It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

But of that day and hour knoweth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Who is up to the challenge to answer this thread? Let whoever is wise among you step forth.

"And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."--KJV

It was said no man knows that day or hour, but that's not so if there is supposed to be a trumpet sounding just before. Which is a clue to just before, correct? And on the exact day and hour you'll just know as it occurs, correct?

"But" of "that" day and hour means "And" of "this" day and hour knoweth every man, yes, even the angels which are out the superphysical.

^^Before any angel (ghost is the same thing) leaves their physical body they'd be out the superphysical by being physical, correct?

It's a question and answer of that and this, there and here, those and these. So you may just want to re-read the gospel with this new insight, particularly about the trumpet sound. Like is it on that day or this day, or even, there or here.

Revised version:

"And he I command send his angels without a great sound of a trumpet, and they I command gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of the superphysical to the other."

^^Ahh, this version makes sense, doesnt it now?

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I appreciate your zeal, but in my opinion you are honestly butchering the text so much that people will be forever lost on the original translations. It seems you arbitrarily pick what words should be changed, based on what I am not sure.

There are plenty of modern translations that make perfect sense without the need for another.

Your translation doesn't even follow normal rules of grammar. Sorry, I just find it difficult to understand your version.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by ben91069]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

Why didn't God just say exactly what he meant? The arguments over translation stem from one fundamental flaw. The bible does not define it's own terms. This is a basic tenet of philosophy. The superfluous conjunctions are only there for poetic structure. You'd think it'd be more important to be clear than to get the right meter in a language no one will end up using anymore.

C

join