It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam and eve

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I've done a lot of searching on creation...Creation is on the basic question that human wants to solve!!!

All theories can be good, who will actually prove it?! The bible, as you all say, is a mythological, it's legends for us to understand.
Adam is the name for (Male) and Eve (Female) they were created probably by some high beings from the source (god) with genes from other species of other planets like the pleiades. At that time, for millions of years we (like the sumerian tablets say) we were evoluted and highly spiritual. Then the serpent came, that is like (satan or dark forces) and we changed and got away from the source. That did not happen in 1 afternoon like in the bible! Maybe the serpent is actually the Reptilian specie of E.T that we can find in ancient civilisation drawings, dragons, gargoiles...who know?!

That is mt theorie...thanks
Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Sitchin does translate things himself, but where he'll differ from other well known translations, especially with the Bible, he will point out the differences between his and other translations and why he has translated the way he does.

Of course, unless we ourselves can understand those languages, we will never know 100% ;-)

There are other translations out there, sure. It might be Oxford Uni that has a sumerian text corpus that can be accessed online

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
If you look at Adam & Eve from a faith-based standpoint, then yes, you accept this story at its' face value. We all come from two people.

Now, from a scientific standpoint, this idea is plainly absurd. Even if this duo held the likenesses of Brad Pitt and Pamela Anderson, over thousands of years of incest (and i say thousands because according to some theologists that's how old the earth is) we would all be walking around, or crawling around rather, with eyeballs on our elbows and fingers for ears.

I rate this as one of the most outlandish literal storys from the Old Testament, but surely one of the most fascinating metaphorically.

[edit on 30-9-2004 by goregrinder]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelia
I've done a lot of searching on creation...Creation is on the basic question that human wants to solve!!!

All theories can be good, who will actually prove it?! The bible, as you all say, is a mythological, it's legends for us to understand.
Adam is the name for (Male) and Eve (Female) they were created probably by some high beings from the source (god) with genes from other species of other planets like the pleiades.

Then why is the human genome so dramatically similiar to the chimp genome? And why is it proportionately less similiar to the gorilla genome, and less similiar to the genome of primitive primates, and primitive mammals, and so on and so on.

At that time, for millions of years we (like the sumerian tablets say) we were evoluted and highly spiritual.

What sumerian tablets talk about evolution happening over millions of years?

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just kisses, no hugs? Or is it the other way around, allways forget.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hi

Take a look at this link

www.crystalinks.com...

One of the explanation of our origins, but we have to investigate more...I know

Forget about CHimps...that is a way to make us think we come from monkeys hihihih makes to sens to me!

Ameliaxoxoxox

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   

www.crystalinks.com...

I'd really be extraordinarly wary of using anything from crystal links. They do terrible research, don't seem to consult anyone that isn't already talking about aliens, and don't even seem to do any original research in the first place. Anyway, most of the stuff there looks like they are assuming the 'aliens from beyond' thing is true in the first place and aren't even questioning it. What did you think was the most convicning part?

One of the explanation of our origins, but we have to investigate more...I know

I would say that the crystal links people and others making similiar claims need to do a little more than say that because the sumerians were talking about heavenly people that they must've been talking about aliens.

Forget about CHimps...that is a way to make us think we come from monkeys hihihih makes to sens to me!

What is the problem with man being an ape? Also, why should anyone reject the conclusions of evolutionary biology and paleo-anthropology and genetics? The evidence weighs strongly in favour of man having evolved from a chimp like ancesto, there is certainly more evidence for that then for sumerian contact with advanced spacefaring aliens, or anything like that.
Ameliaxoxoxox

Ameliaxoxoxox

Owwh, kisses AND hugs! Now things are getting interesting.

[edit on 1-10-2004 by Nygdan]

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Dont ya think GOD would have kept all that in order until there were enough people.

Hit up mysteries of the ages to posted in the religious conspiracy forum. He hits many of these topics in the book.

Furthermore, who ever said they were brother and sister. Adam was created then Eve. Plus think about how many children they may have had before Satan tempted them. Defects are part of the ills of the world that were released with that action. In theory, there may have been no such thing as birth defects or "incest" before they were tricked into eating fromt he wrong tree.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 05:27 AM
link   

I'll believe in evolution when they find the missing link. You heard about the missing link right? You must have.

news.bbc.co.uk...

no "missing link"

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonflyKingdom
Dont ya think GOD would have kept all that in order until there were enough people.

No, not at all. Why do you?

Hit up mysteries of the ages to posted in the religious conspiracy forum. He hits many of these topics in the book.

Furthermore, who ever said they were brother and sister.
I think this is the first mention of it.

Defects are part of the ills of the world that were released with that action. In theory, there may have been no such thing as birth defects or "incest" before they were tricked into eating fromt he wrong tree.

Yeah ok. In 'theory' eh? Since the whole story is based entirely on miracles, you might as well say angels flew into adams sperm and rearranged his genes to keep the lethal and recessive ones out. Its just as reasonable.

Kessel, and to that one can add:
www.talkorigins.org...

which has 18 different species of fossil homonids, and thats ignoring the other more primitive ancestors. Anyone claiming there is no 'missing link' is profoundly uneducated on the subject, and they must know it because they have to know that they've never looked into it. And yet they feel that they can make such certain absolute statements on it.

[edit on 6-10-2004 by Nygdan]

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kessel

I'll believe in evolution when they find the missing link. You heard about the missing link right? You must have.

news.bbc.co.uk...

no "missing link"

Here is a link that talks about the �missing link� (no pun intended)

www.bethelthehouseofgod.net...

[edit on 6-10-2004 by mdefab01]

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Sorry, but I really think that we have some aliens DNA in our blood....Science can't do a thing for me, there is so much that science can't explain or put up phony theories....The day I will die I will know

Ameliaxxxxx

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mdefab01
www.bethelthehouseofgod.net...

People have the idea about the serpent being a snake, but the Bible never said the serpent was a snake. The Bible called him a beast, and the Bible called him the most subtle of all beasts. Therefore that beast was a special class of a beast and that is the "missing link" between man and chimpanzee. He was higher than the Ape, higher than the chimpanzee, almost a man.

Well, that was pretty absurd. oh look, they too haven't done any research into the subject, as mentioned above

and that is why science cannot find the "missing link" between man and the chimpanzee

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The beast....serpent, was it the reptilians (the aliens that controls the world) that is the same beast that will cause the apocalypse (revelation)

I think so, devil, beast=reptilians

That is what I believe
Am I crazy or what! You can tell me I'm crazy hahahaha

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Am I crazy or what! You can tell me I'm crazy hahahaha
:

Whether or not one is 'crazy' has less to do with the things beleived and more with the reasons for beleiving them. Why do you belive the serpent mentioned in the bible is a humanoid reptillian alien race?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TPL
To get a gentically viable colony you need around 30 people to stop future offspring Inbreeding causing abnormalities. 2 people cannot start a genetically viable colony.

thats based on the theory that the genes of then are the same as today,, if u want to believe the bible then they were genetic superiors that were much more perfect,, lack of perfection causes the deformity, look at the bible, if u believe in adam and eve then the fact we lived so long is obviously a clue that we are not the same as we were then

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by genesiss
if u believe in adam and eve then the fact we lived so long is obviously a clue that we are not the same as we were then

You are interpreting and adding things to scripture that simply aren't there. Genetics isn't in scripture. You can no more certianly infer that their genetics was altered in some way than you can infer any other possible set of miracles that would equally well explain these things.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Why do you belive the serpent mentioned in the bible is a humanoid reptillian alien race?

With all I've read about ancient civilisations, mayans, africans, egyptians, greeks.......the reptilians history and soooo on, it's logical that the reptilians are "the demon". The ancient worshipped them, they saw them as god, but in realty they are the evil. the "fallen angels"

The reptilians herein referred to are a group of fallen-from-grace beings, some galactic criminals that refused to reform themselves and follow the ascension of their brethren of race, and instead, they persisted in their crooked way. They do not obey any galactic laws nor cling to any protocol. They are an astute and highly wicked minority within the galactic races, herein referred to as infernal or satanic beings, which followed their leader Lucifer or Satan. They have a dark past of destruction of worlds and of galactic wars before they took over by force planet Terra or Shan.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Adam and Eve was just a way to explain creation back in the day. They were not a very evolved people ... but they came up with that myth.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Actually I think the 'story' of Adam and Eve does have merit to it. They are our literal ancestors to our species. However I don't think that it should be taken literally as the book of Genesis(Bible) says.

One also has to consider that back in those times it was taboo/sinful to discuss certain matters openly, especially if they had sexual content in it. And as generations passed, religious leaders manipulated their books so that the Genesis story became mild but with the basic moral essence intact; that Adam and Eve did commit sin.

My take is, initially God created Man (Adam) in his own image. He was placed in the Garden of Eden (somewhere in Kashmir) with all God's creation and the power to rule over the Garden. However Adam was not fully aware of himself. The serpent is actually his phallus that God had forbidden him from exploring due to its sacredness and thus keeping the 'knowledge of life' from Adam (i.e. we all know human life is created through this tool). However, Eve raises this consciousness by touching the 'serpent' and they taste the seed (apple) which then awakens the sense of nakedness in Adam and Eve.

The Nag Hammadi Gnostics' rendering has the spiritual principle known as Eve emerging from the unconscious depths of the somnolent Adam. Before she thus emerges into liberating consciousness. in the Testimony of Truth the Gnostic treatise says

"..when God gave a command to Adam, "From every tree you may eat, but from the tree which is in the midst of Paradise do not eat, for on the day that you eat from it, you will surely die." But the serpent was wiser than all the animals that were in Paradise, and he persuaded Eve, saying, "On the day when you eat from the tree which is in the midst of Paradise, the eyes of your mind will be opened." And Eve obeyed, and she stretched forth her hand; she took from the tree and ate; she also gave to her husband with her. And immediately they knew that they were naked, and they took some fig-leaves (and) put them on as girdles. "

In the Apocryphon of John it says;

And to I said to the savior, "Lord, was it not the serpent that taught Adam to eat?" The savior smiled and said, "The serpent taught them to eat from wickedness of begetting, lust, (and) destruction, that he (Adam) might be useful to him. And he (Adam) knew that he was disobedient to him (the chief archon) due to light of the Epinoia which is in him, which made him more correct in his thinking than the chief archon. And (the latter) wanted to bring about the power which he himself had given him. And he brought a forgetfulness over Adam."

The origin of Adam is stated as below

""The first one began to create the head. Eteraphaope-Abron created his head; Meniggesstroeth created the brain; Asterechme (created) the right eye; Thaspomocha, the left eye; Yeronumos, the right ear; Bissoum, the left ear; Akioreim, the nose; Banen-Ephroum, the lips; Amen, the teeth; Ibikan, the molars; Basiliademe, the tonsils; Achcha, the uvula; Adaban, the neck; Chaaman, the vertebrae; Dearcho, the throat; Tebar, the right shoulder; [...], the left shoulder; Mniarcon, the right elbow; [...], the left elbow; Abitrion, the right underarm; Evanthen, the left underarm; Krys, the right hand; Beluai, the left hand; Treneu, the fingers of the right hand; Balbel, the fingers of the left hand; Kriman, the nails of the hands; Astrops, the right breast; Barroph, the left breast; Baoum, the right shoulder joint; Ararim, the left shoulder joint; Areche, the belly; Phthave, the navel; Senaphim, the abdomen; Arachethopi, the right ribs; Zabedo, the left ribs; Barias, the right hip; Phnouth the left hip; Abenlenarchei, the marrow; Chnoumeninorin, the bones; Gesole, the stomach; Agromauna, the heart; Bano, the lungs; Sostrapal, the liver; Anesimalar, the spleen; Thopithro, the intestines; Biblo, the kidneys; Roeror, the sinews; Taphreo, the spine of the body; Ipouspoboba, the veins; Bineborin, the arteries; Atoimenpsephei, theirs are the breaths which are in all the limbs; Entholleia, all the flesh; Bedouk, the right buttock (?); Arabeei, the left penis; Eilo, the testicles; Sorma, the genitals; Gorma-Kaiochlabar, the right thigh; Nebrith, the left thigh; Pserem, the kidneys of the right leg; Asaklas, the left kidney; Ormaoth, the right leg; Emenun, the left leg; Knyx, the right shin-bone; Tupelon, the left shin-bone; Achiel, the right knee; Phnene, the left knee; Phiouthrom, the right foot; Boabel, its toes; Trachoun, the left foot; Phikna, its toes; Miamai, the nails of the feet; Labernioum - .

"And those who were appointed over all of these are: Zathoth, Armas, Kalila, Jabel, (Sabaoth, Cain, Abel). And those who are particularly active in the limbs (are) the head Diolimodraza, the neck Yammeax, the right shoulder Yakouib, the left shoulder Verton, the right hand Oudidi, the left one Arbao, the fingers of the right hand Lampno, the fingers of the left hand Leekaphar, the right breast Barbar, the left breast Imae, the chest Pisandriaptes, the right shoulder joint Koade, the left shoulder joint Odeor, the right ribs Asphixix, the left ribs Synogchouta, the belly Arouph, the womb Sabalo, the right thigh Charcharb, the left thigh Chthaon, all the genitals Bathinoth, the right leg Choux, the left leg Charcha, the right shin-bone Aroer, the left shin-bone Toechtha, the right knee Aol, the left knee Charaner, the right foot Bastan, its toes Archentechtha, the left foot Marephnounth, its toes Abrana.

"Seven have power over all of these: Michael, Ouriel, Asmenedas, Saphasatoel, Aarmouriam, Richram, Amiorps. And the ones who are in charge over the senses (are) Archendekta; and he who is in charge over the receptions (is) Deitharbathas; and he who is in charge over the imagination (is) Oummaa; and he who is over the composition Aachiaram, and he who is over the whole impulse Riaramnacho.

"And the origin of the demons which are in the whole body is determined to be four: heat, cold, wetness, and dryness. And the mother of all of them is matter. And he who reigns over the heat (is) Phloxopha; and he who reigns over the cold is Oroorrothos; and he who reigns over what is dry (is) Erimacho; and he who reigns over the wetness (is) Athuro. And the mother of all of these, Onorthochrasaei, stands in their midst, since she is illimitable, and she mixes with all of them. And she is truly matter, for they are nourished by her.

"The four chief demons are: Ephememphi, who belongs to pleasure, Yoko, who belongs to desire, Nenentophni, who belongs to grief, Blaomen, who belongs to fear. And the mother of them all is Aesthesis-Ouch-Epi-Ptoe. And from the four demons passions came forth. And from grief (came) envy, jealousy, distress, trouble, pain, callousness, anxiety, mourning, etc. And from pleasure much wickedness arises, and empty pride, and similar things. And from desire (comes) anger, wrath, and bitterness, and bitter passion, and unsatedness, and similar things. And from fear (comes) dread, fawning, agony, and shame. All of these are like useful things as well as evil things. But the insight into their true (character) is Anaro, who is the head of the material soul, for it belongs with the seven senses, Ouch-Epi-Ptoe.

"This is the number of the angels: together they are 365." They all worked on it until, limb for limb, the natural and the material body was completed by them. Now there are other ones in charge over the remaining passions whom I did not mention to you. But if you wish to know them, it is written in the book of Zoroaster

Zoroaster?? Yes, I do think that both religions were linked at some point in history, before Judaism began. And prior to Zorastrianism there was the ancient vedic hinduism.

And somebody ought to tell this fellow why he finds the starkling similarities.
]

[edit on 19-10-2004 by aryaputhra]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by aryaputhra
My take is, initially God created Man (Adam) in his own image.

You think that this part is literal then? That man was formed out of muck, rather than evolved from more primitive primates and mammals?

The rest is interesting, the idea of eve emering from adam's mind reminds me of Athena springing fully formed from zeus' head.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join