It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pentagon's Electronic Warfare Program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   

The Pentagon's Electronic Warfare Program

www.blacklistednews.com

n 2003, then Secretary of Defence Donald Rumsfeld signed a document called the Information Operation Roadmap which outlined, among other things, the Pentagon's desire to dominate the entire electromagnetic spectrum. ........t is interesting to see the mention of stealthy platforms like unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) because they are now patrolling both the Canadian and Mexican borders of the United States and will soon be patrolling the arctic. With funding supplied by Homeland Security, US police departments are also using UAVs to spy on the citizens below. A couple of examples are Sacramento, California and...

"one North Carolina county is using a UAV equipped with low-light and infrared cameras to keep watch on its citizens. The aircraft has been dispatched to monitor gatherings of motorcycle riders at the Gaston County fairgrounds from just a few hundred feet in the air--close enough to identify faces--and many more uses, such as the aerial detection of marijuana fields, are planned."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.knowledgedrivenrevolution.com

[edit on 12/26/2007 by palehorse23]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
There are a lot of parts to this story that I cannot include in this OP. This is one of my favorites though. Now we seem to be using UAV's to keep an eye on citizens. Are they really going this far to watch motorcycle riders? There has to be more behind it than that. Why spend a that money just to look for some pot fields? Isn't there other means that do not cost as much and are just as effective? And besides, if you are going to spend a lot of dough on drug criminals, go after the big guns. Show me a HUGE bust that means something. I am wondering if anyone has seen a UAV flying around there neighborhood yet. I am also including a link to the pdf document of the Information Operations Roadmap. Quite a large document as all government documents usually are.

Information Operations Roadmap

[edit on 12/26/2007 by palehorse23]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
im sure it's a lot cheaper then ushin hilo's with the same equipment. then you got fuel and man hours, higher maintance and so on. in south carolina they use choppers at night to hunt pot fields.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

The heat sensor heli's I have heard of before. I would love to see a UAV flying in my neighborhood. I think it would end up being a shooting contest to see who would knock it out of the air first!

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

Unless you have a handy SAM system you would be hard pressed to do it.

See my thread on the Nellis 2007 airshow in the aviation forum. they had a predator MQ-1 drone in orbit at 18000 feet beaming back images. You could not see it and could not hear it at that level. You could make out rough facial features on the jumbotron. If thats what theya re willing to show us, can you image what it can really do

They dropped it down to make a pass and even at 500 feet buzzing by it was really quiet.

You would never know its there

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Holy *ShooT!!* Do you think that might be related to the belief that the true existence of Aliens and UFO's will be projected to the masses via holographic images in the sky? Some religious people believe that is how the "truth" will be shown to us in the coming End Times. the main part of that belief though is that they feel that this coming forth of information is the work of the Antichrist. That is a whole other topic that can spawn lots of debates, but maybe some of these aviation tools might be involved.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12/26/07 by FredT]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

Not sure about Holo images. At least the predator seems to small to generate the amount of energy needed for a wide area holo.

To see some of the pics including feeds from the a/c

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Well here is the real deal:

Information Operations Roadmap (.pdf)

Some fascinating stuff! ...and some interesting implications for ATS too.

Edit:

Sorry. Missed palehorse's last link.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by loam]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Pretty cool. I read it after it came out in Oct 2003. Of course my copy didn't have funny black marks all thru it.

This is old news.

top topics

join