It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiky UFO Brazil

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicyclerepair Man
Uh? I thought the Drone-pictures were a proven hoax, or were they not?

Shouldn't there be a [HOAX] tag if so? I'd say it's still inconclusive, with just some kind of "general opinion" about it being a hoax.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Most probably a custom-made balloon: it doesn't seem to move much, just drifts closer, and doesn't change shape, simply its angle of view, so that the ring of spikes become more pronounced. The camera moves a heck of a lot more than the object.

BTW what is is with UTube sometimes? this took hours to load, absolutely painful.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Nice vid
Its erie to see them hang in the sky like that. Makes me wonder what they are doing.
I have a feeling we are going to see more and more of these thanks to cheaper video cameras.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Hate to be the first one to cry cgi, but i thought i caught some tracking problems with it within the first 30 - 40 seconds of the clip. When the camera frantically searches the sky for it it sometimes seems to move 'wrong'...

In saying that, I'm probably wrong too, so carry on.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nekitamo

Hello Nekiytamo,
It means "it had success".

good post

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by PureET
This is the most genuine video of a UFO i have ever seen before.

"Breadfan"; Are you blind? If this is your type of balloon then I wonder what planet you are from... No imagination at all...

Thank you for this!

* + Flag

[edit on 26-12-2007 by PureET]

Maybe he is on planet Earth, type in 'shaped hot air balloon' into google and you will see that they come in all shapes and sizes!

It's hard to say what it is though, I am always a bit skeptical when they are just hovering there in broad daylight.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
People are skeptical when they just hang there in the middle of the night too, i think this is something more than a balloon but my opinion doesn't really mean much when we have such experts here on ATS who know for sure what it is.

truth is never will there be enough evidence to satisfy some people unless we knock on their door and introduce ET to them, and even then they would try and rip off its mask.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This is a great video!

A little word to some past posters on this thread:

not a balloon. that little dog balloon pic is just stupid too. how small is that compared to the one in the video? come on. also, the object in the video does appear to be spinning, and not affected by gusts of wind or simply drifting off in the distance.

secondly, i have an ok camera, it would probably about the same quality video as this one, and its only about 4 years old. no, not everyone has a tripod. I dont, and i live in america, quite a wealthy state for citizens as compared to, oh i dont know, brazil perhaps. come on, you shouldnt expect a fantastic wuality video from a hove video recorder. this isnt hollywood and the HD planet earth documentary we r talking about.

Great video. i think the blurryness helps the authenticity as it would be hard to insert a CGI graphic and make it go in and out fo focus the same as the background.

star and flag my friend. good find, whether authentic or not.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
That was a really interesting video , thanks a ton . It had me pressing my face against my 32" monitor after I nearly choked! I thought I saw the big basin drone for a sec lol . The high res photo's are my wallpaper so I see it all the time. I really wish that one would get cleared up......

Thanks again cool video!

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Its looks kinda like this

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

This is a CGI version of one of the Chad/CARAT/drones , and I think its by Saladfingers, not sure though.

[edit on 26-12-2007 by kthulu]

[edit on 26-12-2007 by kthulu]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
This is not a balloon, or a drone, but a photo of a unidentified craft, or organism. What I see in the video clip is clearly unidentifiable, but it is not like anything I have seen. Then again, this ufo don't always have to follow the regular patterns of ufo sightings,similar to the one I photographed.

I will say it is a ufo in the video clip-point of origin-unknown

I have the photo and negative in a safe place. If you look behind it, it is disturbing the space around it. This was taken July2002 using a Samsung35mm camera.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Could also be a flying trike....we have tons of these in Alaska:

www.flyhardtrikes.com...

Im too chicken to fly on them!

[edit on 26-12-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

What I find strange (besides the fact that São Paulo has 11 million people and apparently nobody else noticed this) is that the sound does not fit well with the images.

At a point near the end of the video, some seconds after the UFO reappearance, we can hear the woman saying that it was coming back, when it had already appeared in the image some time ago.

It could be because the audio and the video are not in sync, I don't know.

Also, I could not hear it good enough, but it sounded like the woman was the only person saying that it was a flying saucer, the children were saying that it was an airplane or some other thing.

And "logrou exito" means, more or less, "reached success".

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

It's aN ODD SHAPED KITE. And to the third poster. This is the problem with believers.

YOU GUYS HAVE TOO MUCH IMAGINATION THAT IT BLINDS YOUR ABILITY TO MAKE LOGICAL ASSESSMENT AND JUDGEMENT. It's a ballon people. MOve on to better things than grainy, shaky, unfocused, unreliable, blurry, pixelated youtube video footage with only an annoying irritating screamng boy who needs to get whacked with a baseball bat as a proof of credibility.

DNTWASTEYURTIME.

[edit on 26-12-2007 by omnicron]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by omnicron

"A kid who needs to get whacked by a baseball bat." WOW! Sounds like some anger issues there.

Great find! Not proof, but very intreguing!

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Why does it fade in and out if it is a balloon or kite? Maybe a balloon or kite with an invisibility cloak?

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
it look sort of 'drone-ish', until wind gusts made it slowly lumbur to it's inteded flying angle, and sadly at the end it becomes a perfectly symetrical 12 pointed star(if one of the points had been 4 times the length of the others, it woulda peaked my interest slightly but....anyway, Holiday themed Balloon possibly?

To me, it's pretty obvious that the video is bunk due to the fact that he stops rolling as soon as it starts getting close enough to see what "exactly" what this object might be.

If it was some stills from the first 30-45 seconds, I woulda been more interested. Cause it did look sort of Drone-ish in the beginning as I said

But videos that just end without the"craft" flying off out of view, or dissapearing completely, raise red flags to me, especially ones where the object is getting closer.

Also for the love of Pete get a tripod.

I'd have to put this piece of video in the rather boring and uneventful bin.

Now I'm not saying it was a Hoax, for all we know the Cameraman had no idea someone was flying this off in the distance, but it is a little odd that he stops filming as soon as it gets close enough to be identified.

But this video is nothing special compared to the dozen others that pop up on you-tube weekly. Sorry.

I was very hopeful too in the first 30-45 seconds while viewing that it might be something decent here.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
Is this OLD??? This thing sort of looks like the Drone. Of course ,it is a youtube video, and could be anything. I was just wondering what the people were saying in the background.I will assume they are saying"Wow its a UFO", or "What is that?". Ok here she is.

[edit on 26-12-2007 by dntwastetime]

Wow, it's near my house, but I don't remember that. :/

Maybe it happened when I was living in US. Anyway, I'll edit this post later with the exact translation of the youtube video and I'm also searching some brazilian UFO sites to check if they have any info on this case.

EDIT: Translation - (it is very poorly written in Portuguese, hehe):

-----------

um estranho objeto que á luz do dia,cruzou o céu da zona norte de São Paulo,no bairro do jardim Brasil.Isto se deu durante o tempo que se falava muito em um tal "chupa Cabra ".Veja que nao se pode dizer que é um balão,ele, em seu trajeto faz algumas tentativas para manter aberta as suas 12 garras, até o momento,que como dizem os policiais, - "logrou exito "

A strange object that, during the day, crossed the sky in the north region of São Paulo, in the neighborhood called Jardim Brasil. It happened during a time when there was a lot of talk about "chupa cabra". See that you can't say it is a ballon. During its movement, it made some attempts to keep its 12 claws open. So far, as the policemen say, it was succesful.

----------

The last statement is a bit misleading. I think he meant to say that the UFO has been succesful, so far, in remaining unidentified. But it could also mean that the UFO was succesful in keeping its claws open - which does not make any sense anyway.

EDIT 2: Now my own comments about some previous posts...

Tripods are not common here in Brazil. I've never seen or heard of a flying trike over São Paulo, so it's unlikely it was one. But, we do have several types of ballons and kites flying around pretty often, so I'd bet it was either a non-usual shaped balloon or kite.

In this case, considering it's not just a hoax, we would have to explain the fading and the chaging shape to show spikes. The fading could be passing clouds between the object and the people who were filming? About the spikes, they could have appeared later on due to the angle of the filming and/or due to gusts of wind - I mean, the spikes were initially tied to the surface of the balloon/kite, and then opened due to the wind.

[edit on 26-12-2007 by borek]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicyclerepair Man
Uh? I thought the Drone-pictures were a proven hoax, or were they not?

They were not and are still being discussed and seriously followed / discussed
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This ufo does not look like the drone. Granted it may have some spiky things on it

but as you can see here it's def NOT the drone. Or at least not the type we all know and love. This is a screen shot I "auto leveled, pasted on top of the original non-auto leveled and overlayed as "luminosity" in Photoshop.

I don't see a resemblance to any balloon either

seems real to me at this point.

b

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Yeah I agree with the above poster. This object morphs and changes shape throughout the video, and balloons don't mutate. It's also not the drone. When people start saying things like

I suspect it's an alchemy thing, where the more dung you pile onto something, at some point it reaches a kind of "critical dung mass" and turns into gold

it shows a complete disrespect not only for the topic at hand but an entire ignorant disregard for the ufo evidence at our disposal. 'Everything is a dungpile'.. I would venture to say that they are here for purely entertainment purposes and are a touch too skeptical for their own good.

I think the footage is authentic. Not everything on YouTube is BS, although it would be a comforting thought for some people to believe so.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join