It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regular flu vaccine may help against H5N1: study

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Regular flu vaccine may help against H5N1: study

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Ordinary seasonal flu vaccines may provide a small amount of protection against bird flu, Italian researchers reported on Wednesday....Cristiana Gioia, Maria Capobianchi and colleagues at the National Institute for Infectious Diseases Lazzaro Spallanzani in Rome tested the blood of 42 volunteers who had been vaccinated against seasonal influenza...Health experts around the world are trying to boost rates of annual flu vaccination for two reasons -- because flu itself kills between 250,000 and 500,000 people a year, and also to help the world prepare for a pandemic
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Major U.S. airports offering flu shots

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Alright. I have stated my opininion on the flu vaccine (and other vaccines as well). I just don't get how people still believe that getting a flu shot every year helps. Do people not realize that getting these vaccinations each year keeps adding different strains of the flu to your immune system. I just don't buy it. It is a known fact that the virus keeps changing season to season. It is one that we will never be able to catch up on. I personally believe that we will never catch up on purpose but that is a whole other topic. And this study...42 volunteers. WOW!!!! Don't you think you want a little more proof than that. I'm sorry, but testing only 42 people when the flu virus kills up to 500,000 people (globally) a year. What kind of average is that? I love how they say it is to prepare the world for a pandemic. That's is such a laugher if I ever heard one. No way does getting these vaccines prep you for something "they" will not be able to stop once it hits. And to be quite honest, I don't think "they" want to stop it anyway. What an easy way to get the population to a manageable level. Anyway, I hope you all pass on the word that most vaccines are not going to do what they claim let alone prepare for such an event as a global pandemic!
Just another part I found extremely funny in this article

These experts agree a pandemic is overdue, and fear H5N1 could cause the next one as it is constantly popping up among birds and a few people in Asia and Africa and among birds in Europe.
If more people get vaccinated against seasonal flu, companies will make more of the vaccine and can quickly turn production to match whatever strain of pandemic flu, including some version of H5N1, that may eventually occur.

This doesn't make since. As more and more people get vaccinated, the LESS and LESS it will work. It is just like antibiotics. We abuse them so heavily that now they are no longer working as they once did. Even over the counter meds do not help as they used to.

Increasingly I see patients who have just finished a complete course of the “best” antibiotic. They come to me because they are still sick or worse. This is because of how popular it has been to instantly prescribe antibiotics for Everything. Easy for the doctor, easy for the patient, great for the drug companies. Drug resistant bacteria are on the rise. Infections like tonsillitis, sinusitis, ear infections – no longer clear with a shot of penicillin.
Everyday we learn that our drugs with few side effects that worked yesterday no longer work for infection. This affects you personally! It is your friend who pops a few pills with every sniffle that is causing the growth of drug resistant bacteria that can land your child in intensive care.

Just make sure you know what you are getting yourself into everybody.
Link for second article Why bugs get resistant

[edit on 12/26/2007 by palehorse23]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   
im sorry didnt they just recall that vaccine for people goin blind and dying.

now flu vaccines help wtf!

join