It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Australian Account

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Many years ago I was lucky enough to witness some very spectacular aerial "lights" with my girlfriend. It was a beautiful summer’s day, about 18:30 (daylight savings time) and we were on our way to the cinema to see a film.

That night I was fortunate enough for my girlfriend to be driving. In Australia we drive on the opposite side of the road to the USA and our cars are right hand drive. In other words, I was sitting in the passenger seat on the left hand side of the car, on the left hand side of the road.

During the journey, I turned to my girlfriend in conversation only to see an orange glowing egg shaped object suspended in a clear, blue sky through her driver door window. It appeared to be quite close and it's altitude was also very low, perhaps 500 meters at most.

I told my girlfriend to look out her window to have a look at this "thing". She verified exactly what I was seeing. The tree's on the right side of the road started to become denser and the "object" started to gradually disappear behind them to the point that we couldn't articulate the object itself but still see the glow through tiny gaps.

About 20 or so seconds later we came to another clearing in the tree's and the object was still there but now accompanied by a second identical light, a little higher and to the left of the original object. By this time I was starting to feel a bit excited. I've seen all manner of craft in the skies before - blimps, planes, helicopters, balloons, parachutes, sky divers, flares - you name it - and these two objects didn't come remotely close.

I urged my girlfriend to pull over so we could watch these "things" but there was a car following closely behind us and my girlfriend was a nervous driver so she didn't want to pull up to the side directly. Instead she offered to turn into a road that we knew was on the right hand side of the road a further km along where we would get an unobstructed view.

It felt like forever but it was less than a minute and we were out of the car looking at these two glowing eggs in front of us at roughly 45 degrees upward from where we were standing. We could now see that the objects weren't exactly orange but oscillating into slightly different tones continuously.

Then the original object (lower right) increased in brightness accompanied by a strobing effect that lasted for a few seconds. During the strobing a smaller, silver ellipse shaped object "popped out" from the bottom and in an "S" shaped movement, (Up - Down - Up) moved to the left. When it stopped, its altitude was the same as the first object which had "spawned" it and was also now in the perfect position (in correlation to the other two objects) to create and equalateral triangle.

The silver light then changed color to orange and grew in size to match the other two. So we were now seeing three identical orange egg shaped objects in an equalateral triangle. This formation lasted for approximately 30 - 45 seconds and then they departed in the exact order they appeared in, flying horizontally & directly away from us in a northerly direction towards Mt Dandenong. We tracked them visually until they were dots and eventually, gone entirely.

I slowly spun my head around looking in the sky for anything else but the sky was empty except for one tiny Cessna that was a few minutes away, flying toward us and the general vacinity of where we had witnessed these objects. I doubt there would have been any way that the pilot could have missed them. However my enquiries later that night to Moorabbin, Essendon and Tullamarine Airports, including the Bureau of Meteorology bore no fruit.

There were other reported sightings of the same 3 objects which appeared in the local paper the next week concerning that very evening from different ground perspectives but essentially the exact same thing. Nothing ever came of it though...

Anyway, that's probably why I'm a member of ATS today.

Happy to answer any Q's if you have them.

[edit on 27/12/07 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
From your description you were roughly in the Narre Warren/Berwick area, if you were looking North to the Dandenongs?

There's always reports of UFOs around the Dandenongs. Keep looking.

I've seen three orange lights in the triangle formation also, but from a distance and on the other side of the city. I estimated them to be West of Tullamarine, moving slowly West, low in the sky. My sighting was around 1996 or so and I know there were other people who reported the same thing, when I reported my sighting. It *could* have been planes, so I wasn't too fussed about unusual distant, lights in the sky.

However, you saw them much closer, with more activity. Cool...

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
From your description you were roughly in the Narre Warren/Berwick area, if you were looking North to the Dandenongs?

Close tezzajw! We were in the Baxter / Langwarrin area at the time!

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Man I’ve been in Australia my entire life and I’ve never seen any ufo's...

Although I think I’ve seen the occupants of those craft in my room…

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Many years ago I was lucky enough to witness some very spectacular aerial "lights" with my girlfriend. It was a beautiful summer’s day, about 18:30 (daylight savings time) and we were on our way to the cinema to see a film.

That night I was fortunate enough for my girlfriend to be driving. In Australia we drive on the opposite side of the road to the USA and our cars are right hand drive. In other words, I was sitting in the passenger seat on the left hand side of the car, on the left hand side of the road.

During the journey, I turned to my girlfriend in conversation only to see an orange glowing egg shaped object suspended in a clear, blue sky through her driver door window. It appeared to be quite close and it's altitude was also very low, perhaps 500 meters at most.

I told my girlfriend to look out her window to have a look at this "thing". She verified exactly what I was seeing. The tree's on the right side of the road started to become denser and the "object" started to gradually disappear behind them to the point that we couldn't articulate the object itself but still see the glow through tiny gaps.

About 20 or so seconds later we came to another clearing in the tree's and the object was still there but now accompanied by a second identical light, a little higher and to the left of the original object. By this time I was starting to feel a bit excited. I've seen all manner of craft in the skies before - blimps, planes, helicopters, balloons, parachutes, sky divers, flares - you name it - and these two objects didn't come remotely close.

I urged my girlfriend to pull over so we could watch these "things" but there was a car following closely behind us and my girlfriend was a nervous driver so she didn't want to pull up to the side directly. Instead she offered to turn into a road that we knew was on the right hand side of the road a further km along where we would get an unobstructed view.

It felt like forever but it was less than a minute and we were out of the car looking at these two glowing eggs in front of us at roughly 45 degrees upward from where we were standing. We could now see that the objects weren't exactly orange but oscillating into slightly different tones continuously.

Then the original object (lower right) increased in brightness accompanied by a strobing effect that lasted for a few seconds. During the strobing a smaller, silver ellipse shaped object "popped out" from the bottom and in an "S" shaped movement, (Up - Down - Up) moved to the left. When it stopped, its altitude was the same as the first object which had "spawned" it and was also now in the perfect position (in correlation to the other two objects) to create and equalateral triangle.

The silver light then changed color to orange and grew in size to match the other two. So we were now seeing three identical orange egg shaped objects in an equalateral triangle. This formation lasted for approximately 30 - 45 seconds and then they departed in the exact order they appeared in, flying horizontally & directly away from us in a northerly direction towards Mt Dandenong. We tracked them visually until they were dots and eventually, gone entirely.

I slowly spun my head around looking in the sky for anything else but the sky was empty except for one tiny Cessna that was a few minutes away, flying toward us and the general vacinity of where we had witnessed these objects. I doubt there would have been any way that the pilot could have missed them. However my enquiries later that night to Moorabbin, Essendon and Tullamarine Airports, including the Bureau of Meteorology bore no fruit.

There were other reported sightings of the same 3 objects which appeared in the local paper the next week concerning that very evening from different ground perspectives but essentially the exact same thing. Nothing ever came of it though...

Anyway, that's probably why I'm a member of ATS today.

Happy to answer any Q's if you have them.

[edit on 27/12/07 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I have seen something similar in the outskirts of Perth to what you describe,being orange and low to the ground.Both me and a friend
were riding our bikes through the bush at around 5:30pm when we saw this strange light low in the sky it was directly east from us and stayed in the one position for about ten minutes and then slowly shrunk in size until it disappeared.I did'nt see anything more of what you described.But i would like to match these sightings up as much as i can.You say it was an egg shaped object suspended in the sky that seemed close and at low altitude,Did it almost seem like a dull sun about to set? the light that i saw was very much like that and also appeared close and at low altitude suspeded in the same position and also around the same time of day.Although this happend in 1997.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by scatoma
You say it was an egg shaped object suspended in the sky that seemed close and at low altitude, Did it almost seem like a dull sun about to set?

Wow, that sounds cool scatoma and very similar!

To answer your question, yes they were egg-like or oval-ish. A touch elongated more so than round. I made a point of not calling these objects "lights". They appeared to be solids that emitted their own glow in a similar sense to hot metal (in a mild sense, like a dull sun). Not quite the same but I think that was due to the constant oscillation of the color.

The "surface" or what appeared to be the surface of these things isn't easy to compare to regular things. Though I'm not trying to over-complicate their appearance. Think of what "mother of pearl" looks like with the swirling hue's of different color. Imagine that in shades of orange. There was something organic to it... I'm still not doing it total justice but that's about as close as I can get.

Hope that helps mate

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Very interesting indeed thanks for posting!

I remember that Glowing 'Egg' shaped UFOs were very heavily reported back in the early 80's (like 'cigar' shaped before that), but sightings seemed to have dropped off sharply in favor of 'Triangles' and 'Saucers', so it is very interesting to read this account...

It very much concurs with lots of reports that I have read before (80's), and to me, is the most credible account I have read recently on ATS.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fraank Fontaine
Very interesting indeed thanks for posting!

I remember that Glowing 'Egg' shaped UFOs were very heavily reported back in the early 80's.

Hi Fraank Fontaine,

Thanks for your comments. Our sighting occured in late 93 early 94, (the Australian Summer).

Cheers Mate!

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Bloody Great to see so many Aussies on ATS!
I was on the Darling River a couple of years ago (hmm it had water so it may have been longer) late summer anyway and on a photo job doing pretty tourism stuff. Early evening having a beer waiting for dinner and a golden amorphous ball caught my eye. About 100m away it seemed a meter tall and shapeshifted from almost a sphere to an egg and back changing colours silvery then golden, black stripes sort of swirls.
Then it just dissappeared only to reform a few meters from us, a big ball of insects! I checked them out with a scientist mate and he said it was a mass-mating group of insects like flying ants or lacewings and reasonably common. Spectacular!
I dont say yours was the same just thought Id throw 2cents in.
Any idea how fast your thing moved?
I will try and get a pic from my mate who had the speed to get a shot, I was enoying the beer after a very long day.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Excellent account with lots of detail.

My experiences in brief: My mother has seen this 'spheres of light' phenomenon twice, once on the NSW Central Coast (circa 1955) and again just south of Sydney (circa 1980). I personally saw a silver 'hat' shaped 'saucer' UFO (circa 1982). Even though the image in my mind is still vivid, I was so young the details are hard for me to substantiate. Same locale, a friend saw a huge 'burning log' UFO in the sky, witnessed concurrently with her mother, accompanied by a sense of dread.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by aussiespeeder

I dont say yours was the same just thought Id throw 2cents in.
Any idea how fast your thing moved?

That sounds fairly spectacular to witness. I'd love to see that some day myself!
There was definately something 'organic' about the objects we saw and also an intelligence. The objects that we witnessed only took a 5-10 seconds (that's what it felt like) to travel 20+ miles into the Dandenongs. I'd have to check on a map to get the exact distance.

However, It's always possible that something could give the illusion of speeding away if it physically shrunk on the spot but the flight appeared to be parallel to the ground, something easily followed by the eye.

One of the reports in the local paper had three silent orange objects speeding over the top of them that caused a breeze... (weird). This witness was located somewhere between us and the Dandenongs. Their time was close to mine also. I wish I could find the cuttings...
lol

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
I personally saw a silver 'hat' shaped 'saucer' UFO (circa 1982). Even though the image in my mind is still vivid, I was so young the details are hard for me to substantiate. Same locale, a friend saw a huge 'burning log' UFO in the sky, witnessed concurrently with her mother, accompanied by a sense of dread.

I didn't feel any sense of dread, neither of us did. More of awe or "wow". However having said that, I think I would have felt a bit more pensive had the sighting occured in the middle of the night...lol

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Im wondering if you may remmember but what movie to be exact? Just curious but intresting story maybe a legitimate sighting.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
My dad grw up in the Mallee and one night while we were driving to my grandparents' place (we were in the last 30 minutes of a 3hr journey) mum prompted dad to tell me a story. (sidebar: I can't remember why but my sisters weren't with us).

This was dad's story:

On a similar late-evening/early night drive home through the Mallee to visit his parents, my recently-married (or soon-to-be married) dad looked out the window of the car and did a double-take.

He was driving on his own (RHD) heading roughly WNW and was looking out the driver's window, so looking ENE or thereabouts.

Travelling at a very similar speed to him was a bright orange light. It was situated almost over his shoulder, but seemed to be keeping pace with him.

It was difficult to judge the distance. This was after dark in the country. But the light did not seem either very big or very far away OR very small. Dad had a little difficulty trying to describe this bit to me. It definitely wasn't a helicopter following him, he said. It was too slow to be prop or jet aircraft.

He said the light remained over his shoulder for about 15 to 20 kays before he turned onto another road and changed direction slightly and it also changed direction slightly, their paths diverging away from each other.

The reason mum told dad to relate this story to me was that we were at that point on exactly the same stretch of road at almost exactly the same time of night.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Sounds interesting HowlrunnerIV. I didn't realise there were so may orange things floating about the place until I posted the account here... Very intriguing stuff!

One person commented that the orange eggs/spheres don't get seen much anymore but they were big in the 80's. It leads you to wonder, "Why the change"?

If (for arguments sake) the orange eggs were some type of ET craft. Did they all upgrade to new models? lol! If so where are the old ones now and where can I buy one?

Orrrrrr.... Did this type of craft belong to a species that were here only temporarily?

I'd also be interested to know what the sun was doing back in the 80's 90's that may be different from today.. Just to explore other (more mundane) explanations.

It's great to see so many Aussies on here at ATS as well! Happy 2008 peeps!

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

The story was recounted to me in the mid-80s, but it occurred in the early 70s.

So what does that mean?

In the late '80s there were a couple of crop circles in the Mallee, my grandfather got great photos of one of them, which turned up in the local papers and, I'm pretty sure, the Sun as well (edit to clarify: the crop circle, not his photos). This was before those two Brits came out and said it was all done with a stick and a bit of string (okay, a plank and some rope). These were pure circles, no patterns involved.

When Grandpa showed me his photos and the clippings he also described the whole scene. He told me that the local farmers (he was a mechanic) were a bunch of fools because by the time he got out there to get his shots half the district was standing around trampling the edges of the circle and destroying any chance of an investigation. He also specifically said the farmers (collectively) were picking up the crushed wheat and "blow testing" it, proving that the wheat was still okay. Grandpa was really irked by that because they were deforming the circle.

He then said there had been reports of angry herds of cows and sheep at night and several farms had had tanks and tank dams drained overnight, but that there were no puddles under them (the tanks) the next day.

All cool stuff. Unfortunately Grandpa died in 1994 and Dad died 11 years later. So my primary sources are gone.

[edit on 15-1-2008 by HowlrunnerIV]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Sounds like it was all happening out there in the dusty old Mallee back in the 70's HowlrunnerIV! I remember reading somewhere that the Australian 'circles' were some of the earliest on record.

Getting much rain there these days (or is that a silly question)? lol

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Glad to see the Aussies making a presence on ATS

I've spotted a few unexplainable objects in the past few years, but nothing spectacular yet.

I live on the Mid North Coast of NSW, about halfway between Sydney and Brisbane, and you've got to really get off the beaten track and away from any city lights and get a nice, clear night sky to have a good chance of seeing anything. Then again, the 2 times i have seen a possible UFO i wasn't looking for them so who knows.

The most recent sighting was at Stuarts Point, which is a small coastal town. It was about 10pm and myself and 2 others were about to get into the car and head back to the hotel when i spotted a red light above the bush a fair distance away, just visible above the tree-line on the horizon.

I didn't take much notice because i thought it may have been mars or a plane etc and then it started to bounce up and down. Can't really explain it any other way... it just went vertically up and down about a fingers length. I pointed it out then to the others and we watched it for several minutes. It would go up and down and stop... then change colour to white and do it again.

After those few minutes it descended below the tree-line on one of it's downward cycle and didn't come back up.

I have no idea what it was but it was an amazing sight.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
Glad to see the Aussies making a presence on ATS

Yeah!! Too right mate!

I'm just happy to see Australia and UFO in the same sentence!

There is bugga all mention of UFOs in AU... or it doesn't get too much attention. I have seen heaps of weird lights etc. funny, the 2nd to last one I saw, hundreds of reports were made to Police etc in the Spencer Gulf area, SA (The Iron Triangle) and even though, Police etc had seen it too, they decided it was nothing more than a meteor shower of some sort. The hundreds of people that reported the sighting did not believe it for one minute.

All these blue lights bobbing up and down, going sideways, zipping across the sky...really amazing to see it. I don't think meteors do that?

Either way, good to see some Aussie Oi Oi Oi participation here on ATS

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join