It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did aliens save planet in 1908?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Members of a Russian scientific team researching the site of the Tunguska meteorite crash of 1908 say they have found remnants of an extraterrestrial spacecraft. One scientist said based on his calculations, the mass of the space object headed for Earth in 1908 was nearly 1 billion tons.

I know, this sounds silly, but I'm going through some of my old bookmarks, and thought I would share my findings.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
One scientist said based on his calculations, the mass of the space object headed for Earth in 1908 was nearly 1 billion tons. He believes the meteorite was blasted by the spaceship at an altitude of 10 kilometers to prevent the destruction of all humanity on the planet.

Yikes!

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Um yeah, YIKES is right. If this were true it would be truley amazing. Anxiously awaiting the results of the testing...........

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Cool little fact..

"The Guinness Book of World Records (1966 edition) states that due to the rotation of Earth, if the collision had occurred 4 hours 47 minutes later, it would have completely destroyed the Imperial Russian Capital City of Saint Petersburg (Leningrad)."

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
So out of curiosity,

Since this has been proven as a real event (Guiness book and all) how do they explain it? Is it thought to have burned up, exploded?

What is Guinesse's general explaination on this?

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashley_T

This is actually a very plausible explanation. Eventhough I know this was an aerial explosion, I never understood how it could have happened. The radius of the blast is still seen in the Tunguska area, nothing grows there anymore, well some grass and such, but the trees have never recovered.

Some science expedition analized the soil and discovered high readings of radioactivity, which also point to your explanation. That the explosion could have been caused by a very powerfull nuclear explosion. I don't think meteorites could carry any high amounts of radioactive material naturally occuring in nature, but a missle fired onto the asteroid seems as the best possible solution.

Look around for anyother similar explosion occuring because of an asteroid being torn to pieces above ground. You find none, everything else is a hard on impact, with a crater.

Its great that it has happened in an unoccupied area. You can even think about it this way:

The aliens have diverted the asteroid on its course through the atmosphere, thus the friction could crack/weaken the object allowing them to inject a surgical detonation.

But it leaves an unaswered question. Why wouldn't they destroy that thing in space? Were they called/rushed in and have done the best they could? Or did they want us to realize our fragility, but had no success in doing so, 'couse nobody witnessed it as they intented it?

Hmmm, very interesting.

[edit on 27/12/2007 by iohen]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
this scenario could be very well possible

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
As far as I know, it was not a meteorite, but an alien space ship which exploded that day. They had some kind of problem and they were headed towards Earth and to prevent a global disaster they destroyed that ship in the air.

But that is just a theory.

I also hear a theory which said a human expedition took place on that year and they tested the first human nuclear bomb with alien technology on that date. They wanted to destroy humanity, they believed that such a huge explosion at the N pole would have a destructive effect on Earth's magnetic field. But they changed their mind and what was left was just a test.

Anyway, whatever happened then, it was not natural.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
One of the russians ufologist Dr Valery Mikhailovich Uvarov which is the head of the Department of UFO Research, Palaeosciences and Palaeotechnology of the National Security Academy of Russia, and has devoted more than 14 years to ufology as well as to the study of the legacy of ancient civilisations has done a lot of researches about Tunguska explosion and what might have been the cause of it. According to his interviews with ocular testimony and people who lived/e in the area whatever happened in Tunguska has happened before and is not the first time. Maybe not with the same magnitude but has cyclic pattern. It appears that in the ground there is a device that auto activates every time Earth is being threatened by a celestial body. Check this material out: www.nexusmagazine.com...

The link will direct you in the fourth part but I choose to do that in order for you to read the rest of the document. Is a long read but worth the time. Enjoy !!!

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashley_T
One scientist said based on his calculations, the mass of the space object headed for Earth in 1908 was nearly 1 billion tons. He believes the meteorite was blasted by the spaceship at an altitude of 10 kilometers to prevent the destruction of all humanity on the planet.
Yikes!

Hmm, I googled this scientist, figure he's got a mail order science certificate or something; I mean, based on his calculations he figured aliens blew up an asteroid to save us?

Here's what I found:
www.abc.net.au...

He is president of the Tunguska Spatial Phenomenon Foundation in Krasnoyarsk, made up of some 15 enthusiasts, among them geologists, chemists, physicists and mineralogists, who have been organising regular expeditions to the area since 1994.

Lavbin's theory is that a comet and a mysterious flying machine collided 10 kilometres above the Earth's surface causing the explosion

A picture of him and his claimed meteorite from:
www.skeptic.com...

www.newizv.ru...

And finally, a 2007 article stating that his 3 ton rock sample was..stolen!

www.theregister.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
All bunk. Plain and simple. The ordinary, boring explanation is typical debris entered our atmosphere (and yes, I say typical, it happens all the time, you have to remember that Humans have not been here long enough to relate to the time scales of events like this). It exploded in the air when it reached denser parts of the atmosphere, leaving a predictable pattern on the ground (you can look this up, scientist have done aerial simulation blasts that reveal the same type of pattern.

Sorry, I know how everyone likes to relate every single event in the world to aliens and ufos, but its that simple act of reasoning that makes us all look like fools, get it?

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

Yeah, but you can't be sure it's what happened. That's one of the theories.
However, we don't have other Tunguskas around to verify that, while we had lots of meteor crates lying around.

I think it would be quite strange for a meteorite to explode that close above ground and not actually making an impact. It was either crazy luck or someone intervened (IF it was a outerspace object).

[edit on 27-12-2007 by Breadfan]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
So we didnt have telescopes then ? Noone saw this thing coming at the earth? Hmm.. I know it was 1908 but there were observatory's then were there not?

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It would be nice if we were able to view this on Google Earth, but for some reason it is not on there?? One would have thought that a known anomaly like Tunguska would be viewable at a decent resolution.
thats just plain dissappointing...

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Does any one have access to Paris newspaper records for that event, which I understand was witnessed by people on the streets of Paris as it passed overhead.
I remember reading about such an event around forty years ago.
Horsegiver.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spica
It would be nice if we were able to view this on Google Earth, but for some reason it is not on there?? One would have thought that a known anomaly like Tunguska would be viewable at a decent resolution.
thats just plain dissappointing...

I found the coordinates: 101° 53′ 40″ E, 60° 53′ 09″ N

And yes it weird that this part is not covered in details by google!

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   

First thing to keep in mind, sources are important. Keeping this in mind, WorldNetDaily has an awful track record. If what they claim is true the US would have already suffered numerous 'dirty nuke' attacks -- among other things...

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Suppose that "aliens" did not interfere....maybe we did ourselves. Earthly timetravelers may have gone back in time at some point in our future to destroy the metor before it actually impacted the earth. An above ground explosion over an unpopulated area is a much better alternative to a ground hit.....on a populated city.

Now, because this all happend over russia, it is safe to assume that the time travelers are russian.....they would have a vested interest in the protection and salvation of tens of thousands of russian lives. Is it possible that the life that was saved is now a leader in their country?

I know that there are a lot of holes in my supposition....but hey that is OK - someone else fill them up.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

how could you know all this!?!? if we havent been around that long... how would you know that this is a typical event?
i bow to your wisdom

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
There is a post in another related thread that I found to be rather interesting.

Link to other thread

I thought the theory put down in the link in this post is actually quite entertaining and downright scary if true. It regards the possibility of Tesla's involvement in the whole thing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join