It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First arrest in nation for buying cold medicine

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MorningStar8741
reply to post by titorite

I asked what meth goes for. I said bronkaid seemed like a bad investment. What statement exactly has gotten you so wound up again because seem is a non-definitive.

The first two sentences of this three sentence quote. That is what got my goat going. Originally when I first began to respond you did not ask what meth went for. (hell, that is not even something all that good to know in the first place) You only began with that after I started responding. You DID state, to paraphrase yourself, That it seemed like a bad investment. Truth be told, if your willing to risk the time and you can get away with the crime then it is a great investment......at the cost of your community... But again this thread aint about ethics nor you nor me.... its about this sap that got arrested for doing something dumb...... Meth mules aint that bright to begin with however he could of been a survivalist ....I don't know... I am not a member on his jury...just me, an ATS poster.....

Trying to learn how to upgrade from windows to linux or umbutu..

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by robertnesta
so this if off topic but awhile back i got pulled over and the cops searched my car with a drug dog

he had seen the Robotussin cough med i had bought in my backseat and thought i was using to to get high.

Well that's really the problem with making this stuff illegal or the war on drugs in general - it gives them the excuses needed to violate our rights and do what should be illegal searches - seemingly made legal by seeing cough medicine in your car.

Of course the cops will say that indeed it led to finding drug paraphernalia in your car which is what they suspected in the first place and they will point out how the law worked as intended and got drugs off the streets or a druggie at least. In their narrow minds they've somehow saved you by shaking you up and they feel happy about their job.

BTW - anyone who's ever used has told the "but, it's my friends, mom (dad, cop etc.)" story. At the very least you smoked with him or allowed it in your car which is why it was left there - he was stoned when he got out and probably forgot it. If you don't want to get caught with that kind of stuff but refuse to not use it or be around it - you need to search your own car every time such an episode occurs. Quit the idea that cops are stupid - they are just as varied in intelligence and experience as the rest of us. If you want to outsmart them - then organize yourself better so that it doesn't happen again.

This seems to be the way we're headed, where we are all terrorist for carrying cold pills anywhere, bottled water and fingernail clippers on the airplane or questioning authority. Nothing new here that we can't have certain drugs, because some people use them the wrong way.

The war on drugs is just a war on liberty. Fight it or lose it.

Originally posted by space cadet
Just wanted to add this:

In 1988 I reported my ex husband to the police, he had been making his own meth for about a year and it was making him crazy, I suspected he had hurt someone (he came in with blood on his clothes and in the back of his truck) so I called the police after he left again.

a man could produce something made with acid and road flares and cold medicine

Wow! That's a pretty spooky story. Is your ex still alive or around and what kind of condition is he in? Did you ever find out where the blood came from or did you ask him? I'm sorry you had to be married to such a crazy ass.

I don't know anything about making meth, but road flares and acid doesn't sound like a healthy brew for a human being to consume. That's utterly insane. Might as well get a shotgun and get it over with quicker.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite

The first two sentences of this three sentence quote. That is what got my goat going. Originally when I first began to respond you did not ask what meth went for. (hell, that is not even something all that good to know in the first place) You only began with that after I started responding. You DID state, to paraphrase yourself, That it seemed like a bad investment. Truth be told, if your willing to risk the time and you can get away with the crime then it is a great investment......at the cost of your community... But again this thread aint about ethics nor you nor me.... its about this sap that got arrested for doing something dumb...... Meth mules aint that bright to begin with however he could of been a survivalist ....I don't know... I am not a member on his jury...just me, an ATS poster.....

Trying to learn how to upgrade from windows to linux or umbutu..

Seriously, you are going to continue to rant about me and you still cannot read. My very first post says this.

See I do not understand how this man is making a profit. I do not know what Bronkaid costs there but it is about 2 bucks a pill here. that is almost a grand in just bronkaid pills from one pharmacy for how much meth? There are other supplies and costs involved as well. What is meth selling for these days? I know how much bronkaid costs and how much ephidrine sulfate is in it and here it would take a huge investment to get very little back.

See that sentence in BOLD???????

That is the entire first post. I said I DO NOT KNOW WHAT BRONKAID GOES FOR THERE. as well as stating WHAT IS METH SELLING FOR THESE DAYS. So again, you fail. You are wrong. And now that we established that, do you really think I am here looking for a price??????

Reread it again and again. Please, call me stupid again and tell me how I cannot read, again. Pretty please tell me that I made another typo that turns out to be you just not understanding English. Oh that is right, you only like to throw those insults privately so noone knows what a huge jerk you are being about something so trivial.

Since this has taken up so much of your time, I will try and make it nice and simple for you.

here is what you said again.

Originally when I first began to respond you did not ask what meth went for. (hell, that is not even something all that good to know in the first place) You only began with that after I started responding.

and here is the sentence in my FIRST post.

What is meth selling for these days?

All you had to do was go back and check it before going off for a page and a half arguing with me.

p.s. You have still missed the point. I said that BRONKAID seemed like a bad investment with all the much cheaper sources of ephidrine around. You seem to be stuck on whether or not meth is worth the risk or profitable. I never said that either. Ephidrine is cheap and plentiful. Bronkaid is about the most expensive source of it. Bad investment. Please, go relax, take a breath, have someone show you how to count to ten and then come back when you can read, and try to appropriately respond. You are being very disrespectful to the OP in just arguing for no reason all over their thread now. If you had a real point that would be one thing but so far, this is just personal and I am flattered but not interested.

[edit on 10/13/08 by MorningStar8741]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
The new laws are absolutely stupid. I do not like being made to feel like a criminal when buying something for a cold. Before winter comes I like to stock up on medicines so you dont have to run and get something when snow is all over the ground or you feel like crap. I am not a meth user but I do know a lot of people that do use or used to use. I would not say that every meth user would commit robbery or steal from others. I personally only know of one person that would do that and she isnt addicted to meth, she is addicted to pain pills. I personally like Sudafed 24 hour when I am sick. It is the best there is in my opinion. However I havent been taking anything when I get sick because I feel the pharmacists are thinking that I want it for meth. I agree with the alcohol thing. So many people die from drinking and driving. If the government didnt make so much money from it, they would ban it to. What about smoking cigarettes? How come they arent illegal. They kill people everday and others from 2nd hand smoke. What about parents who smoke in the house with there kids around?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Back in the 70's, 80's, and 90's ephedrine used to be legal. I got addicted to it buying bogus black beauties thinking I was getting amphetamine. You used to be able to order them in Playboy and Hustler. Convenience stores used to sell a bottle of sixty for several dollars. They were great for bodybuilders who took them with aspirin for some reason. They have totally ruined my Prostrate and even today I am paying the price. Too bad people are still buying the stuff.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I hate meth heads and anything to get them off the street is ok by me.

The biggest problem where I live is meth heads stealing for there habit.
copper and aluminum are there favorite but the will steal anything for there next fix.

I have had two knockdown drag out fights with meth heads in the last 10 years when i caught them stealing from me.

i am getting to old to fight these headcases the only reason i can win is that meth heads are so burned-out by meth and i am a ex navy shore-patrolman.

At lest when the cops get there the aggravated assault charge on top of the drug and theft charges put them away for a few years.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by ANNED]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
i don't know how you think this is the first arrest for buying meth ingredients, but that is wrong. i know of a hundred people who have been arrested for this crime, but here it's usually stolen and then sold or traded to the actual producers of the drug. the same goes with other materials for making it as well, i remember in high school science and chemistry classes a lot of kids were ganking pyrex beakers and things of that nature from the lab to trade to meth or crack dealers.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Bornkaid is not cold medicine, it is asthma medicine. No matter how bad your cold or asthma is, ODing on ephedrine sulfate is NOT going to help. If you need to buy that many boxes to the point where government regulations are really getting in your way, then you need someone to intervene. Stocking up is also not a good idea as the shelf life of many over the counter drugs is actually pretty short. I am not for more government regulation but since there is no good reason or logical reason to buy this much asthma medicine, I cannot really get upset that they watch. They stopped another meth dealer and I have no been prevented from buying my asthma medicine so what is the harm? I mean aside from the slippery slope arguments about lighters and beer.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Anyone who takes a stimulant to get high is an idiot anyways.

Seriously, they're boring.

For some reason when I came into this thread though I thought it was about DXM and cough syrup, not cold medicine for meth.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
First of all ephedrine is ok, second of all ephedrine made into meth is not so much ok. It is a catch 22 . One must cut the benifficial ephedrine to get rid of the evil zombie causing drug. We can still buy ephedrine, just remember not to even try meth. Don't even try it. And you will be saved.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I certainly dont want meth labs popping up near me and certainly dont want a bunch of meth heads living near me.

Well the thing is people, especially law enforcement automatically assume the worst.

Was he going to make meth? Quite probable... but maybe not...

I have a chemistry lab in my garage. I use it for mineral analysis. One day cops were all over the neighborhood looking for a perp with a gun. They had the area blocked off, helicopter with lights and the dogs out in force. The side door to my garage, accessible only behind the gate at the side of the house was unlocked.

My wife heard a noise in the garage and went to look (not smart I know) A cop said "Police get back inside" and had a flashlight in her face...

Well next day I had detectives at my door wanting to check out the meth lab in my garage.

It got all sorted out, got a written apology from the department, but it shows what can happen. You know that just owning chemistry equipment is now illegal in some state?

You can't have sulfur in many states either and just try to find a true chemistry set in the science shops these days. The reason? well you are obviously using it to make meth or illegal fireworks

Welcome to New America...

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
So what let the dummy make meth and blow himself and his family up in the process, a few less retards in the world would be great.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I guess they will want to limit the number of 2 liter drinks and coffee filters you can buy next.

I had a cop tell me that meth heads have came up with a new formula for meth and a new way to make. They can make it on the move in less than 30 minutes. They mix up a batch in a 2 liter soda bottle and filter it though coffee filters. There is a bit more but that is 95% of the process he said. Those "mobile meth labs" are hard to track and catch. The cars used for the labs are bought under fake names or are stolen. If the police get too close the just "set the auto-destruct" (his words) and run. The car burns up leaving little if anything to tie it back to the makers.

So they will always find a way to make something to get high on. So no mater what laws they come up with it will only help for a short time until the meth heads find a new way around it. So what is the answer?
I wished I knew.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

Ephdra and ephedrine are not the same thing.

Second line.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

sorry double post
Ephdra and ephedrine are not the same thing.

Second line.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by space cadet]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
This is certianly not the first arrest for this violation. We had stings here more than once, netting several arrests, as have many other locations
example:
abclocal.go.com...

jimmohr.blogspot.com...

interceder.net...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Roland Deschain

Although it is illegal to have a large amount on hand, I think that the police would be able to discern whether or not you manufacture meth or not. Or if you are a 'smurf'. That is the name for those who obtian the ephedrine, a smurfer.

Anyone on here who is saying that the law is screwed up, apparently never dealt with friend or family member lost to this horrendous drug. Enough could not be done to do away with it.

edit to add:www.newsherald.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
Anyone on here who is saying that the law is screwed up, apparently never dealt with friend or family member lost to this horrendous drug. Enough could not be done to do away with it.

That would be rather similar to my wishing to limit my freedoms to purchase firearms and ammo because I had a relative commit suicide with one. It's complete and utter selfish bunk to argue along those lines. I'm mature enough to know that a person decided to make their own bed and lie in it.

I've dealt with family members on many different fronts and know I'd be better off without be coddled in this manner by the government, especially with having to sign a register because of a Patriot Act rider.

The law is screwed up, plain and simple.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
you yanks get stuff over the counters that we are required to get from a pharmacy in the E.U.

not only ephedrine but hormones and hormone supplements and "pain"killers ,

buy 1 get 2 for free...

if id like to get my hands on ephedrine id have to convince a doctor to write me a recipe for it and if im lucky i get something else then pseudo ephedrine.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Killers are not suppposed to own guns, but obviously they do, even though purchase of guns is regulated.

Meth is not an industry that is or will become 'regulated' per say by the government. It is illegal and will remain illegal. It kills just like a gun does, but a gun is faster and doesn't leave so much damage in it's path.

It isn't the same, we have to right to purchase and educate ourselves about guns.

Meth is not a gun. If a person on meth kills someone because they are geeking or tweeking, it could have been avoided by the limit of access to manufacture meth. If a person dies because years of meth use has broken their body down, it is not just their fault, regulation and law should have protected them.

Do you honestly think that the manufacture of meth should be a choice?
I am all for legalization of marijuana, but it is a natural herb, it IS something we should be allowed to choose to do or not do, but meth is a whole nother story.

To stop it's manufacture is not to take away your freedom. It is to protect the user and society.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join