It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anime "Bleach" makes Discrete Astral Projection References

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Welcome everyone.

For the past few years I've enjoyed watching Anime shows.
I'm an artist, and first watched them just to study the way the Japanese style their cartoons.
After watching a few different shows, I started appreciating the story lines and how they can explore subjects that can't be discussed in real life television.

With that aside, I've recently been watching the popular anime television series "Bleach".

In summary: Bleach follows the adventures of Ichigo Kurosaki, a high school student with the ability to see ghosts, and Rukia Kuchiki, a shinigami (Soul Reaper or, literally, "death god"). The early parts of the story focus mainly on the characters.

In the show, spirits have what is called the "chain of fate."
This is the subject of this thread.

A plus is the spirit of a person who has died.[3] A chain, known as the Chain of Fate (因果の鎖, inga no kusari?), protrudes from the chest and binds the plus to a location, object or person that they felt close to in life.[4] The soul can move about freely if the chain is broken, but this also causes the chain to corrode.[4] Normally, pluses are sent to Soul Society by shinigami in a ritual called soul burial (魂葬, konsō?) before this corrosion becomes significant. If the Chain of Fate is corroded entirely before a soul burial can be performed, a hole will form in the chest of the soul where the chain was once anchored. Such souls are driven mad and become evil spirits known as hollows.[4] If the Chain of Fate is torn out deliberately, this also leads to spiritual degradation.

Source

The chain is better understood by watching the actual show. While there are many episodes that include the chain, I've included a video clip from an early episode (003) so that you guys can see it for yourself.

You don't need to watch the whole thing, the first minute or so sums up what it is.
Enjoy!:

So, I'm pretty sure that this chain is referencing the silver cord that appears to be attached to people when they astrally project.

When you experience Astral Projection, often people can see themselves still attached to their physical body by an energy connection which usually takes the appearance of a silver
cord 'plugging' into the body like an umbilical cord.

The appearance of this cord shows you that you are totally safe, and are able to return to your body at any time.
Source

So now that you know what I'm talking about, what do you think?
Do you think that "Bleach" is referencing Astral Projection and the Astral Plane?
After all, in the show, there exist several planes or dimensions that can only be accessed by the spirit self.
I thing it's a very interesting show, and I'm looking forward to watching much more.

Im interested in what you guys think.
And since I'm still practicing Astral Projection, I would love to hear some of your stories and techniques if you don't mind sharing!

May the force be with you...

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Actually, though I didn't watch the videos, judging by what you said, it seems to be more of a reference to a spirit having a link to worldly things. According to some spiritualists, a person can be so attached to things and people which are in their life, they have a hard time moving on.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Great point!
But, (and only because i've seen multiple episodes of the show) if the chain is separated, in this case from her physical body, she will die.
Many people believe that while Astral Projecting, a person without the cord will become lost, and even more so, that a different entity (demon etc.) can enter the body.
When you die, the cord breaks.

That brings up another point though... in the show, when the chain is broken, the person becomes a "Hollow." this means that their body is taken over by an evil spirit.
I never made that connection before, but that could also be what people are referring to when they speak of other entities entering the body while Astral Projecting.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by Odessy]

Jones: It has been said that there is a silver cord attached to the body, and that this cord could be severed when you astrally project, thereby making it impossible to come back to your body. Is there a danger of this happening?

Gross: ... The silver cord is connected to you when you enter the physical body for the first time, and it is not cut again until you leave for the last time...
Source

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
reply to When you die, the cord breaks.

That brings up another point though... in the show, when the chain is broken, the person becomes a "Hollow." this means that their body is taken over by an evil spirit.
I never made that connection before, but that could also be what people are referring to when they speak of other entities entering the body while Astral Projecting.

Hmmm, well, yeah, when the cord breaks from the body you die.. However, do they die even when they break away from "inanimate" objects? As to the whole "hollow" things, that is one of the reasons some people are so skeptical of astral projection. They claim it leaves you open to possession.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   

As of yet, I have not seen the chain attached to anything other than a body in the show. But, yes, whenever the chain breaks, it becomes corrupted, and eventually will leave a hole in the center of your body where the chain once existed, thats when you become a hollow.

Also, the main character can only fight these beings when he is in his spirit form. When he is in this form his physical body is separate from himself and inhabited by an ally being that is specifically there to inhabit the body for him while he is in spirit form. It's a little dumb, but the entity that takes over his body when he is in spirit form usually rests in a teddy bear when hes in physical form lol. You just have to put up with some stupid things in Animes, but I watch em for the overall story.

Also, the possession thing is what scares be about APing.
though, to put in the full quote from my last post, this Dr. believes that no harm can come to you while APing... I'm still not so sure...

Jones: It has been said that there is a silver cord attached to the body, and that this cord could be severed when you astrally project, thereby making it impossible to come back to your body. Is there a danger of this happening?

Gross: Absolutely not. The silver cord is connected to you when you enter the physical body for the first time, and it is not cut again until you leave for the last time. If this were possible, that you couldn't get back to the body, it would happen to you at night when you do leave the body. There is no danger in this; it is a gift given to us to learn how to use.

Jones: Are there any dangers people should be aware of?

Gross: When you do this consciously, there is no danger in it. One thing I'll say, you must develop your thinking skills, and know what you want and where you want to go. The only dangerous part of it, is if you practice it while you are taking in drugs or alcohol. Remember back in the sixties when people were taking the drug called '___', and they had some bad trips? They ended up in the lower astral. I'm trying to teach that you can have full control of what you are doing. I would suggest if you like to drink or take drugs that you not try it.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I personally don't think you run the risk of becoming "possessed" while APing either, but I don't know. If possession is real, it is something that occurs at the spiritual level. Basically, it seems to me that the cartoon is asserting that the possessing spirit has to get consent from the host before it can actually enter the body, hence the fighting.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   

negative, the Hollows can attack a spirit that has a lot of emotions.
But they can also be created by the spirit giving consent and corrupting his own chain.

The main character fights the "Hollows" to "exercise" them, and release their spirit so that it can rest in the spirit world.

But yeah, the whole possession thing still scares me. I think Astral Projection is spiritual. When you AP, your admitting that you have a soul inside your physical body. That means that there is something greater to this life than what we experience everyday... which is why i think you have to be spiritually inclined in order to AP. Your seeing things not normally seen by the average person... so the whole thing scares me, though i believe in it whole heartedly, ive had two experiences thus far with Astral Projection.

but i like this little convo we're having lol.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I've seen up to 60 of them. I'd agree it looks like astral projection, but i'm sure you know that alot of anime have spiritual references, no biggie

It's something that makes them interesting.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I'm more interested in the animal mutilation references at the start of Vampire Hunter D. Anyone else spot this? I just wonder where they got this idea from? Do you think they have cattle mutilations in Japan or is it just a coincidence?

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
anime has been referencing all kinds of mysticism and spiritualism forever. no shocker in this. no reason to watch the anime, other than if you like anime. no big is right. no offense, just speaking the truth.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmy1200

none taken.

but to all those who do astral project, etc., what do you think the chances are of your thread being severed and perhaps being taken over by another entity?

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Odyssey, as I stated, I personally don't think there is much chance of APing leading to possession. However, that doesn't mean that it can't happen. Obviously, if your spirit leaves the body, which I believe it does when you AP, then it's possible for some other entity to take possession, I suppose

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
thanks speaker.

I find that not many people on here reply to posts of Astral Projection.

Whenever I post a thread asking a question about it, I usually only get a few responses.

Are there any others out here on ATS that astral project?

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Oh my gosh! I didn't know Bleach had the same idea that I had!

That sucks. I draw alot and watch anime too. I came up with a little cartoon/comic about this boy who astral travels, and the first time he does it, he starts to freak out and stuff.

And he meets this girl on the astral plains and she helps people who astral travel get back safely to their bodies.

Kind of like this astral super heroin chick.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Odessy, it seems to me that, while ATSers tend to talkl a lot about organized religion, many here tend to steer away from metaphysical, mystical and occult topics. I suppose it's because most people don't think "conspiracy" when they think of such things,I know I certainly don't. Although, a religious fundamentalist or zealot would.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
We're talking about Bleach, here. This is the same show that has Vampires (Bounts), Demons (Hollows) and Heaven (Soul Society) along with witches and warlocks (Quincy).

No surprise that it makes a reference to Astral Projection (although I wouldn't call it subtle).

[edit on 28-12-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
true.

however, i find not all topics in the paranormal studies category have much to do with conspiracies.

This is the first place I ever heard of Astral Projection, and the only place i know to discuss the subject.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

tou'che!

pretty good show then eh? with all those references lol.

Thatswhy I began to like anime, it can discuss many topics that would just look dumb if performed by real actors

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Venusian12

lol dont worry, I also draw, and had a similar idea...

it was only when i was expanding on the idea that i realized bleach already did it, and probably better than i could have anyway, which is why i enjoy the show!

but don't worry, there are so many other ideas to expand on. this site is great for exploring many of those concepts

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Hello everyone this David. About entities taking over your body...
Negative Entities will take over your body if you give them some sort of "Permission" to enter your body. If you project with good and happy thoughts there is no way an entitie will take over you. But if you are frightful you will probably meet a negative entitie but he will not be able to possess you unless you give him permission to possess you. Best protection about these entities is happy thoughts. They feed off your fear so as long as your not scared while projecting good things should happen.
Also if you spend more time in the astral plane than here in the physical plane you will eventually lose your cord connection. If you desire to be in the astral plane more than the physical world your wish will come true and your cord will be dettached which results in death. I believe Astral Projection is safe if you know what you are doing and you think positively about the subject.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join