It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion and the common man....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
don't hurt me

But I feel the abortion issue should be a woman only issue. Screw you men and what you think.

It's my body, my life, I should be the one to make that decision, if I chose to live with that, then so be it. No one should or has the right to judge me but God (my version of God..that is)

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
There is a major difference between us and the Chinese. We have plenty of space here in America. Population control is something we could do without. If we go for population control, then let's just kill all the retards and old folks. They are a drain anyway right? Up the death penalty, include mental disorder as a crime punishable by death, that'll clear the board a little.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
don't hurt me

But I feel the abortion issue should be a woman only issue. Screw you men and what you think.

It's my body, my life, I should be the one to make that decision, if I chose to live with that, then so be it. No one should or has the right to judge me but God (my version of God..that is)

That is certainly a convinient and self serving approach to government.

I guess rape is just a man issue, since we are the ones who choose or don't choose to do it. So keep your opinions about that to yourself, we don't need your input.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Exactly the point I was trying to make!!!

Another thing that I'm nearly ashamed to admit is that I agree with Colonel 100% on one thing.

Watch your mouth when you are speaking to a lady in here!!
It may not be a rule in writing but it's a matter of respect and decency.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Watching my mouth was in reference to cursing, which I retracted and apologized for.

I did nothing to disrespect, only argue.

It's called being facetious.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

That is certainly a convinient and self serving approach to government.

I guess rape is just a man issue, since we are the ones who choose or don't choose to do it. So keep your opinions about that to yourself, we don't need your input.

First off this is public forum and I am free to add my opinion on an issue that concerns me.

Government should not be able to dictate how what I do my body.

How can you even begin to say rape is a man issue because you are the ones who choose to do it or not?

The fact is rape is forced sexual act performed on an unwilling woman. A man forces himself on a woman achieves his gratifaction and leaves. There is no comparison to be made to the issue. For you to bring it up is pointless.

I cannot force my pregnancy on a man. I cannot force him carry a child for me. I cannot force him to support me. I cannot force him to raise a child. Why should you have the right to force me to have an unwanted child? a child who probably have to suffer, maybe be abused. Why should I add to societies problems. Me having an abortion should not concern you or anyone else except those whom are involved in the situation.

you brought up adoption before, I gave statistics, why should I add my child into that system. Why don't all those people waiting to adopt babies just adopt any child. All children are capable of love.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
"First off this is public forum and I am free to add my opinion on an issue that concerns me."

Of course you are. Far be it from me to try to stop you, nor would I want to. It was proving a point that I will get to below.

"Government should not be able to dictate how what I do my body."

You couldn't be more wrong. They do it every day, and you will probably vote for someone who will add to it. They dictate what you can say, what you do in almost every facit. This is just one more thing.

"How can you even begin to say rape is a man issue because you are the ones who choose to do it or not?

The fact is rape is forced sexual act performed on an unwilling woman. A man forces himself on a woman achieves his gratifaction and leaves. There is no comparison to be made to the issue. For you to bring it up is pointless."

Pointless it is not. While I was being facetious about rape (which I hate with a firey passion), you are forcing your will on an unwilling child. Simple as that.

"Why should you have the right to force me to have an unwanted child?"
I do not have the right so to speak, but the government does. They make murder wrong, are you going to try to counteract that law?

"a child who probably have to suffer, maybe be abused. Why should I add to societies problems."

Such a simplistic view of things. Yes, all children that are murdered are going to compount the problems and make your taxes go up while they are beaten senselessly and made to be child prositutes. It's rediculous. They may just as equally have a happy home and be loved. Therefore the arguement is null.

"Me having an abortion should not concern you or anyone else except those whom are involved in the situation."

Murder concerns me. Rape concerns me. Crime, kids with guns, and who will be president concern me.

Let me put this clearly. It is murder and no one has yet to differ from me on this point. Murder is not a personal business.

"All children are capable of love."

You're right, but unfortunatly, not all women and men are.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
so it comes down to the "murder" issue

well I already know you will find ways to shoot down the belief that some have that it isn't murder until a certain stage, or until the baby is born. That is what you Pro-lifers base your arguement on.

but the point is there is no proof that "life (person with awareness) begins at conception.

the human body allows for natural abortion at anytime during a pregnancy. most natural abortions happen during the first trimester, especially the first weeks and most women don't even realize it. Perhaps they were drinking alot, partying, doing activities that risked the "life" of the fetus, are they also guilty of murder???

As a woman who went thru 9 months of pregnancy and gave birth to 2 children, I can assure you life (the awareness) isn't there until you feel that first movement which say "hey mommy, I'm here now" which is late into the first trimester. I support abortions done before that stage, anything later should be medically necessary.

I realize you will have a comeback and I am not going to argue the issue, I stated my opinion which is what I wanted to do and that's that!

btw, the govt isn't stopping me from getting tattoes, piercings, cosmetic surgery, liposuctions, elective surgeries,lasix, etc, etc. they have no right to stop me from having an abortion.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I agree 98% percent with you but what about the father? Doesnt he have ANY say in it?

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I dont have the time to re-read the entire thread but a few days ago i did. From what i remember a young couple had made the decision to have an abortion and wanted to let others know,and see what they thought.
M y opinion is to do what you want. Dont listen to others because they are usually wrong. You have already proven yourself smart by deciding on the abortion and not listening to the commoners. There is nothing worse than an un-needed or unwanted child and you have made the right decision.
This will only get the anti-choicers mad but who cares what they think anyways,...
A fetus is not a baby,until it can live on its own and without the life support of its host, it is only a parasite.
You are making the right decision by not bringing another person into this world.
Good luck,congratulations on you decision.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Ashley, your arguement is rediculous.

A fetus is a parasite. True.

But so is a child.

My baby is a parasite. If I left it alone to fend for itself, he would die.

My three year old son is one too. He might last a little longer, and could fesibly speak to people if he incountered them, but he would most likely die as well.

Again, you might want to come with something a bit better.

WW, thanks for stating your point. Here is my final word on this.

The government has the right and responcibility to make laws to govern, protect, and restrict it people so that is best for all people.

They tell you not to:
-Kill others except in self defence
-beat others
-steal from others
-kill youself
-be drunk and drive
-do drugs
-drive too fast
-kill fetuses (Ask Lacy's husband if he commited 2 murder's, the law says he did)

and a hundred others. People pretend that this is the only time the government would tell you what to do with your body.

Pregnant women give up rights when they become pregnant. If you don't think so, ask one. They have to feed and care for it. Not smoke or drink too much. Not do drugs.

As for natural miscarriges, if it is the case, it is s shame, but that is not murder, it is natural death like people of all ages are subject to.

35 million children are dead because men decided to change the definition of life to suit their needs.

That is the definition of convenience.

Side note-Thanks WW for a good debate. I had a good time. Much love to you. It's a pleasure to disagree with you

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
lol jethro, I agree to disagree with you again on this and other issues

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
35 million children are dead because men decided to change the definition of life to suit their needs.

as they always do

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I think it should be a personal CHOICE, although wouldn't it be a heck of a lot better if they made it harder to get pregnant. Pass a course or something, then reproduction is turned on.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Abortion is selfish. Your killing your child, and whining about how you dont want to live up to your responsibilities. I have a friend that was adopted, and she said it was the best thing her real mom ever did for her. I think adoption over abortion. At least give the kid a chance at life.

If you dont want a baby either dont have sex, or use protection. Its not rocket science. :shk:

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Thank you all for the comments.

Just: We did use protection...quite a bit actually. It failed us.

Just so everyone knows; its going to happen regardless of what ya'll say. I just wanted to get a view of the board.

I agree, our reasonings are selfish, but almost everything we do in life is selfish. Adoption is not an option here. There is no way that we could give it away after holding it and seeing it. But anyway...

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
All I want to say is thank God that the baby will be in God's hands and not yours.

Your selfishness does not need to be reproduced.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Aimlessly and Justanillusion

Humor me here for a moment...............

Have either one of you ever been pregnant?

[Edited on 2/11/2004 by Venus]

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venus
Aimlessly and Justanillusion

Humor me here for a moment...............

Have either one of you ever been pregnant?

[Edited on 2/11/2004 by Venus]

What does this have to do in accordance to the post?

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
Another thing that I'm nearly ashamed to admit is that I agree with Colonel 100% on one thing.

Watch your mouth when you are speaking to a lady in here!!
It may not be a rule in writing but it's a matter of respect and decency.

You are truely a Gentlemen Fry2........Thank You

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join