It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion and the common man....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
oxman-

you don't want to be judged?

Maybe you should have thought of that before you started this post.

Anyways, I was taught to judge the act not the person. Abortion is wrong.

God does the judging, and by the way, what are you going to say to him?

"oh about that baby thing, sorry, I just didn't have the time for it ya know?"

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
What is it about then OX?

And by the way Aim, we were having a nice conversation in here before you showed up. Let's attack the issue and not OX.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
aim----I started the topic to see peoples opinion on the issue. And what you were taught is not what you are following. You judged ME. You cannot deny it. And besides, the God arguement only works if you believe in the free-will side of God.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
How can you hold your own baby and give it away? There is no way that we could do it.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
You do not have to give it away. You can have an open adoption and have a written legal contract that you are a part of the childs lives.

It is very easy and totally normal now. I know of 3 great couples that are looking for babies now that have other adopted children. They are very well of and are interested in your case. All costs are paid.

Also, in an open adoption, it is found that the child has a great respect for both parents and is involved in both parents lives.

It is a very bold and great step in the adoption world.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OXmanK
How can you hold your own baby and give it away? There is no way that we could do it.

And killing it is better on your conscious?

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
WE ARE TRYING TO CHANGE THEIR MINDS YOU ASS HOLES.

Stop being a bunch of Pro-life ass monkeys for 10 mins.

I am prolife too, and agree with you, but come on. If you are attacking the issue then be however you want.

But this is real and a child rests in the balance. Don't you think a little more discretion is called for?

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
KJ: What if these nice people pay all of our medical expense and then we reneg on the deal and keep the baby? By the way, I do appreciate you and the way you have held yourself in all of this.

Illusion: yes it is. "Murder is easier on our conscience." (I hope you can sense my growing cynicism) Repeating the same old rhetoric is not helping anything.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The money would not come from them, it would come from me.

If you decided to keep the baby, they would be sad, but happy that it has life.

I would not ask for the money back. I think of it as an investment. I would however ask for pictures so I could see how the little guy or girl was doing

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Also, you are under no obligation to give prospective adoptive parents the child. You can simply apologize and they can walk away

No papers are signed until after the child is born

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
What if the adoptive parents change their minds and don't want the baby after all??

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
It is a very lengthy process for adoptive parents with numerous upsets. It is an emotional rollercoaster for them. It would be a rare rare thing for that to happen.

But I know that parental rights would first be offered back to the birth parents and they may choose another or backup couple.

Here is a fantastic book that I encourage you to read or check out. I can mail you a copy if you like.

great open adoption book

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Say we have this wonderful open adoption. What if we decide we want full control of the child? Would that be acceptable or would a court battle ensue?

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
In virginia there is a 28 day grace period if you change your mind.

You could also wait a few weeks to see if you want to keep the baby or not.

But an open adoption is very different. You can search for parents and you will know a lot about them. You can choose by how much involvement you want to have with how much they would like?

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Additionally, you actually interview the prospective parents. You can find people in line with your views, practices, and visitation or involvement.

Circumsition even came up for my son Connor before we decided to keep him. It's very involved.

I also sent a U2U a while ago, not sure if you checked yet.

Me and my wife will assist in any way we can.

[Edited on 11-2-2004 by KrazyJethro]

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Hello oxman, I hope you and your partner cope well with everything ahead of you.

You know, a baby should be born out of love for the child, not for avoidance of committing 'murder' or guilt.

People, everything has potential and people cut off potential everyday. It's not a bad or good thing.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
A child should be concieved out of love. But that is not always the case.

A child is born because it was created. It's born because it lives.

Potential and life are two different things.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Ever look up some photographs about partial birth abortion that Bush tried to ban? Ever read how they do it. This description is not for the weak stomached people out there. Read this and see what you think about abortion. www.acljlife.org...

I have two children and they are the most wonderfull things in the world. Abortion is murder and is a cowards way out. There are many options available and people to help. Heres some info to help maybe it's the adoption network and they help people so as to prevent abortion.
I once seen a comic strip that shows a man praying to god to send people to find cures for cancer and aids and someone to help solve all of mans problems. God replied " I already have but you aborted them. " Think about that.

[Edited on 12-2-2004 by Hoppinmad1]

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hoppinmad1
Ever look up some photographs about partial birth abortion that Bush tried to ban? Ever read how they do it. This description is not for the weak stomached people out there. Read this and see what you think about abortion. www.acljlife.org...

I have two children and they are the most wonderfull things in the world. Abortion is murder and is a cowards way out. There are many options available and people to help. Heres some info to help maybe it's the adoption network and they help people so as to prevent abortion.
I once seen a comic strip that shows a man praying to god to send people to find cures for cancer and aids and someone to help solve all of mans problems. God replied " I already have but you aborted them. " Think about that.

[Edited on 12-2-2004 by Hoppinmad1]

Luckily enough, what we are doing will not be a partial birth abortion. I do agree with that being sick, sick, sick. I do think that one should be banned.

Think about the comic strip you quoted. You contradict yourself badly with that one. God had a plan for this person to do something. So, this is fate. It is fated to be. But the all powerful, all knowing, and all seeing God could not see what was going to happen to this fetus?
You are the one who asked me to think about it...If there is fate like the cartoon promotes, God already knows what is to happen to it, after all, it's God's will.

Let me say this much on the issue, do not bring God into this, because it makes your argument that much more flimsy. And it is the easiest to counter...

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I agree, you do not have to bring up God in order to trounce Abortion. It turns people off and removes you from an objective position to an image of "Oh, one of those guys."

Anyway, OX I hope you will consider what is being offered to you. It is a major undertaking either way and both will be wrought with emotional struggle.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join