It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

flight 175 nose dive and high-speed bank

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Isn't the autopilot using the same controls?

It is, but it's much slower than a human pilot, and has it's limitations.

Like a aircraft simulator a autopilot is an attempt to simulate the real thing,
a human being.

A autopilot like most computers is a damn dumb thing, put BS into it and BS is what comes out in the other end.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I believe you'll find that autopilots have very conservative limits on things like dive angles, angles of bank etc etc. The only way those planes could have done what they did is under manual control.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pilgrum
I believe you'll find that autopilots have very conservative limits on things like dive angles, angles of bank etc etc.

Nah, wait a minute now!

There are different Jet Aircrafts flyin our skies.

Boeing philosophy is that's the aircraft is speed stabile on autopilot.

Autopilot off you're on your own, fly it into bits and pieces, it is possible.

Then there is the Airbus way, it's not speed or roll stabile at all, it commandes a roll rate or nose up/down rate as you moves the stick.

On top of it there's a limit of how many g-'s you can pull.

There's no such limits on any Boeing, (And here's where the conspiracy nutters goes wrong)

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

look it up on youtube or just the world wide web before you assume im making statements about Nazi'ism... since it has absolutely nothing to do with it.

this shows your ignorance to the absolute degree...

You sure got one up on me there Mr. Smarty-Pants. Here's where the Nazi reference comes from.

The experiments began in July 1961, three months after the start of the trial of Nazi war criminal Adolf Eichmann in Jerusalem. Milgram devised the experiments to answer this question: "Could it be that Eichmann and his million accomplices in the Holocaust were just following orders? Could we call them all accomplices?" Wiki

Thank you for the fine education.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Freaky_Animal

Yes, there were a number of disasters with Airbus fly by wire systems when the plane and the pilot disagreed on what to do which would be humorous if not for the final results.

My point was that the only way a Boeing could perform that extreme manouvre was under manual control which rules out the possibility of it being pre-programmed into the autopilot. Just to keep the CT's alive though, a remote control system can't be excluded as long as the autopilot had no say in it

John Lear or Weedwhacker could add some more professional insight into this.

I should have said 'rate of descent' rather than 'dive'

[edit on 28/12/2007 by Pilgrum]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Boone 870

no where in that description does the Experiment EVER test to see if the person is a Nazi... It simply provides a reasoning for why people followed Hitler... or any other authoritative person.

The Milgram experiment was a seminal series of social psychology experiments conducted by Yale University psychologist Stanley Milgram, which measured the willingness of study participants to obey an authority figure who instructed them to perform acts that conflicted with their personal conscience.
en.wikipedia.org...

If you watch the experiment, as I have, it never once mentions these people being Nazi's... they are ordinary American people responding to an authority figure....
Here is a brief excerpt:

Cool, so now that you know that, you will see that i was never referencing you to be a Nazi.
I know that when you see the word Nazi in anything you obviously conclude that person is calling you a Nazi, but in this case you can calm down, Milgram just wanted to know why people do what they do...

So NOW you can see how i referred to the experiment because you simply believe everything in the 911 commission report because it comes from an authoritative figure...

you were quick to jump the gun when you thought you right about the Milgram experiment,
however, could you also address your comment that i pointed out in my last post:

I find it very entertaining when a conspiracy theorists claims that there's too many inconsistencies and not enough proof to believe the official story when they have no idea what the official story says.

just a simple apology will do.

*Edited to fix youtube link

[edit on 28-12-2007 by Odessy]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

I never said that you called me a Nazi. I was just making sure you weren't insinuating it. Thank you for clarifying.

Apologize for what? I can't recall any of your views regarding the official story. Therefore, I wasn't referring to you.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Boone 870

Try Pavlovian experiments by psychologists, such as Pavlov. Those came long before the 30s and 40s Nazis were organized.

Anyone familiar with this name: Tavistock Institute in England? Freud was considered the idol of Tavistock Institute. Where all the covert agencies meet to learn black psyops.

educate-yourself.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join