It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Reincarnation is real, was Buddha the reincarnated Jesus?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
when i read the thread title i automatically thought of books by the author maurice cotterell i think the book was called the
The Tutankhamun Prophecies and supergods.
really interesting books a bit taxing on the brian but they are in the same line as your theory.

but i can see were you are coming from

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
I am speaking of the "collective unconscious", if you will - or the "morphogenetic field" (Sheldrake), which I personally prefer to Jung's definition, not least because it dovetails with my personal experiences.

Basically, you can get any data you want (and often whether you want them or not ; )), because it's all out there.

That reminds me of the akashic records, sort of.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kerrichin

Super Gods was an exceptional book. I have it.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

i inow a friend told me to read it after i finished it i had to go out and get the rest all the books are great highly recommended

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
In order for the premise to be even remotely true, first you have to prove that Jesus was an actual historical figure, and there's absolutely zero evidence for that. The scriptures don't count.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

Agree

And this is one of the most stupidest thing I've ever heard.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
In order for the premise to be even remotely true, first you have to prove that Jesus was an actual historical figure, and there's absolutely zero evidence for that. The scriptures don't count.

That's a brilliant statement. Prove Jesus existed without using any of the proof available including the 27 separate books that chronicle his birth, life, death and resurrection. lol

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

It's a holy book that talks about him walking on water, and curing incurable diseases.

Unfortunately, it's not historical fact as far as anyone can prove any more than Jack climbing up a beanstalk.

Also, it's very convenient that all of those books were written decades if not centuries after his alleged birth, life and death. You'd think that if he was such an important figure in history he'd be written about in actual history books.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Here's a little explanation of what Buddhists generally think when people try to equate Buddha (Gautama) with God or Jesus.

www.buddhanet.net...

Overall, they believe it's a poor fit, and shows a lack of understanding of what enlightenment is all about and how it works in a non-Western philosophical framework.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

That's the fun thing about the bible. It's so absolutely vague that someone can interpret Buddhist-like qualities onto Jesus. They can interpret Krishna and almost any other deity's qualities onto Jesus.

That's why he was written about in the way he was. It was the goal of the Matthew, Mark, Luke and John and all those other guys to write about Jesus in a way that would allow their own target audience to identify with with him. Future Christians would then use that broad, vague brush to paint in other deities and pull followers from other religions.

Ingenious actually.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Your scripture doesn't count, sorry.

There are absolutely zero records for this man running around a hotspot in the Roman Empire at the time. The Romans were massive record keepers with a bureaucracy rivaling our own.

No crucifixion record of this guy. No eyewitness accounts written by third parties (not involved in the early movement). Nothing written about the guy until 70 or so years after his death. And absolutely NOTHING written BY Jesus. That would at least give him some credibility. The guy studied in the temple supposedly, so he was theoretically literate. Literate people with religious mania write reams of stuff -- why didn't he?

Could it be because he wasn't a real person?

My money says yes.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
That's the fun thing about the bible. It's so absolutely vague that someone can interpret Buddhist-like qualities onto Jesus. They can interpret Krishna and almost any other deity's qualities onto Jesus.

It's not so much vague as much as it very skillfully uses familiar archetypes that can be used when encountering a variety of cultures to get them to accept the new religion. Many different cultures have similar wise men or holy women (such as the Virgin Mary) in their myths. When the Romans or the Spanish invaded a place and beat the crap out of everybody, it helped them spread Christianity a little easier if they were able to say, "Oh, well, Jesus is something like your god so and so, except you got the wrong story and we're here to set you straight." And since so many Christian holidays are close to pagan celebratory holidays around equinoxes and stuff, they get co-opted and incorporated into the local festivities.

Christianity is the chameleon of religions. No wonder it's so popular. You get to read pretty much whatever you want into it, including your most favorite old myths.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Bush is a reincarnation too. Of what?

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by runetang

"If"
Oh what glorious hope, what wondrous supposition.
What "if" it all means nothing and we're here just for the survival of the species, just like all the OTHER animals that we share this planet with?
We humans, IMHO, have a knack for making the spectacular out of the mundane!

[edit on 27-12-2007 by AotearoaSon]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Beyond the time line issues Jesus didn't die...he rose from the dead three days after the crucifiction and ascended to heaven after appearing to many people. When he returns the next time it will be known to every living soul in no unmistakable way!

There all many peace loving teachers but only one God.

Or maybe there's no god at all, just a failed hope that we as human animals have.
Remember, we are just animals, and should accord animals the same respect that we as humans wish for.
In my opinion, religion is a corruption, a form of reinforcing the power of the elite by giving hope, saying that if you lead good lives and toe the line you will be rewarded.
Now, as far as reincarnation is concerned, we all are, in that our atoms
etc become dispersed and make up other organisms, soils, matter.
Spiritual essence? nope, can't buy it!

[edit on 27-12-2007 by AotearoaSon]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerrichin
when i read the thread title i automatically thought of books by the author maurice cotterell i think the book was called the
The Tutankhamun Prophecies and supergods.
really interesting books a bit taxing on the brian but they are in the same line as your theory.

Taxing on the brian? As in the life of brian? I hope so, because that is the best explanation of religion yet!

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction

That's a brilliant statement. Prove Jesus existed without using any of the proof available including the 27 separate books that chronicle his birth, life, death and resurrection. lol

Ok, so you're saying those books are historically correct and not written 'after the fact' so to speak? Prophecy doesn't count and I would ask you to provide the names of the 27 examples so I can check if you're correct

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Reincarnation is the cycle of ENSLAVEMENT!!! always sleeping and never to awaken. We LIVE in the realm of evil. Matter is evil, remember where we came from!!! the SPIRITUAL REALM!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
1. The Buddha was born in 624 BC, BEFRORE Jesus Christ, how could he be Jesus's reincarnation.
2. The Buddha has reached a state of enlightenment, and upon his death he reached a state of nirvana which means his soul disappears and STOPS moving on to a next life. The Buddha form is his final incarnation, so how could any of the prophets AFTER that be a reincarnation of the Buddha.
3. According to Buddhist teaching, every soul moves on from one life to another until the soul reaches nirvana though practice of meditation to achieve enlightenment. It's just a 'belief' of a religion which one can choose to believe or not to believe.
4. Also, according to Buddhist teaching, a person CAN regain memories of past lives through meditation. The Buddha himself was considered to have hundreds of thousands of past lives and when he reached enlightenment, was claimed to be able to regain memories of 'every' past life, this also is just a belief.
5. Why does one religion have to have anything to do with another religion just because they have similar teachings. Why can't people just stick to believing in their own religions instead of making outlandish theories.

[edit on 28/12/2007 by mandrake]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by runetang

Buddha came before Christ. Also each of us has been given the respect to leave our fragrance just as the 2 Masters mentioned in the OP. You and I have the exact same privilege to live up to our birthrite as they did. They have given the ultimate in authenticity to the earth, now it your turn and mine. Not everyone 'wants' to be a leader and Master teacher, they chose to do so and so came in with so much consciousness and alertness. Be authentic.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join