It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free to choose from the choices you are given??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Why dont more people see this? Why cant more people realize that they are only free to choose as long as they choose a choice that is provided to them?

In the elections that are coming up in 2008, are we really free to choose? when we go to the ballot in November, will ALL candidates who wish to run be listed as viable options?

When it comes to what we do to our bodies or what we choose to put into our bodies, are we free to make those choices? Or are we simply given a few "acceptable" options and then told to choose which of those that we would like?

Perhaps the "freedom of choice" is the largest conspiracy that we all face.

Choice is an illusion.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I've often wondered the same thing myself - because choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil. If I really had a choice, I've vote Revolution.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I’ve noticed with some interest the change in the vernacular from the phrase ‘to make a choice’ to the phrase ‘to take a choice’. If you take a choice you are simply choosing from those things offered you, but if you make a choice, you are free to make up any eventuality you can imagine. It seems minor, but it is an enormous difference. It seems to me to be part and parcel of the effect you are describing, the limiting of choice to those two or perhaps three options that the PTB predetermine.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by koncept

Choices are defined, therefore CHOOSING is the act of defined selection of those choices.

Choices are prescribed actions, within the confines of some preordered set. Independence and freedom are ideologies.

Don't confuse 'independence', 'free will', or 'freedom' with the ability or act of choosing. They are altogether different.

We usually have specific choices that we can make; we are granted independence -- to a limited degree; we have the ability to live in 'freedom' -- also to a limited degree. The US Government is removing our independence and freedom by limiting our choices. Therein lies the problem that we are contending with.

top topics

join