It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Megadeth Vs. Metallica

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Megadeth Vs. Metallica

Who do you think is the better band?, please provide reasons, favorite songs etc.
My vote personally goes to Megadeth

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 03:26 AM
link   
80s metallica totally ownz... up to the Black album they rocked, albeit the Black album is ok... i don't listen to anything post-Black album, blaaaaaah...

on the other hand, megadeth has alwayz owned... there is not one album of theirs i don't like...

if i were to pick one over the other tho, i would say 80s metallica ownz megadeth... but it is very close... they both own...

rock on! \m/

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Can I vote for neither and instead choose Acid Bath? Tranquilized is such a great tune. And both of their albums were incredible.

Of the two bands you mentioned, I'd go with Megadeth. Three words: Symphony of Destruction.

/tn.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
For me it would have to be Metallica. It is kinda petty but there has always been something about Dave Mustaine that really annoys me... I know I'm shallow

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Megadeth. Mustaine is a better song writer and guitarist. Metallica are sellout conformist pigs who will NEVER BE METAL AGAIN.

SR

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Megadeath clearly pwn but i've always liked a few Mettalica albums nevertheless.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Megadeth. I can't pick a favorite album with these guys. Gotta have Peace Sells, So far, so good.... and Rust in Peace.

Metallica, that's easy. Ride the Lightning.

Megadeth is just better, for longer.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Iv'e always wondered when a band vs band thread starts, what exactly is the criteria?

catchy lyrics?
Heavy riffs?
shred miesters?
1/2 step chord progressions?
gravelly voiced frontman?
the clothes? the hair?
drug usage?

What exactly makes a person favor one band over another and be a fan?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zre23

Megadeth by far. Some of their guitar work is musically superior as well as the amazing vocals. While I am more into classical, and melodic death - i still enjoy a nice set of that good old 80s metal

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
This my just be my opinion but the way I see it mega death is like metallicas little bother that never enjoyed the same commercial success and as a result didn't sell out and make a steaming pile like st anger.

That being said I love early metallica. Kill 'em all is still one of my all time favourite albums, and they put on a damn good live show.

new topics

top topics

join