It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Universe as a Hologram

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This is something very interesting that I have been reading up on. The idea that our universe is a hologram can provide very interesting answers in regards to the Paranormal, Near Death Experiences, Meditation, ETC.... Here is a link to some literature on this. Wondering what you all think about this.

twm.co.nz...

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Awesome post, flag & star and this is for me exactly how I see it to be true!

Great stuff, a must read!!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Thanks! I just got into this book about it that is consuming me right now. Earth moving for me....really great stuff

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Whats the book? Deffinatly something I'd like to read, I think ive gained so much knowledge over the last 12 months its scarey! ha ha

Makes so much sense to me! It feels right.

[edit on 26-12-2007 by DigitalKid]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot. It explains a LOT!!

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
has anyone had the time or patients to give this a read??

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Yeah, I've read it. It starts off reviewing the few papers about the subject, then goes off into some pretty wild eyed speculation.

Overall, an interesting read, I wouldn't take it as the final word on the subject, but I did find some interesting tidbits in it, and some useful names to follow up.

Any wave phenomena can be made to behave "holographically", from sound to microwaves and so on.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeff Riff

Of course it makes sense. It's just one possible paradigm, of course, but the idea that every single particle (of everything there is) is an all-encompassing "microcosm", as it were, and intricate with every other particle makes perfect sense. How could it not?

The book itself is a bit helter-skelter, but definitely worth a read.

(Talbot, unfortunately, is no more. He died of leukemia, back in 1992. But more on that in some other thread...)

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I've also read it... good read until he starts in on mental telepathy etc... he tries to cover ever "mystery" with this one idea... though his suggestion to read up on "junk dna" opened a few more "doors" for me... seek out "dna: the origins of knowledge" .... somethng very facinating when the two ideas are combined... i.e the perceptions of energy and dna as a repository of information and programming... think hard drive and laser

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Instead of a hologram, I think of this universe as a quantum projector, which is basically a quantum computer, vastly intelligent and self aware (Mother Earth, but on a galactic basis including all alternate realities with this one being the central hub). Users are then input into the system where they live, grow, and die and gain information in order to better develop their 'meta persona' the form that acts like a master battery of karmic energy, and if it is too under powered, then that being is re-input back to the system where the larger personality is subverted as this person continues the cycle of rebirth.

This also fits in with ghosts and the supernatural, as basically programs, or are bits of the original code of a soul (as with many ghosts in my opinion) that then continues to run even though the main code has exited and was most likely re-input. Think of a spectre that re-enacts its death every night at 11:28. The original being is gone, but the trauma of the event has enabled the last second or minutes of that situation or person, to be embedded with the surrounding area's power source inherent in all places.

The stronger the environmental power source, the greater the chance and perception of paranormal activity. Think about ley lines, or gruesome murder scenes with tons of emotional energy that charges the building or area, which in the case of the murder soaks into the area leaving feelings of creepiness, loathing or dread, positive situations work the same way with the opposite effect. So it just runs, and runs, and runs till the juice is gone, the place is destroyed (also severing the energy connection), or the code fragment is deleted (exorcism, spiritual cleaning, etc.).

That is all for now, but I think that this is a far more realistic perspective of the universe and explains a lot of the unexplainable and it does not exclude science or religion, it's just another way to look at things.

[edit on 2-1-2008 by GideonHM]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
My question is...

If the universe is a hollograph, where is the hollographic projector located?

If this is the same 'Michael Talbot' for his blog site:Debunking Christianity

This Blog has been created for the purpose of debunking Evangelical Christianity. We are ex-Christians, ex-ministers, and even ex-apologists for the Christian faith. We are now freethinkers, skeptics, agnostics, and atheists. With the diversity of our combined strengths we seek to debunk Christianity.

Same person? Just wondering out of couriosity is all.

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

This IS the projector. I feel that the term holographic is not very accurate. In terms of dimensional reality, where you are is real, and where you are not is unreal.

Take the Simpsons for example. To you, Homer Simpson is a cartoon with a corresponding voice actor and to him, he is very real. If you were to somehow step into the alternate reality of Springfield, that would be just as real to you, and this world would be nothing more than a tv show. However, not in your mind through your perspective to the world you left, because your memories of your life here would be unchanged (unless someone changed them). In light of that, your perspective shapes your reality, and at the same time is shaped by it.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

I need you to clarify some things please.

This IS the projector. I feel that the term holographic is not very accurate. In terms of dimensional reality, where you are is real, and where you are not is unreal.

WHAT is the 'projector? (let me see if I get this straight)
Is it US? Is this what you are trying to say? 'WE' are projecting our own realities? That's a helluvalot of projectors. Over 6 billion of them (people) running at present, on this earth.

I don't buy that.

You see, we are mere individuals co-habitating with other mere individuals.

And THAT, is LIFE, my friend.

What you are saying, co-incides with other 'ethereal' topics.

The OP STATES:

Instead of a hologram, I think of this universe as a quantum projector, which is basically a quantum computer, vastly intelligent and self aware (Mother Earth, but on a galactic basis including all alternate realities with this one being the central hub

Quantum Computer.

Clearly outside the contextual basis of human thought-projection.

And I re-iterate again:

Where is this projector, as referred to in the OP?

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GideonHM

Take the Simpsons for example. To you, Homer Simpson is a cartoon with a corresponding voice actor and to him, he is very real. If you were to somehow step into the alternate reality of Springfield, that would be just as real to you, and this world would be nothing more than a tv show. However, not in your mind through your perspective to the world you left, because your memories of your life here would be unchanged (unless someone changed them). In light of that, your perspective shapes your reality, and at the same time is shaped by it.

Makes alot of sense to me!

Still sounds pretty much like the hologram theory though just reworded.

People accept everything as reality and not enough challenge it, god bless ATS! lol

[edit on 2-1-2008 by DigitalKid]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

First, when I said 'this is the projector', every thing is the program/projector. Your flesh, the air, matter, anti-matter, everything. If you need to have a location for this, here would be the direct answer, and also floating in void itself, so technically nowhere. I doubt that is the answer you want though, but that is life, and it is rarely what one expects, and almost never what one demands.

Now on to your human thought projection. Human is just what people on Earth call themselves. That term has little impact on what living entities are in general. Do you think that extra-terrestrials are any different in that respect? Hardly. The mind is really the only 'thing' that can exist outside of this system. That is what defines individuals, even hive minded species, and the mind/essence is what leaves once the flesh/form is no longer capable of holding the mind.

Here is another example, think of the body as the hardware, the mind as the software and the soul as the power source that fuels the body and mind. People constantly confuse the soul as the mind, which really isn't the case. The soul is basically what allows your mind to grasp complex concepts, adapt to new situations, find your car keys, runs your autonomous bio functions (heart, liver, kidneys, etc.), and the more you reincarnate the stronger your soul becomes, giving your mind the raw potential to become a 'better' person.

Your body is also better off. For instance, why do some people live to 98 years old, smoke, drink, work most of their lives, and are far healthier and stronger than someone who has a number of debilitating diseases, is constantly bitter about life, but avoids drinking, smoking, then dies at 65? The overall power of the soul is what contributes to this phoenomena, and the more energy the body has to better regulate its cellular reproduction, DNA repair, toxin removal, immune response, and so on giving the individual a better opportunity to embrace life more fully.

The soul is what the mind uses to produce a proper form in order to house the mind (form covers energy beings as well as physical, where as body is the physical variant) as it projects into this system as the offspring of the parents who combined their essences to create a new form for a mind to inhabit.

This is not the only place minds exist. This and its infinite alternate realities is just one of many places minds can reside. The heavens, the hells, and even higher realities than those are just some of the possibilities, but most people who even believe in a Heaven or Hell, just don't understand the true nature of these places and that perhaps the general population is unaware of what truly lies beyond a 'physical' existance.

Did anyone ever think that it may be possible to be a sentient being composed of nothing but color, in a world that is it self just a sea of colors? If one is self aware and exists, how one exists is far less important as long as they try to live up to their true potential (how one would do that in a sea of colors is not within the grasp of my understanding, but that does not exclude the possibility).

What I am truly getting at here is that the depth and beauty of the projector theory of existence tends to be lost when one is more concerned about where the projector IS, rather than contemplating WHY it is, and how does this relate to our true purpose as sentient beings in an existence of pure potential. We are all extremely close to unlocking the secrets of what our existence truly is and what we really are, and by keeping an open mind and at least trying to understand such a wide reaching concept as living in a computer, we can gain a greater appreciation of how beautiful life and thought is.

new topics

top topics

join