted looses all credibility with me, because people like this are the laughing stock of the UFO community and public in general...

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas

Any missing time that you or your wife noticed between the start of the event and after?

Dallas

Hi Dallas

No mate, there wasn't any missing time at all. We had a very small window of time to get from home to the cinema's. We still made it in time to buy our popcorn & choc-tops and find a good seat before the film started.

The only real time spent away from our journey into Frankston was the couple of minutes we were parked and out of the car watching these objects. Remember, that part of the sighting was initially from our travelling car.

I do actually remember the Kelly Cahill case. Judy Magee was in charge of VUFORS (Victorian UFO Research Society) back then. She remarked to me at one of their meetings that she thought all the sightings around that time were possibly linked to the Cahill abduction case... Interesting .. though I don't know how much stock to put into adbuctions at this point.

Kellys case was unique in that further witnesses came forward from the car following her along the same stretch of road that night.. then I believe a third seperate witness also came forward (a young gentleman) but don't quote me on that! If Kellys storie is to be believed, then I think it's right up there with Betty & Barney Hill.

Cheers Dallas, thanks for the great feedback! I might go for a trip to the link you provided.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   

New "Australian Conspiracies Forum"?

How about this if you dont mind a little off topic,
perhaps we can make our presence felt on ATS?!

As this thread has a lot of us
"progeny of deported criminals"
perhaps we could lend some support to this?
ahh why not, it is good to see some OZ specific discussion.
whaddyareckon?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I had a similar sighting in Glasgow in 97 or 98, I was walking up a hill in a populated area of Glasgow and caught site of an oval shaped bright orange disk in the distance, it seemed very far away and yet enormous, think of an egg but turned on its side, that is what it looked like, didn't move but it just disappeared, it was still daylight, a summer evening.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by aussiespeeder

New "Australian Conspiracies Forum"?

How about this if you dont mind a little off topic,
perhaps we can make our presence felt on ATS?!

I'm with you on that one Aussiespeedster! As a matter of fact - great minds think alike! It just so happens that before Christmas 07, I was looking into getting a website or a small bi monthly magazine together on Australian UFO Accounts (plus related materials). Perhaps via mail order but that's a little way off yet.

I'd be happy to try something out here but I would also have ambitions to take it further or beyond ATS to a point where we have more control over the nature of the content . To do that, we would need quite a few tenacious and trustworthy contributors.

If anyone reading this thread would love to start something up or hop onboard, post a reply below affirming you interest and we'll start to draw a plan and iron out the kinks together.

What say Yea? All in favour say Aye!

Cheers,
InfraRedMan

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jackcowboy

That sounds pretty weird Jackcowboy. Did the object just 'blink-out'? I actually think that would disturb me more than just seeing the thing fly off. At least when it flies away - you know it's gone!

However, when it just blinks out, who knows where it may reappear.

Thanks heaps for your account JCB.

BTW - I LOVE Scotland. Definately a place I'm going on my next holiday! Ya lucky bastard! I'm also trying to organise a game of Crop Circle Cricket when I'm in the UK next. I've been assured no-one has tried it yet.. LOL!

Any Aussies out there want to join the InfaRed 11? heheh

[edit on 31/1/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Yes it just seemed to fade out, it looked like an oval shaped planet but of course it wasn't a planet as although it was distant you could tell it was massive and it was low in the sky, it was between 2 buildings that were close by, bright orange in broad daylight, pretty bizarre, myself being on top of a hilly street and the buildings situated at the bottom of the street

Scotland is a beautiful country with lots of nice friendly people but I despise the British Govt, and the prices of things are here are higher than they have any right to be, ok to visit, not so good to reside in

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jackcowboy

Inflations on the rise everywhere jackcowboy. It's this fantastic capitalistic system we live under whereby it only really 'works' if it grows. It only grows when we rip up more trees, fish the oceans dry, drain the earth of it's blood and put it in the sky via our automobiles.

Kinda reminds me of the dragon eating it's own tail. It just seems every type of economic structure tried by man has failed. There must be a better way. Sorry to digress and become a bit political. It just seems the so called 'need to grow' mentality thrust upon us by globalization and Corporations (thanks Maggie Thatcher) is killing this earth and us along with it.

No wonder the Aliens are here and no wonder some of their heads are bald... They pulled all their hair out watching us! LMAO

Whoah! Did I just flip-off on a tangent?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join