It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien reference on space.com?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
ok i was browsing through space.com list of best discoveries of 2007.

i came across this article.

After more than a decade of debate, scientists finally decided Mars did indeed once have large oceans. Shorelines with baffling features—ridges where things should have been flat—raised questions as to whether they were really shorelines. Turns out Mars toppled over long ago, redistributing its weight and shifting the shorelines in bizarre ways. Perhaps that's the same catastrophe that destroyed the little green men.

ARTICLE LINK

ok firstly when did Mars topple on its orbit ?... it wasn't around the time of a previous galactic alignment? i wonder if they can find this out.

And er.. whats the little green men reference , do you think their is something they want to tell us?

[edit on 26/12/07 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

Looks like "the little green men" was more a cliché than anything there. I hope we get the last laugh though.

It is very interesting the fact that more and more disclosure is coming forth to prove life on Mars was at one time and still may be...reality. They just getting us ready for full disclosure, I hope!

Guz

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I have read that Mars toppled due to an uneven distribution of its polar ice caps, much in the same way that Earth is supposed to have early on in its development. Of course then comes the debate about whether the crust of a planet can shift independently of the magma beneath, something which most mainstream scientists refuse to contemplate.
As for the galactic alignment screwing with the way planets work....2012 baby. I think that most scientists are taking a wait-and-see attitude, something which both terrifies and amuses me greatly.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Is that the image of Mars?

Now compare to these other imgs of same planet...

www.urania.be...

www.kidscosmos.org...

cache.boston.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

yes its mars with an artists impression of the oceans , it looks like mars to me it has the 3 big craters running vertically in all the pics.

its the image that comes with the article.

new topics

top topics

join