It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vitamin D + Calcium reduces CANCER risk by 77%

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
i quote :-

Exciting new research conducted at the Creighton University School of Medicine in Nebraska has revealed that supplementing with vitamin D and calcium can reduce your risk of cancer by an astonishing 77 percent. This includes breast cancer, colon cancer, skin cancer and other forms of cancer. This research provides strong new evidence that vitamin D is the single most effective medicine against cancer, far outpacing the benefits of any cancer drug known to modern science.

The study involved 1,179 healthy women from rural Nebraska. One group of women was given calcium (around 1500 mg daily) and vitamin D (1100 IU daily) while.....

Read the full story below by clicking the link but a simple supplement reduces the cancer risk by a hugh amount.

This suggests that the daily R.D.A are totally wrong and that modern food does not have these vital vitamins.

Many studies suggest that the R.D.A is wrong and was influenced by the drug companies and set too low to ensure a sick population who continue to buy their crappy symptom relieving drugs forever.

I myself have taken 3 or 4 vitamin tablets daily and never felt any different.

There are no recorded cases of people dying from vitamins or minerals.

There are at least 240000 recorded cases of people being killed by FDA approved drugs every year in the United Staes which is now run by Big Pharma as they have bribed all the 533 senators by donating a billion dollars to election expenses and also have 2 lobbyists for each one.

Think about it.

www.newstarget.com...

...Considering just the last three years of the study reveals an impressive 77 percent reduction in cancer due to supplementation.

American Society Response:-

This research on vitamin D is such good news that the American Cancer Society, of course, had to say something against it. An ACS spokesperson, Marji McCullough, strategic director of nutritional epidemiology for the American Cancer Society, flatly stated that nobody should take supplements to prevent cancer"...

Notice the name, too: It isn't the American Anti-Cancer Society, it's the American Cancer Society!

THEY ARE BASTARDS AND I HOPE THEY DIE SLOWLY FROM CANCER THE DIRTY ROTTON SCUM.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by esecallum]

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I didn't spend much time looking (slacker), but some of the geographic locations for cancer rates ( predicted ) for both men & women, in regards to the most common cancers, don't coincide with the articles claims.

With natural sunlight being named as a beneficial part of the treatment, I thought I would check some of the sunnier states, Florida for instance shows a high rate of 'all ' cancers, as does Alaska.

The only states that show (projected) minimal amounts of cancer are located on the West coast and areas in the Mid-West.

Cancer Stats

Of course there could be many other factors involved, but face value of the claim of sunlight being a Anti-cancer contributor.. just doesn't seem right.

The author of the article sounds like somewhat of a hermit....

put no personal care products on my skin whatsoever: No deodorants, no fragrance, no skin creams, no cosmetics and no sunscreen. This alone saves me from exposure to hundreds of cancer-causing toxic chemicals added to personal care products. I refuse to use chemical laundry detergent and, instead, use natural laundry soap that grows on trees: Natural soap berries that we sell as a replacement for chemical laundry detergents

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Grailkeeper

Vitamin D + CALCIUM

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by esecallum

Vitamin D + CALCIUM

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Take one cap of cod liver oil per day along with your calcium supplement
and don't worry !

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Grailkeeper

I am going to inform the Society for the Equal Rights to Respect for Hermits about your slur.I am sure they will contact you and demand an explanation.

[edit on 28-12-2007 by esecallum]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by starstuck
Take one cap of cod liver oil per day along with your calcium supplement
and don't worry !

Read that last part again.

"American Cancer Society,doesn't currently recommend taking vitamin or mineral supplements to reduce cancer risk."

The reason being that members of the ACS are pharmaceutical companies who benefit from high cancer rates.It is a huge industry.Nearly everyone of the 500000 who die from cancer every year in the USA gets chemo.Even at a lowly $50000 treatment cost per patient this is big bucks.

$25 billion.

Even a small reduction in people getting cancer would mean a loss of big bucks.

The second and third studies by Harvard and Boston points in the same direction.Taking supplements reduces cancer risk.

i quote 2 further studies:-

The findings are published in the June edition of the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition .

In May, Harvard Medical School researchers reported in the Archives of Internal Medicine that high intakes of vitamin D and calcium cut the risk of breast cancer by nearly one-third in premenopausal women, but not women past menopause.

Dr. Michael Holick, professor of medicine, physiology and biophysics at the Boston University School of Medicine and a long-time vitamin D researcher, said the Lappe study adds to growing evidence of the health and disease-fighting effects of vitamin D.

"It's very clear the data are significant," he said of the Lappe study.

Vitamin D is thought to act through the immune system to help prevent the formation of abnormal cells, Lappe said.

To date, both Lappe and Holick said, high intake of vitamin D has been found to reduce the risk of many forms of cancer as well as type 1 diabetes, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis and high blood pressure.

Discuss vitamin D intake with your doctor. And be aware that the Institute of Medicine has declared that 2,000 IUs is the upper tolerable, or safe, level for most people. For babies up to 1 year old, the limit is 1,000 IUs, McCullough said.

Vitamin D, which is important for strong bones, is found in salmon and other fish, and fortified milk and fortified cereals, among other foods.

The point is that RDA is not enough at 200 IU.

It needs to be 1100 to 1500 IU daily.

Read the full report here :-

www.hon.ch...

Considering that 500000 AMERICANS die from cancer every year it is shocking that this has not been been broadcast widely.

[edit on 28-12-2007 by esecallum]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Also New Scientist this week reported farm workers in touch with a lot of soil and dirt have a 5 TIMES LESS chance of getting cancer!!!

So if you are farm worker and do take vitamin D + Calcium supplements in the above doses the your chance of getting cancer will be...

So do the math

1 minus 0.77 = 0.23 times 0.2 =0.046 or reduced 21.7 TIMES.

THINK ABOUT IT.

[edit on 15-1-2008 by esecallum]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
There are SO MANY things to prevent cancer...
For instance, just eating 1 orange or tangerine a day will reduce your risks of mouth/throat cacer by 52%.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The sooner people stop popping pills, the sooner the world will see less medical problems.

new topics

top topics

join