It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its hard not to be Rascist when things like this happen!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   
i agree with too many people here to list them all, but i come from a group whos looked down on and feared im a paranoid skitzoeffective with sevear symptons and a dissasosciative disorder (man i know thats spelled wronge). people who know but arent extremly close to me treat me with kid gloves on afraid that if they upset me il have one of my black outs and attack them , they consider me inferior and a danger to them with out even realy knowing who i am . no one has a right to hate a catagory of people based on a few bad examples if we all did that then no one would trust anyone and there would be mob violence rulling the streets. i do belive its wronge for the police to just say "there outsiders so theres nothing we can do" i think everyman should pay for theire crimes and be able to recieve a fair and ballanced trial to determine guilt and sentencing

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I had several aboriginal friends growing up in Australia, one of which refused to take me to his house because his brother would've attacked me on sight. But I completely understand, they are what they are because of generations of persecution and torment. With little assistance, the communities have fallen into squalor, sub par living conditions and poverty, it always leads to violence, alcohol, drug abuse and crime.
The history books do not document the genocide that went on here, aboriginals at one time had a bounty on their heads, the Tasmanian aboriginals were hunted to extinction!
That being said I can walk through the city right now and guarantee to spot several kids under 12 sniffing glue and looking for excitement. Who do we blame, the parents? Who most likely too intoxicated with their own venom to care? Many of these people are caught in vicious cycle of poverty, drugs and alcohol, this is because of generations of racism, fear and anger from both sides.
Don't blame the aboriginals, blame society for the racism and blame the individual and mob mentality for the murder. Unfortunately it may take a few more generations to fix and for trust to be restored and that can only happen with kindness, understanding and education and by throwing away the hate and fear.
I'd like to see the younger aboriginals take more interest in their traditions and follow the council of their elders, as it was once and find pride in their heritage. This is a part of the solution and many elders have taken to this task.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by GlassRunner

If you must kill your enemy to save your own life you must kill! It is not sin!

It is a sin to allow a situation to get the point where a person must kill another my friend.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   
As an aussie I've seen more than my fair share of random violence by aboriginals. There are certain parts of Australia that seem to attract only the bad element, and this is what the original poster is talking about.

I honestly have lost count of the number of times I've heard police say "we can't do anything because they're aboriginal". People are so worried about being politically correct and not racist that the current laws are preventing our police force from being able to do their job. Let me give a few examples of the wonderfull things (mainly the younger) aboriginals are getting away with:

1) At my parents school, smashed four windows, broke a students arm, attacked a teacher then ran around the school taunting the other teachers - "You can't touch me you white c*s, I can do what I want I'm aboriginal you can't do anything". The punishment? Nothing. Not even suspension for a few days. Yes police were called in, but the most they could do was give the wonderfull 'innocent' little child a ride home.

2) A friend had just had a big night out and decided to sleep in the back seat of his car because he was too drunk to go home. He was woken up by a group of 30 aboriginals who smashed the car windows, dragged him out of the car and beat him up. Completely unprovoked, no rhyme or reason. He's now got two metal plates in his jaw, had 40 stiches, lost two teeth and broken three ribs. No-one was ever caught & charged, depite his ability to give descriptions of some of the individuals, and the fact that one of them was already known by police to be a trouble maker.

3) An aboriginal child around 12-13 was caught shoplifting as he was walking out the shop door. Security refused to chase him in case citing they were afraid he'd claimed racial abuse and put them up on charges.

4) Numerous gang-rapes by groups of aboriginal boys. I will admitt that in alot of these cases the girls were partly at fault for hanging with a gang that they knew were prone to carrying out acts like this (must be the whole attraction to bad boys thing), but that still doesn't excuse the gangs actions.

I'm not saying ALL aboriginals are bad, but there is a disproportionately large percentage of them that don't "play nice"... in defence of the OP, if you grew up in a town where the only aboriginals you ever met were abusive, violent and poorly educated (there are alot who are offered subsidies to attend school, yet still fail to turn up to classes), naturally you would grow up believing that that entire race is a race to be avoided. That's not racism, that's just our animalistic survival instinct kicking in. It's exactly the same as "everytime I've met a lion it's tried to eat me, therefore it's dangerous so I'll hate lions and avoid them wherever I can".

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
So the cops cant handle them? The solution is for all residents of Geraldton etc... to carry guns. 25 Aborigines are a lot. If I lived there I might even buy an automatic weapon and leave it in the car. If I were in that situation and had a gun I would definitely shoot them if they didn't flee after a warning shot.

Correction! After reading what LordGoofus posted i would DEFINITELY buy an automatic rifle and leave it in the car and definitely carry a handgun everywhere. But let me guess it's illegal to own an automatic? I'd probably be inclined to kill them all!

[edit on 27-12-2007 by GlassRunner]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by scientist

No, it's titled correctly. It is hard not to be, yet he seems to have succeeded. He's angry, and realizes it. He's not advocating, save in anger, the wholesale slaughter of Aborigenes (sp?). One says things, over the top, when one is angry that he wouldn't ordinarily say or even think. Now, if he were to continue in this vein for the next two weeks, I might revisit this opinion. I doubt the OP will.

As I understand it, from halfway around the world, that Australia, in particular Western Australia, are having quite a problem with this sort of thing, not just Aborigenes, but other, so called, disaffected minorities.

Pretending I'm a moderator, lol, let's discuss the issue, not the OP.
(wow, that was almost profound...).

The aborigenes have been treated shamefully, this is true. This doesn't in anyway excuse the behaviour of these criminals. MHO, the majority of the Aborigenes lawabiding population must step forward and help to curtail this issue, as it is definitely coloring peoples opinions of them, will they won't they.

According to some other things I've read, both here and elsewhere, it seems other groups of Australians, are just as seemingly "disaffected" and are reacting in much the same way.

Does this imply that some facets of Austrailian society are to blame? If so, which ones. Or is it just a very lawless minority that would do this sort of thing anyway. If things are so very bad for them, do they not have the right to politicize? Or even emigrate elsewhere, should their financial situation give them the ability? Why break the law, that would seem to nullify any attempt at change. Though how much change these particular criminal types are after would seem to be open to debate...

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   

The problem with your solution is that Australia has very draconian gun laws. Getting a handgun for self defence, much less an automatic weapon, is, as I understand it, next to impossible, or at the least very difficult.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Thank God for the US constitutional right to own a gun. Good luck to all you Australians!

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   

I'll second that.

It's going to come to a head in the near future, I'm afraid. Not just in Austrailia, mind you. People, ordinary law abiding types, of all ethnic and religious backgrounds are growing more and more tired of living in fear, and law enforcement being handcuffed by fear of being persecuted themselves.

It won't be pretty, but I fear it's coming.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   
well its true that Aboriginal race has more problem then white people. But hey, thats not our only problem. But it is a fact that certain races have certain bad characteristics affected by their religion or some other stupid little things. the next worst thing is people of middle east origin. It is a fact that people of middle east origin cause alot of trouble around my local area. Cronulla riots, Cumberland HS brawl, "Soldiers of Granville boys High" are all cases which men of middle east origin has committed an act of violence. briefly about the Granville boy thing. these supposedly Lebanese of origin made a video hailing a rapist and having many offensive materials such as a picture of Australia covered by the Lebanon flag and words saying "Under new management" i walk to school every day and every day i see these bunch of idiots hanging around public areas making loud noises and causing trouble. especially around shopping centers.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

Your not a racist mate, most Aussie's feel the same.
But you can't deliver tradition punishment if your a white fella.
Remember Cronulla Australia Pride

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Our problems here in AU isn't just the Native Australians.

There have been 100's of Gang related attacks on innocent members of the public all over the country.

Melbourne & Sydeny are the worst hit. Gangs od Islamic youths take over he Inner City areas at night & anyone is fair game to them.

There was even an incident where a Islamic Gang invaded a hospital in Melbourne, assaulted & beat the Staff "AND some VERY, sick Patients". They did it three times in a sngle week to prove to the locals that they owned the suburb.

A police officer was beaten to death on melbourne Central square, in front of dozens of witnesses & even on camera & still they showed no fear.

Or the young women spat on & bashed to within an inch of their lives at St. Kilda beach, for wearing Bikinis "shaming themselves before the eyes of Allah", or some such crap.

It isn't just Native Australians that make these problems. Other ethnic groups (who basically think that they can bring their own countries Laws, problems, pitfalls & extremeism), with them to their new homes. And they teach their children these values, so that they can take to the streets thinking it's OK to Kill someone for looking funny at them.

I don't really like the term Racist, becaue the term is just so singular. There are many forms of racism & varying degrees of tollorance. Not everything is plain black & white, there are many shades of gray in between.

The way I See it..

If you come to a new country to live & to escape the poverty, violence, crime, extremeism, totalitarianism, of your old country. You should be prepaired to leave all your old values behind when you come to your new home, live by their standards & obey their laws.

As for native Australians..... They are the biggest bunch of rasists in Australia!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I am ashamed to admit their are so many Australians whose views on this board are so blatantly misinformed, racist and whose ability to understand the behavior of others is superficial at best.

As an Australian with vast contact with the true owners of this land, i do get hope that there are however those of you who understand so well the trauma and humiliation the Aboriginal population of Australia has had to endure over the last 219 years since European settlement.

Aboriginals believe in what is known as "Kanyini" - the connectedness of all things. Kanyini is made up of four components: ngura, the land; walytja, family; tjukurrpa, belief system; and kurunpa, spirituality. These strands have been cut, one by one, so that now Aborigines are disconnected from their culture which also happens to be probably the oldest known culture in the world. Further alienated from white culture, many Aborigines are in limbo. Floating in space.

I do not blame Aboriginals for wanting to escape through means of addiction and petrol sniffing from the reality of what has been done to them and their culture. Many white Australians see a drunk Aboriginal and judge them according to their own experience of the world without even attempting to understand what it is like to be an Aboriginal in Australia today. This is the seedling of the racist views being expressed on here and as i said, i am ashamed of my fellow Australians who express such views.

Please know that not all of us are lacking in the compassion, understanding and hope that one day White Australia will be able to learn from the Aboriginal owners of the land we are guests in - who as a civilisation lasted 40,000 years as a healthy proud people and maintained an environment which was rich with food and rivers which were full - something our own society has failed to do.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
That is a sad story mazzroth and I feel for you. The only way for these people to be set in place is by the people of the community. It would honestly take everyone in that town to come out of their homes, into the streets and seriously take a stand on what happen and to find out which one killed. If the police won't do anything about it then it's time for the community to stand. I don't mean a riot that ends up killing people, but a stand in the town with everyone available. Confront the aboriginals with or without the police. Let them know you've had enough and it's time for justice.

I know, the world doesn't work like that anymore.
People are afraid and scared to take a good stand in their communities anymore. As long as it doesn't happen to that person or this person and their families then everythings ok. It's the people who can change the situation. Leave it up to the government employed and it will never get done the right way. I'm sick of hearing these stories and the towns just go on with business. It's like we've been groomed to go on and let the authorities handle it. If you love your town and most of the people who live there, then it's up to you and others to make a difference.

Ok, now everyone can jump on me for feeling this way, but what happen to " the people " who used to care and stand up for whats right? That generation is gone.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
this thread should be titled "It's not hard to be racist when you are ignorant and have anger issues."

Anger issues. Hmmmm...It's funny you should say that. I felt the same thing when I read the following:

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
Also, if you choose to be racist, dont ever expect me to agree with you. We're all human, we're all made of flesh and blood. We all bleed the same color.... people like you are the reason i get in so many fights at the bar.

Emphasis added.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by LordGoofus

[i[Originally posted by LordGoofus
I honestly have lost count of the number of times I've heard police say "we can't do anything because they're aboriginal". People are so worried about being politically correct and not racist that the current laws are preventing our police force from being able to do their job.

It sounds like they have a different legal standard than you do. Are they not subject to the same laws that everyone else is?

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

If you want people to understand you in proper context, you need to present that proper context from the beginning. You cannot blame any of us for our reactions based on your initial post. Neither can you restrict who will respond and how they will respond to something volatile that you place in an open forum.

It is *your* job to make *your* argument and present the necessary facts. It is not the job of everyone else on this board to come by later and clarify things for you, especially if you have experiential data that cannot be obtained through research. Denying ignorance begins first with the OP. If you have left out significant and relevant information, it is (in my opinion) bad form to then chastise people (especially those foreign to your country) for not having the information. I *did* actually look into the situation and NEVERTHELESS, I stand by my own initial post. I appreciate the information added on by Chop and you; I still feel that these sorts of problems exist all over the world, and even in the light of additional information, I am not swayed.

/tn.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by teleonaut]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   

It was meant to be a rhetorical question, but I always appreciate your well reasoned posts.
Personally, the topic of racism never enters my mind where self preservation is involved.

_________________________________________________________________________-

From some of the latest posts from our friends from OZ, it seems that there is a serious police policy problem involved there. Of course if you allow the worst element of any kind free reign, they’re going to raise bloody hell. We have the beginnings of this here in the American SW, where illegal immigrants are routinely turned loose even if driving without a license or caught in an actual crime. This is how the globalists destabilize a society. It gives you something more immediate to worry about than how your national sovereignty, etc. is being stolen from you.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   

You are an a-hole.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

Did this post make you feel any better? It certainly didn't do it for me.

It is best to make clear and concise arguments based on either solid fact or your personal opinions sans vulgarity in order to keep the flow of discussion from getting derailed by ego battles.

It should be well documented by now that I oppose the OP's view and managed to do so without resorting to name-calling or vulgarity (although in retrospect, I may have dropped a bit of a sarcasm overdose, sarcasm is not inherently vulgar). I also oppose the sort of reply that you just posted, regardless of how I feel about the OP's opinions. He is upset, and in all honesty, rightfully so. I am just of the opinion that condemning an entire race of people is overkill.

And though I consider myself as falling under the modern cliche of "spiritual but not religious," I am quite familiar with the central texts of the major religions, and I was reared by a Christian family. Isn't it sort of counter-productive to have a signature quoting the Book of Mark and to then be nasty to someone online? Consider the Book of James, chapter 2, particularly verses 1-13. For extra credit, consider chapter 3 in its entirety.

/tn.

Edited to correct subject-verb disagreement in final paragraph.

[edit on 28-12-2007 by teleonaut]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join