It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Discovered Before Christopher Columbus!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Same thing for me regarding the whole being taught the vikings' voyage to America in elementary school. Ofcourse I'm Danish so i'm biased ;P but still I thought by now that it was more or less common knowledge in the western world that Columbus wasn't the first guy at the scene.

Regarding the chinese or Asians. My mom is half greenlandish and at one point we got to talking about the origin of the inuits to which she responded that she once read that long time ago asians ventured across the iceflows in the northern pacific and eventually settled down on Greenland thus becoming the ancestors of the inuits. Well, it wasn't specifically America they discovered but the northern part of the continent. I guess it's all down to interpretation when "America" was discovered.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
i think its ridiculous that everyone says christopher colombus discovered america while still acknowledging american indians as native americans and have always had this belief - that is complete hypocricy
i agree that the title is given to the first white man to discover lands - its the same here in australia with captain cook.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join