It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did aliens save planet in 1908?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Pericle

That wasn't a theory. It was a science fiction novel called "Intervention" by Julian May. In the story, the out-of-control ship self-destructs so it doesn't hit Moscow.

Also, if they wanted to prevent worldwide disaster, they'd be better off crashing. Airbursts are usually much more destructive than impacts.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I'm afraid the idea of time travelers from Earth preventing the incident is either paradoxical or illogical.

If the event had been cataclysmic, there would have been nobody to come back and prevent it.

If we'd gotten through it and been in good enough shape to eventually develop time travel, why mess with history?

If I was living in a world where a great big meteor had smacked Russia, probably altered global climate for a significant period of time, probably killed a very large percentage of the population, etc, why would I want to go back to the last days of the great European empires and change an event that might have had profound effects on the course of human civilization?

For all the time traveller knows, the effects of the meteor may have toppled a nation that otherwise would have conquered his own nation- the time travellers ancestors might even die in that war. It would be a risky proposition.

Personalize it- what if you had a time machine right now. Would you go back and stop the Great Depression without first making sure that the Great Depression wasn't what caused your grandmother to move West where he met your Grandmother?

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Ashley_T

Wow, I've long heard of the Tunguska incident. X-Files and all. But never looked into it. The article that you posted is pretty incredible. Wow. I guess I have to look more into this. Sounds incredible.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I can't get over the mass of the object at 1 billion tons.WOW!

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashley_T

I dunno; it sounds more like someone's been watching a bit too much of Doctor Who.

It all seems just a bit too improbable to me.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Hello my first post after lurking for way too long

Anyway, in regards to this topic, i cant help but feel that any intelligent species trying to protect our planet would have diverted any lethal object before it had even penetrated our atmosphere..

Just my two English pennies

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
All bunk. Plain and simple. The ordinary, boring explanation is typical debris entered our atmosphere (and yes, I say typical, it happens all the time, you have to remember that Humans have not been here long enough to relate to the time scales of events like this). It exploded in the air when it reached denser parts of the atmosphere, leaving a predictable pattern on the ground (you can look this up, scientist have done aerial simulation blasts that reveal the same type of pattern.

Sorry, I know how everyone likes to relate every single event in the world to aliens and ufos, but its that simple act of reasoning that makes us all look like fools, get it?

I have to agree 100% here. The event has been examined over and over by scientists, simulations run, and reports drawn up. The conclusion is always the same... a natural event.

The pattern left on the ground, the aftermath, and the quantifiable effects and residual materials (such as the green glass labeled 'Moldovite' etc) concur to an aerial explosion by a meteorite. And as you say, it is not a rare event at all... you only need to look in the night sky at the moon to see how common impacts and events like this are.

The only surprising thing is, that we have not seen this more often in known history.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Chai-Tea

Those poor dinosaurs didn't fit into "their" agenda I guess.

Anyways I think that throughout our planets history we have been watched over. By who or what I don't know, I just have a feeling, and all they do is study/observe as if a controlled experiment. Key word controlled meaning no outside interference. Whatever happens to us down the road will be our problem not their's. Even if they wanted to help our planet they couldnt because of galatic law (yeah lol where did that come from) So as I believe in some far out stuff, I think the tusk. event was natural, my 2 cents carry on now.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
1 Billion Tons ???_javascript:icon('
')
_javascript:icon('
')

That a cube of rock between 600 to 780 meters on a side. one big rock, at least 50 % taller then the WTC

where did all that matter go?

broken up into smaller rocks, there would be craters all over the place.

atomized? still would have covered an area of 211 square kilometers

complete vaporization ? would convert to 215 Trillion Megatons of TNT

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwatcher

I didnt say an inteligent race did step in, i just insinuated that if they did i doubt they would leave it to the last second of impact to save the planet.

I would subscribe to a natural phenomenom here, just as you have suggested.

[edit on 28-12-2007 by Chai-Tea]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Amazing that people jump to such daft speculations without a shred of evidence when the Tunguska story was in the news so recently ......

www.sciencedaily.com...

That's based on real evidence and science, btw
Sorry, it wasn't an alien spaceship, it wasn't Tesla, it was just a rather small inconsequential (in cosmic terms) meteorite.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MrShowMe

There are craters. Look it up, more than a billion trees fell to the ground that day.

Read the article that Ashley has given, it's rather interesting, there testing some metallic material recently found, which would prove alien intervention in the Tunguska event.

-Jimmy-

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Fraank Fontaine

Yes it has been examined, but not until now have they found weird material that may infact prove that aliens intervened. Reports state that there was a fireball in the sky, than a large flash, a loud explosion, and nothing more, They went to the site and there was ALOT of trees on the ground.

And it's pretty weird that it would've disentergrated so close to the ground, even when the air gets more dense, at the rate of speed it is going, I doN,t think it would make that big a difference on a meteorite that big.

-Jimmy-

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jimmy910130
reply to post by Fraank Fontaine

Yes it has been examined, but not until now have they found weird material that may infact prove that aliens intervened. Reports state that there was a fireball in the sky, than a large flash, a loud explosion, and nothing more, They went to the site and there was ALOT of trees on the ground.

All the exact effects of a meteorite explosion above the forest, as proved by thorough observation, research, simulation and modeling.

The place has been investigated throughly by the Russian, US and other research groups for 100 years. Why do they find something new now?

Does the article name the scientists, organisation, what was found etc? Nope to all. It is all too fishy for words.

Originally posted by Jimmy910130

And it's pretty weird that it would've disentergrated so close to the ground, even when the air gets more dense, at the rate of speed it is going, I doN,t think it would make that big a difference on a meteorite that big.

-Jimmy-

Not weird at all, totally natural based on all the previous research and scientific investigation. 99% of all meteorites disintegrate in the upper atmosphere and never get anywhere near the ground. The effect of the disintegration depends on the composition of the object. Not sure we can say it is weird or not weird without the necessary analysis.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
What is most interesting to me is that we are talking about this event and it happend so long ago....something strange must have happend...but what...

After reading this thread...here is my confidence in terms of percent regarding what really happend:

Time Travelers - 1%
Aliens - 4%
Space Rock - 75%
Human expermenting with energy - 20%

Time Travelers - why would they, unless just observing

Aliens - Why would they - unless they crash landed or tested something

Space Rock - seems likely

Human - could be, but since we dont have that weponary today, it does not seem likely.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Personalize it...your grandmother to move West where he met your Grandmother?

LOL

Now that is personal

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Personalize it...your grandmother to move West where he met your Grandmother?

Ahahah... Grandma on Grabdma?! MY MINDDDDD....

I personally believe natural occurance... but the idea of a facility set to defend the area is interesting... but unlikely.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I'm afraid the idea of time travelers from Earth preventing the incident is either paradoxical or illogical.

If the event had been cataclysmic, there would have been nobody to come back and prevent it.

This, from a Mod.

And yet, this thread hasn't been
moved to Skunkworks.

Amazing.
Lex

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
Also, if they wanted to prevent worldwide disaster, they'd be better off crashing. Airbursts are usually much more destructive than impacts.

Im not sure about that. Ground bursts depending on the size can be just as bad. You have to factor in all that derbits, dust etc and that can have quite an effect depending on how much gets kicked up etc.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
This, from a Mod.

Moderators are members and people too... many of our staff are experts on a wide range of the subjects discussed on ATS.

And yet, this thread hasn't been
moved to Skunkworks.

Tell you
what...
we'll
do the modding
you do
the posting.

We've made our editorial neutrality painfully clear many times. We don't control or manage topics.

Amazing

Perhaps you have something of substance to contribute to this thread?

Let's keep the discussion within threads focused on the topic of the thread... okay?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join