It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Scheduled for Political-Termination?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOplayerhater

Umm.....Nowhere does it say anything about requiring permission or needing documents to travel within the states. Sorry, but you are wrong.
Also, what does this have to do with the OP regarding HR1955?

[edit on 27-12-2007 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Vote the dems into the governor's office in your state, wait until your new governor has appointed a few judges, then feel free to deck any cop who has the audacity to actually utter the words "your papers, please".

Please don't vote more Dems in office because that will just make things worse. You seem like a person who dislikes government so why would you want to vote for a Dem? Dems are for bigger and larger government.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
I must admit I find it incredulous at the naivety of so many Americans Fuhrer Bush has allowed such draconian laws as Patriot1 and soon to be 2

This thread is not about the Patriot Act but since you brought it up, I find it incredulous of the naivety of so many non-Americans.

The Patriot Act has in no way altered my privacy. Oh well.

They will be the first to start crying when it all goes down the pan

Now this is funny!

Most other countries are the first one's to come crying to the U.S. when they are in trouble and need help. America, please help us!
Unfortunately, some here are so stupid, they will come to the rescue even though they might despise America. Guess that is a sign of a great country.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

It would seem to be more a case of you can fly if you supply the info, not that you can't fly at all, as the OP stated. Good find.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
4th, again just because something has not happened yet does not mean it wont.

And what help do you mean, oh the killing of a million Iraqis to be saved from Saddam Insane and while were at it we will rob you blind yes I see what you mean. America helps itself for its own interests not the interest of others.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   

4th, again just because something has not happened yet does not mean it wont.

True, but it also means that it might not happen and I lean towards that end.

And what help do you mean

Come on, I know you have a understanding of history so don't play dumb.

oh the killing of a million Iraqis to be saved from Saddam Insane and while were at it we will rob you blind yes I see what you mean. America helps itself for its own interests not the interest of others.

That is a very crazy theory you have there. To bad its only a theory or an opinion because it most certainly is not fact.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Our reply will be nothing, There are more sheep in this country than I would like to believe. But we will do nothing. We will obey the new laws and ajust to less freedom.
When will people wake up? and see what our government is doing to us?

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
4th its so nice to spar with you, maybe you do really believe the movies where after all the shooting they all get up and walk away but do you really believe that all the JDAMS and other weapons used daily for the last 4 years in Iraq dont actually kill people.

Just because you Goverment does not count the collateral damage does not mean others dont. And ask yourself why they dont count the dead it would be embarrising to say the least would it not, and US companies are not exploiting Iraq thats a lie as well is it.

Well back on topic, you may feel at the moment that these and the continuing changes that are taking place with the US dont or wont affect you, if they dont you will be extremly fortunate but I doubt it, you can either see whats coming and deal with it or you can be blind to it, its a choice at the end of the day but personal choice will not change the outcome.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

but do you really believe that all the JDAMS and other weapons used daily for the last 4 years in Iraq dont actually kill people.

I have never stated that people are not being killed in Iraq.
The number of innocent civilian deaths in Iraq caused by U.S. bombing is relatively low and all these exaggerated claims are false for a number of reasons. One of which is when after a bombing, how can you really tell who is a innocent bystander and who is a terrorist since the terrorists wear the same clothes as innocent civilians. Secondly, a lot of the death counts are coming from groups which don't want to see the U.S. succeed so the count will be skewed on the high side. Its propaganda.

However, you are asking the wrong questions. Its not the fault of the U.S., its the fault of the terror groups inside Iraq. They are causing the trouble and are intentionally targeting civilians which of course the U.S. does not.

And ask yourself why they dont count the dead it would be embarrising to say the least would it not

Reasons are obvious as stated above. Its almost impossible to get an accurate count.

Well back on topic, you may feel at the moment that these and the continuing changes that are taking place with the US dont or wont affect you

Not just me but most people. The claims regarding privacy are exaggerated especially by groups within the U.S. who have Bush derangement syndrome.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Reply to 4thDoctorfan

you do relize Iraq is reporting 1 million deaths from us occupation.

US numbers are around 60,000

Seeing everything thats comming from the government these days I know 60,000 is a lie

I believe the iraqis numbers more then my own government.

if your a bush lacky and believe 60,000 is the total then youa re right the bomb numbers are low.

but guess what its 1 million according to Iraqi press/government.

that is a high number I guess if you choose to be blind the numbers are low but i am not.

and obviously you didnt read it says clearly what the new laws is.

all public transporatation is required for you. Thats you to have a government pass to use public transportation.

How more clear does it need to be?

Shall I tattoo it to your head.

Doesnt matter its around the corner well see what you say feb 19th 2008.

till then I let this rest im sick of trying to convince people this is a real law.

not a bill not a fairy dust pixel fanatasy land.

I live in reality sorry.

it is EFFECTIVE FEB 19th 2008.

Not going to be sent to the senate to be approved its already been passed it is the new law sorry.

Dont argue with me Im not the crazy nazi in the government approving these laws.

im just some person is outraged by it.

go yell at the people who passed this law not me.

if you didnt find any of this info read the pdf its pretty clear to see.

I dont know how clear you need it.

Government boarding pass for all public transportation.

is an internal passport sorry >

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

The US most certainly has not killed 1 million Iraqis, so please dispense with this bile.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Could you be a little more precise when you say Iraq is saying that the US is responsible for 1 million dead. Who exactly in Iraq is quoting this number? Is that 1 million killed from military action? Does that include all deaths, to include old age and disease? Does that include the numbers killed by insurgents and terrorists?

Here's a few links to check out.

www.iraqbodycount.org...
www.iraqbodycount.org...
www.iraqbodycount.org...

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Can you please copy and paste the exact link and the exact wording w/in the link that says: "You will have to have a passport to go from one state to another within the US".

Because Im not seeing it - anywhere. Grant it, I have skimmed thru the 37 pages. But can you help us out and show us EXACTLY the wording and where it is? Because that document is talking about airplanes and in/out of the country.

And im curious, on on earth would this even be implemented? There are thousands of people who work in WDC, yet live in surrounding states. And there are thousands of people who work in Virginia and live in Maryland. How would this work? There is also the METRO system that travels thru MD, VA and DC and all you need is a metro card to get on.

So, im curious as this would be implemented if it were even true -which I dont believe is, as no facts have even been provided - just hearsay.

With that said. I just received my military passport so I can travel in and out of the country, hassle free. Wooooaaaa, skeeery!

[edit on 27-12-2007 by greeneyedleo]

[edit on 27-12-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Hmmm...didn't I read about this a while back on here? I thought it had to do with national ID cards and driving licenses? Do I recall that without the 'proposed' ID Card, you would basically have no access to any federal programs - anywhere. This would be the route they want to take to enforce ID Card take up. Without the ID Card - you would also be uable to travel on certain types of federally regulated transport.

Also - no ID Card - no Drivers License - effectively stranding you where you are.

This is maybe what the OP is talking about??

J.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by jimbo999]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

??????????

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I skimmed all 37 pages too, and there was nothing in there about state to state travel, or anything other than airline security measures. Basically it allowed a 72hr period to check passenger lists against watchlists, and that was about the extent of it. There was nothing about having your papers handy to cross state lines, or get on a bus/subway/train.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

??????????

What? May I help you?

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Vote the dems into the governor's office in your state, wait until your new governor has appointed a few judges, then feel free to deck any cop who has the audacity to actually utter the words "your papers, please".

Please don't vote more Dems in office because that will just make things worse. You seem like a person who dislikes government so why would you want to vote for a Dem? Dems are for bigger and larger government.

No - the Dems are for a more humane and responsible government. All that Neo-Con nonsense about 'Big Government' is too funny. Like the one about 'Too Many Taxes'....

I wonder what you'd drive your car on without tax money paying for roads? Or who you'd call in the event of a crime without tax dollars paying for the police??

Sounds like a very scary world you would like to live in. Law of the jungle basically...

J.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
No - the Dems are for a more humane and responsible government.

I think that must be the funniest thing I have heard today. Come on, you cannot be serious. Dems have always wanted to expand government and take more of your money. In fact, the dems have never met a tax they did not like.

Dems humane??
That is not even remotely true.

Here is how it works in a nutshell:
Conservatives want to teach you how to fish and provide for yourself while the dems want to take my fish and give it to others. This practice by the dems gives everyone a lot less and makes the majority dependent on the government.

All that Neo-Con nonsense about 'Big Government' is too funny. Like the one about 'Too Many Taxes'....

Why is it funny? Perhaps you like big government and more taxes but I don't.

I wonder what you'd drive your car on without tax money paying for roads? Or who you'd call in the event of a crime without tax dollars paying for the police??

Who said anything about abolishing all taxes?
Some taxes are needed but currently its way to much. We need a fair tax system where you don't have to be a genius to understand the code.

Currently the top 1% of income earners pay 39% of all federal taxes.
The top 25% of income earners pay 86% of all federal taxes.
The top 50% of income earners pay 97% of all federal taxes.

There is no way on Earth this is fair and its way to much taxes citizens are paying plus let us not forget all the state and local taxes.

Sounds like a very scary world you would like to live in.

Sorry but its scary now and I need more dems in office like I need another hole in my head.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

Conservatives don't believe in no taxes or government. We just feel that the fewer the taxes, and the smaller the federal government, the better. We oppose the nanny state, and support the individual's right to liberty and the persuit of happiness. Conservatives believe that the money one earns is theirs, not that it's the government's to give back. Conservatives are against income redistribution. Liberals on the otherhand want as many people on the dole as possible, as they're their built in constituency. Liberals feel that they are elite, and intellectual, so that they know better than you, how your(the government's)money should be spent.
Liberals believe in the collective, and that the government is the savior of the masses. With regards to crime and punishment, Conservatives want to enforce the law, and punish criminals, whereas Liberals want to try to understand the criminal and shift the blame on society and their environment. Conservatives believe in personal responsibility. Liberals are opposed to that notion, because it adversely affects self esteem.
Conservatives believe the fundamental role of the federal government is to defend the country, and establish law and order. Liberals believe the role of the goverment is to usurp the role of the parent, or of personal responsibility, etc...........

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join