It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green Fireball UFO crash in Oregon last night.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I've heard on the news on AM radio that there were recent reports of a huge green fireball shooting across central Oregon "last night" (12-24-07).
Here's a brand spanking new news article about it:
www.katu.com...

Does anybody know what happened?
Did anybody witness this event?
Any video footage or pictures?

What timing! This happened just after I got done seeing the new movie Aliens vs. Predator 2. The alien ship crashes into the woods which starts the whole movie.

[edit on 26-12-2007 by realanswers]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
You might check and see if there were any missile shots out of vandenberg AFB etc on that night. ICBM tests can cause that kind of atmospheric disturbance you described

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I would have to disagree with the idea that it was a missle. It sounds more like a typical meteorite, space debris, or UFO crash.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hi realanswers,

The North American Meteor Network collects data for fireballs.

www.namnmeteors.org...

Also, you might want to read this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I didn't see it, but maybe someday....

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
prob just a stealth blimp went down out of vanderberg afb no big deal imho

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
There's a post below of a witness to a green fireball that dashed through North of Toronto
Maybe there's some sort of relation ?

Good find.

-Jimmy-

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by atsguy_106
prob just a stealth blimp went down out of vanderberg afb no big deal imho [/quote

any daylight pictures of these stealth blimps

i live right by mcguire afb, nj-a refueling transport base----i see a cheap looking, non commercial looking totally white blimp in the area.

it doesn't seem to be military--but flying so close to the base they would have to have clearance from gov't
and i've seen it more than once

the only thing i can think of is doing arial photos maybe?????

anythoughts

back to topic at hand

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Well, if you live in the area and see some strange stuff like this again, then please show us at ATS some pictures. That would be a great contribution to this story until the UFO reports post which are always delayed by about 2 weeks on the UFO reporting website.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Hello I live in Oregon, and I work with a person that saw it come down. He said it looked like a bright green meteor. And if you do some searching the green color is indicative of a Titanium alloy burning during re-entry into the atmosphere. So it seems that a satellite falling back to earth could be one explanation for this. Thats my 2 bits anyways.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by Osyris]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
If you haven't read:

en.wikipedia.org...

There's plenty about this very phenomena within that link.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by realanswers

If it was a meteor, it may have looked something like this one caught on a dash-cam in 2005: www.zshare.net...

It shouldn't be hard to determine if it was space junk or not from accounts of it's angular velocity and/or cross referencing with known re-entries/object orbits. I suspect junk may have been ruled out by now since there has been no new news for a while as far as I can see... I have not seen any news relating to this event anywhere apart from here (which is unusual!).

Either way, green meteors/junk are not uncommon. Keep looking at the sky and sooner or later you will see one of fireball class. Some of the best that I have seen have been Leonids and Perseids (to a lesser degree), but there have also been quite a few memorable sporadic fireballs that were green. I also saw what I think was a a space-junk re-entry, which appeared to be a vivid green fireball a few years back.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The Leonids:

High-res

Source

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I've seen a meteor like this one right over head with a much better view: www.zshare.net...
I know one when I see one.
But, as you may know, some ARE UFOs: en.wikipedia.org...
One reason that I'm extremely interested in these green falling objects is because I think these UFO related events are the most overlooked phenomena to investigate!
It also hits so close to home with me as I've seen the object get hauled off on a military flat bed truck RIGHT NEXT TO ME on the road!

To those people that are closer to the crash, DON'T REPORT IT TO THE GOVERNMENT AT ALL or they will take it away before you get a chance to even find out what it was.
Also, whether it was a meteor, satelite, space debris, or UFO, it would still be extremely valuable. I've seen rocket parts sell for $10,000 on eBay!

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
If it was a meteorite there are many people who would like to know the area in which it was seen in order to perhaps recover the fresh object.

I know I would.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Again, people keep seeing green objects/smoke/mist with these ufos. Is there a propulsion bi-product that comes out green that anyone knows about?

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I think it's jumping the gun to presume it might be anything alien related, unless it was seen to hover, deviate from a straight course, or significantly speed up/slow down. Occam's razor...

From reading the page on Wiki about green fireballs, it does sound as though many of the reports of "unusual" green fireballs are perhaps slight over-reactions from people who have not seen many fireballs before. Fragmentation and fireballs that explode are not odd behavior, although some luck and/or persistence is needed to see such an event. There were only perhaps one or two reports that may have been true UFO's from what I could see.

It's important to keep in mind, that this whole class of objects can play tricks on the eyes, especially on those who have little or no experience with them. See this link (which I've posted on a few occasions before on this forum) if you have not already: www.meteorobs.org...

If you are considering looking for a meteorite/debris, you should first check for indications that it survived long enough to reach the ground, otherwise it's just a waste of time. One sure way to tell if it did, is if any sonic booms were heard (assuming it's a meteorite/space junk, and not something "alien"). If they were reported, there may be chance of finding something, but this is usually easier said than done...

If only one person saw it, then you are out of luck, since to pin down a possible landing site requires triangulation. Even if you can find a few people that saw the event, the quality of the information they give you may not be good enough to define a trajectory and reasonably small landing site. I'm sure there is software that can work out a potential landing site from the data you collect, taking into account wind direction/strength during the dark flight stage of the objects' fall to the ground.

Then there is the question of terrain - many end up in the sea, and a good proportion of those that do not will be forever lost in difficult terrain (mountains/thick forest/scrub/swamp).

Ideally, you want photographs/video of the event taken from two separate sites 100-150KM apart.

If it's just crashed/fallen objects you are after in general, it may be better to find some volunteers and head for your nearest salt flat/tundra/ice pack/other extremely flat and baron area.

Just in case any of you are fortunate enough to catch an event like this in the future, there are a few things you should remember to do, if you want to provide the best possible information and increase the chance of finding anything that may have survived:

1. On it's appearance, note it's start position in relation to the stars and/or fixed terrestrial landmarks on the horizon, and start counting in seconds up till it disappears from view. Note this time and the end point of the trail like you did for the start.

2. If you have a watch, look at it now and note the time to the nearest second. Check your watch against an accurate clock later to see if it's off at all, and if it is, take this into account when submitting data.

3. Keep listening for sonic booms for another 5 minutes, and note the time if you hear any.

4. After this you should note things like brightness, color, presence of a persistent train etc... write it down then and there if you can.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by realanswers

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that some of these objects could not be some kind of alien craft, and perhaps one or two may even have crashed and been recovered, but IMHO, it's more likely that the cause is more mundane.

As for the case in question, unless any witnesses have reported highly unusual behavior, there do not seem to be any grounds for pursuing this as a possible UFO sighting/crash, don't you agree? By all means keep digging if you want though.

I think I remember you saying what you saw before. An object covered with tarp. if I remember correctly? but how can you be sure this was related to a green fireball? There is always the potential for a coincidence, however unlikely IMHO.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
To reply to the last post, my experience was that the fire department, police, military, and unknown personnel sealed off a specific area and told the public after a so called busy 6 hour "search" that they didn't find anything despite a number of cargo trucks moving into the area of the crash. I talked face to face with the firefighter who worked on that day of the crash and the key witness that had the best view in the whole area because he was on top of the local landfill which is very high up above the tree line. The witness said that it was shiney metallic and the sun reflected off of it. It had smoke coming off of it at an angle on the back side. When it dipped down into the ground for the crash, it shot a bunch of sand and dust up above the crash site. The witness thought if anything, it was a plane, but definitely did not look like a meteorite. I thought it couldv'e been space debris, but the government denied it was there so I think maybe it was a UFO that was shot down.
To this day, I still don't know if the government would lie to the public and deny the simple existance of a crash of space debris. The next day, I witnessed an open transport flatbed military truck speed to the public airport with an acorn shaped object about the size of a Voltswagon Beetle and perfectly circular in shape and flat at its base.
So, that's why I'm inclined to accept this as a UFO, whether it be an alien or just a government secret flying object.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Dulcimer

According to the article link in my first post, the crash was near Prineville, OR:

maps.yahoo.com...;_ylc=X3o'___'ExNmIycG51BF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEc2VjA2ZwLWJ1dHRvbgRzbGsDbGluaw--#mvt=m&lat=44.30292&lon=-120.844044&mag=11&q1=Prineville %2C%20OR

new topics

top topics

join