It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First arrest in nation for buying cold medicine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
yes you can buy codeine otc in the u.s.,it is classified as a schedual 5 drug under the u.s. controlled substance act if it has less then 200 mg per 100 ml.,check it on the internet if you ddo not beleive.it ussually is called mytussin or chertussin ac.all states have it but ussually only mom and pop pharmacies for about 5 dollars and you do have to sign a narcotic form with your id info.*note(codeine in greater amounts,like tylenol 3 is a schedual 3 drug and requires a prescription.........it has 30mg codeine per pill where as this cough medicine has 10mg per tsp.w/guaffisen)and for the guy whos doctor wont give you anything but nsaids.....find another docotor he's a quack alot of doctors will give you vicodin or somthing.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
actually its 200mg per 200ml...sorry.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I am sorry to hear that you have such severe pain. It sounds like you need to find a new Docter that realizes that if you have chronic pain you can take pain medicine daily and you do not be have to become addicted to it !!!!! There are pain Clinics out there and the main thing the Dr,s do is to find a medicine and treatment that controls your pain so you can have a better quality of life. I would ask your docter to refer you to one of them in your area and if he does not look in the phone book and find one in your local area. Pain Clinics abid by state regulations and they a very serious about helping you. I hope this information helps you and Good Luck. You should never have a beg a qualifdy Dr. to help you enjoy a vacation. You should have a DR. that helps you enjoy everyday of your life. Good Luck

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

In actuality,
There are only a few states (listed below) left in the U.S. where you can purchase low-dose codeine preps without an RX. Even then, in those states it is completely up to the discretion of the pharmacist.
Due to the paper work/record keeping involved, most chain pharms in the allowable states flat out refuse to dispense.

Sad, but true.

Edited to add: Here is a not so recent (about 5 years old) list where the OTC sale of Codeine was allowed:
Arizona
Connecticut
Florida (may have recently been outlawed)
Georgia
Mississippi
North Carolina
Ohio
Texas (may have recently been outlawed)

Edited again, to add: Make sure to double-check with your state board of pharmacy website, or with your your mom-pop pharmacy to confirm.

[edit on 10/12/2008 by justme2]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
How is this the first arrest ?

i personally know two twin brother's in the pen right now...

who 5 year's ago went to every walmart store and rite aid store in 5 counties.
buying these cold pill's and blood pressure meds that have it in it from over the counter.
and some medicine for cow's from feed store's
well that was 5 year's ago they got busted making meth lol

so my question is the .er is wrong i know this isnt the first arrest lol

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

Unless this guy had a PRETTY BAD cold, I am pretty sure he was purchasing it to make meth. I agree that there is a serious problem with meth in the US. I am not a fan of having cold medicine regulated the way that it is.

All in all I think it is good if it is actually curtailing the manufacturing of meth, I guess I would just like to see some numbers to support that it is working. If not, they should put the stronger regulations on the other parts that are used in the manufacturing of the drug, not the cold medicine that is used by thousands if not millions of average consumers every year.

www.usdoj.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

My bad, I just saw the date is from March so it isn't really breaking. It was in the "new" section of a website that I browse... still interesting news though.

[edit on 26-12-2007 by Karlhungis]

Dude, any smart "meth maker" is going to ask some loser kids to go in and buy it in smaller quantities, this just happens to be a moron who has no sense, they are catching stupid people, the people out there making the money off of it, are not stupid.

Correction .. .not THAT stupid, although they are still stupid, it's like feeding your own child (your own bloodline) lead and fluoride ... [sarcasm]you know to strengthen the future of your family[/sarcasm]... and in this case.. the idiots making and using this crap are screwing up our species.

[edit on 10/12/2008 by PuRe EnErGy]

[edit on 10/12/2008 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
so this if off topic but awhile back i got pulled over and the cops searched my car with a drug dog and they found my friends bowl which he hide im my car, well i had no idea why the cop asked me to step out of the car or why he had a suspicion enough to search in the first place

turns out when i went to court i found out why

he had seen the Robotussin cough med i had bought in my backseat and thought i was using to to get high. i learned this from the judge.

so because he saw a 20 year old kid, with cough meds in the car, he brought in the drug team. i was so fuking pissed.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by harddrive21

See I do not understand how this man is making a profit. I do not know what Bronkaid costs there but it is about 2 bucks a pill here. that is almost a grand in just bronkaid pills from one pharmacy for how much meth? There are other supplies and costs involved as well. What is meth selling for these days? I know how much bronkaid costs and how much ephidrine sulfate is in it and here it would take a huge investment to get very little back.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

Your Bronkaid is either made out of gold or you do not do the majority of the household purchases in your home and you have no idea what it would cost and you are a poor guesser.

Ephedrine, thats what they buy it for. You can get it from minithins, bronkaid,suddafed, lots of places. Some extract it other just make bathtub crank.

If the investment was high and the returns were low with high risks of incarceration do you think a meth problem would exist? Think about it!

Think deep.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite

Your Bronkaid is either made out of gold or you do not do the majority of the household purchases in your home and you have no idea what it would cost and you are a poor guesser.

Ephedrine, thats what they buy it for. You can get it from minithins, bronkaid,suddafed, lots of places. Some extract it other just make bathtub crank.

If the investment was high and the returns were low with high risks of incarceration do you think a meth problem would exist? Think about it!

Think deep.

I am well aware that they use it for the ephidrine. THAT IS WHY I SAID THAT. I am also aware it is widely available in much cheaper products. THAT IS WHY I ONLY MENTIONED BRONKAID [I]SEEMING TO BE COST PROHIBITIVE. Before you respond just to argue with me because you do not like me, try reading my post.

Read every word and pay attention to context.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

We just had a sweep in north Ga, they called it 'operation Smurf'. Apparently 'smurfing' means going around to different stores buying up cold meds for meth production, and not only did it bring in over 30 arrests, they found 2 major meth labs in the process of production while serving the warrants!

After watching 4 family members go down the meth road and crash, I wish they would do ANYTHING to stop it! It is the most destructive drug known IMO. I have never known of a drug that leaves a complete shell of a person when it is through with them, and still keeps them wanting more!

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Just wanted to add this:

In 1988 I reported my ex husband to the police, he had been making his own meth for about a year and it was making him crazy, I suspected he had hurt someone (he came in with blood on his clothes and in the back of his truck) so I called the police after he left again. They sent out a car with 2 officers, I explained to them that he is out of his . on this home-made crapola, and they laughed at me and said that if he was making what I said he was that he would be dead already! They didn't believe me! They honestly didn't think that a man could produce something made with acid and road flares and cold medicine and live to tell of it. Guess they have lived and learned!

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Sometimes I am still amazed at what the cops do not know people will use to get high. I hate to seem like someone with an agenda but I really think that our drug laws need a sever overhaul. Too many stories like the one of your hubby to ones that I could tell of the depths to which humanity will sink in order to get high are being glossed over. And here is another commercial for SoCo and lime.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Ok at the request of MorningStar8741 I am leaving our U2U conversation to address him here. He thinks making meth from Bronkaid is expensive and as he stated he thinks the cost of production outweighs the profit.

He quoted me this price minutes ago

"$9.43 for 6 pills. "

Now me lacking my CVS and Walgreen flyers, I had to use google to find a price because around two bucks a pill seems a little high for me.

After googling I found I could get around 60 pills for under 12 bucks so I am sure I can get similar deals at wal-mart or the pharmacy of my choice. Should they bother me I can always hire a strung out loser to do my bidding for me were I a meth cook. These control laws stop the stupid not the enterprising. As for MorningStars assertion that Meth is expensive to make , I hope this shows him it is not and that is why it has become an international problem.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Oh that is too funny. I never said meth is too expensive to make. Please show me where I ever said that. I am glad that BRONKAID specifically is much cheaper where you live but I can get my hands on all kinds of cheap ephidrine. It is just bronkaid that is expensive and that is why - NOW PAY ATTENTION - I asked if it was cost prohibitive. I never stated anything. I said I have no idea what meth goes for, in fact I asked. I said it seemed like Bronkaid specifically would be an expensive route to go, considering you can get 100 minithins for 6 bucks at the gas station. I am sorry that you really felt so strongly toward arguing me everywhere and anywhere but I never said what you seem to think that I did. Please try reading something once in a while and perhaps you will learn the truth about things like that armyimes article and John Titor.

P.S. Thanks for putting it all here. I just thought that if you were going to call me stupid over and over again, it should be here for everyone to see just how stupid I am......unless you read what I actually posted. If Bronkaid is my price, your price, whatever, it is still abnormally expensive considering alternative sources of ephidrine. You can win that price debate all you like but unless you can quote me saying any of the other babblings up there...thank you for bringing it here where everyone else can see you are just looking to fight with me because you have a bone to pick. Sorry, but the topic is not you nor me.

[edit on 10/13/08 by MorningStar8741]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MorningStar8741
reply to post by harddrive21

See I do not understand how this man is making a profit. I know how much bronkaid costs and how much ephidrine sulfate is in it and here it would take a huge investment to get very little back.

THAT IS WHY I ONLY MENTIONED BRONKAID [I]SEEMING TO BE COST PROHIBITIVE.

Big caps means you kinda felt passionately about something online. But you state above that it seems cost prohibitive. That is a statement not a question. In the context you use the statement you are saying that Bronkaid is overtly expensive when a quick google search proves otherwise

BTW what is "armyimes"?

(you'll note the question mark indicates that a question has been asked.)

And I have not called you stupid over and over again. That is called inference. Look it up. No I am merely pointing things out as I realize that you must be a young one.

My "bone to pick" is not quite as big as you might think....You have kinda gone way overboard IMHO. But you are right about the topic. It is not about me nor you. It is about a man being arrested for buying cold medicine. Truth be told he could of been buying it for reasons of survivalism and not to make meth although the logical explanation is meth mule. Still, we are not his jury. We are only commenting on his plight.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Sigh. Really. Do you know what 'seeming' means? I never said it WAS impossible for this man to make a profit. I said it seemed like a bad source for ephidrine unless the price of meth is much higher than I thought. See, still NOT a definitive statement. I also asked-"How much does meth go for?" See, question. So the entire post was all wrapped up by this one question here because I said what it seemed like. So you can get Bronkaid cheap...your point is? I never said you could not. I said it was expensive here and seemed like a bad investment. Just what is it you are trying to prove here aside from the fact that you cannot answer me on that Titor thread?

p.s. armyimes is a typo. If you could not figure out from that that I meant armytimes, then there are bigger issues at hand.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MorningStar8741

See, still NOT a definitive statement. I also asked-"How much does meth go for?" See, question.

NO, you did not not originally. YOu made a statement. You did not ask a question.

And I know the armyimes thing was a typo. I just thought I would give you a hard time about it since you took the time to edit your post but did not bother to correct that typo.... or the other one I did not bring up.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   

OK, if you do not know what seeming, seems, seemed mean then I cannot help you. If you really want to hang your hat on the price of bronkaid and few typos, then bravo my friend.

I do not understand what the problem is. I asked what meth goes for. I said bronkaid seemed like a bad investment. What statement exactly has gotten you so wound up again because seem is a non-definitive.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
OK, you really want to fight about price? 60 bronkaid for 12 bucks at 25mg a piece. you get 1500mg for 12 bucks.

OK, much lower than I would pay at the grocery store, you sure got me there.

100 pills from the gas station at 30mg a pice for 6 bucks. 3000mg for 6 bucks

so 1500mg for 12 bucks vs 6000mg for 12 bucks.....

Is Bronkaid the best investment for making meth? no. Is that all I was saying? Yes. Havig fun yet?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join