It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its hard not to be Rascist when things like this happen!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Why do you have to reduce a CRIMINAL to a race or skin color? Why the ignorance? This site's motto is "Deny Ignorance" and its seems that it makes no difference. I guess applying logic to your posts isn't something you're familiar with huh?

Criminals are everywhere, just like ignorance. And to get angry at a whole race because of the actions of a few is truly ignorant.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I’m a Texan, but I can relate to the OP and the other posters from down under in this respect: I have been attacked/robbed only a few times in my life, but each time it has been by the exact same demographic. Is it racist of me to now be more wary of this demographic? I have not prejudged anyone, I am acting from experience. While I understand the socio/economic reasons for their behavior, am I simply to ignore the threat that experience has shown me that they present? There are no easy answers in cases where an indigenous population has been taken over by a people and culture they find it difficult to assimilate into, but one thing is certain, a government ignoring or condoning crime on the basis of race is a sure prescription for civil unrest. But then perhaps that’s the point; divide and conquer don’t you know.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChronMan
Why do you have to reduce a CRIMINAL to a race or skin color? Why the ignorance? This site's motto is "Deny Ignorance" and its seems that it makes no difference. I guess applying logic to your posts isn't something you're familiar with huh?

Criminals are everywhere, just like ignorance. And to get angry at a whole race because of the actions of a few is truly ignorant.

Deny Ignorance.

Id normally agree, but see the link in my post and you'll figure out its not just a few people.
Its a common occurance happening more and more, with fatal consequences.

there's a mentality in the Aboriginal community that violence = fun.
Especially amongst the new generations...

As another poster said its very difficlt for people outside to comment on it, and comment on it in terms of reality.
We probably sound racist, but you havent seen the reality here on the ground.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant
reply to post by mazzroth

Actually yea its easy to NOT be racist when stuff like that happens. Like remembering it's not a entire RACE that did this but individuals.

exactly, its easy to NOT be rascist.

That only perpetuates all this stupidity.

Forgive each other. It is the right thing to do.

Overcome that temptation, for retribution of the past.
Nothing can change it. But you can prevent it yourself.

By forgiving those who screwed up.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
*Sigh*... I really shouldn't even post on a thread like this because I become too emotionally charged. To me, this just further supports my notion that we are living on an increasingly growing #ball that needs sprayed down with acid real good. You know, a great cleansing.

As far as whether or not this should make you a racist. I vote, no. This is an attack by some shameless individuals, and cowards I might add, who really should be no reflection of a whole group of people.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

True, but you cant continaully forgive, over and over and over and over and over and over..... eveantually you start seeing the reality.

Now, youve got to understand, this is a totally different situation to the US.
Its a whole new ballgame out here.

I do not consider myself a racist person, I love cultures and different people.
I have strong feelings of disgust and anger towards people ( ie Bush ) but when it comes to coloured people they fascinate me more than white people, simply because of their differences.

But I can say hoenstly, that there's a very big problem growing in regards to the Aboriginals in Australia.

Its not like negro's, africans etc etc...

This bashing?... is a common occurance.
see that word, COMMON.

They prey on the weak, in large numbers.. they use botles, knives, wood, metal.. absolutley anything and everything to ensure you dont have a chance.

This isnt a society based group.

There are excellent aboriginies in the community that focus on life, love and respect. We have many celebs and sports stars too...

But they are very rare, thin and far between and unfortunatly they are all older generation...

the aboriginies coming up in todays society, with welfare, public housing, weed and alcohol... are a major blight on Australian society, and Australias Aboriginal history.

So dont call people racist, when you have no clue as to whats going on in the streets over here.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

It must be a whole different ball game over there.

We don't call people colored or negroes here in America anymore.

You mentioned Aboriginal sports stars and celebrities. Maybe if they did some public service announcements denouncing the violence it would help.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The human race needs to wake up to itself!!!!!!! being racist is an INSTINCT? NO sorry but it is severe mass mind control on the human race, all biological species in the dark realm is programmed by the evil creator. ALL needs to eat, sleep and work like slaves just to survive. They make us die and get reborn again into the same illusion to suck our energy to sustain this false creation.

The distruction on indigenous people is no accident, everything is by design.

We are spiritual beings that have been trapped in the physical! remember where we came from!!!!!! we will go home once this matrix self distructs.

We need to wake up and seek the truth, this is why people will never realize who the real enemies are. EVIL aliens are behind everything, they can go into human and animal vessels but the conciousness is an ALIEN ONE! So can a light being working in the rescue mission to take us back home! Now you know why the elite can be so evil, alien minds are behind our programming. They were were born here in this dark realm, but not beings of the true LIGHT! do not be tempted by this world.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Chop,

It's the same old ballgame here in the US. Except instead of Aboriginals in the 1900s, it was Native Americans in the 16, 17, 1800s. Now, (lucky for us civilized Americans
) the vast majority of Native Americans have died out because of European influence. Their culture and population is nearly non-existent. Maybe you Australians may be lucky enough to say the same one day.

Pitiful.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
I don't hate the people in a general sense and I know some are good people but the majority are not. I had many black friends growing up and every single one would stab you in the back sooner or later when he or she gets around their black friends.

And I'm sure that you are a racist pile of garbage any time you get around your white friends.

Your comments sicken me and you've made it to my ignore list.

I'm just glad to know that I'm one of the 'good ones'.

(I had a lot more comments, but I don't think you're worth the warning I'd get for posting them)

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I always took native Americans to be cochure people.... nice n natural..

I mustnt of met enough.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   

No one is nice and natural when they're driven off their land by foreigners and killed by the millions.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I'm in the US military and I went to Australia back in June. Granted not a lot of people liked us there, I saw more people hated the Aboriginals more than us. I'm in no way racist, but I did see how the Aboriginals acted. They didn't try to help themselves at all. They were violent, always begging for money. I saw this within a span of two months. I could be wrong about these people because I was in Rockhampton which isn't the biggest city at all. But what I saw didn't impress me at all.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
There are Aboriginal doctors, lawyers, actors, senators, policemen, firefighters, and just about everything else. Don't tell me they didn't impress you, because I'd defy you to do the work that some of them do.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I got sick of reading the pros and cons of this subject so if what I have to say has already been done so I'm sorry. Slighting all Aboriginals is of course wrong, but understandable under these circumstances. Many respondents overlooked the fact that after an initial skirmish the attackers went away to collect more of their kind as despite the overwhelming odds, the scum needed more back-up. They were actually stealing alcohol from the deceased and his family and took offence at anyone complaining.
Ok! The filth that make up a large proportion of the Australian Aboriginal population of Geraldton are bone-idle, welfare receiving, child-molesting, wife beating scum with 40,000 years of tradition to uphold. They take and destroy most of what they receive and sell to buy drink the rest. They are not the noble Red Man of American native tales, but stone age throw backs who don't want to move forward in case they lose something they never had.
There are however many Australian Aboriginal who will be equally sickened by the attacks and saddened that their race is so out of control. But blood is definitely thicker than water with Aboriginals and the clans will close ranks and the perpetrators will only be located by some dogged police work. If convictions are gained, some two handed wanker in robes will feel sorry that Aboriginals where baited by a whiteman by having alcohol where Aborignals could smell it, and suspend the sentence and warn the victims family not to do it again.
No, all aboriginals cannot be blamed, but they could do a lot more to stop this happening again!

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
echo, rockingham isnt too bad.
Its more suburbia than say, kwinana, or armadale or area's in east perth.

But good to see someone knows the local spots.

There's good people in all society rasp,

unfortunately, its very rare if at all you see mobs of white guys walking the streets, drunk... beating people up.

sure it happens, but id confidently say that for every 10 bashings committed in Perth at night, atleast 8 of them are aboriginal.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
There are Aboriginal doctors, lawyers, actors, senators, policemen, firefighters, and just about everything else. Don't tell me they didn't impress you, because I'd defy you to do the work that some of them do.

We have plenty of doctors who work exclusively for aboriginals, there is a whole legal system called Aboriginal Legal aid to help them. The actors are few like Ernie Dingo, Aaron Pederson and David Gulpilil but after those very thin. Senators we had one called Aden Ridgeway but to imply they fill all these positions is ludicrous in the extreme.

If the Government changed its laws and made anyone attacking people and property in numbers greater than 2 so that it be considered an act of terrorism things may be different. Then the do gooders couldn't keep shouting "Rascist" like they do now which basically makes the roaming gangs of any nationality above the law.

These "wilding" Aborigines are creating terror, not the Anglo's or Italians or Greeks but the same simpleltons think they are so much better sitting in their Ivory Towers shouting out "You Rascist" when in fact they are aiding and abeting terrorism in its purest form. You Supporter's of Terrorism make me sick.

BTW www.thewest.com.au...

I have noticed that now any reference to the group being Aboriginal removed form the media peices, can anyone guess why ?

[edit on 27-12-2007 by mazzroth]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistor
I’m a Texan, but I can relate to the OP and the other posters from down under in this respect: I have been attacked/robbed only a few times in my life, but each time it has been by the exact same demographic. Is it racist of me to now be more wary of this demographic?

WHen you put it into sterile terms like that, it's too vague to really call racist. For example, if you live in an area where a majority of the people in poverty are SKA (Skin Color "A"), then it's not accurate to assume all SKAs are criminals. I would just realize that if I see someone in that particular area, to be on guard.

Now if you have lived in 10 different cities with all different demographics, and every city only SKAs are committing crimes, well - I'd like to see those stats / reports first before I speculate on what it would mean.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

You have a right to be angry but you have no right to be racist. Ever.

By your logic we are all guilty considering we are all from one race - the human race. And do you know what? You are right. We must all accept responsibilty when incident like this one occur.

We are all part of the problem and we must all be part of the solution.

Take some time out and chill

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
I am just tired that our PC politicians and police wont put a stop to this kind of crap.

You do realise that you ,as humanbeing with a brain and a heart, can also help put a stop to 'this kind of crap'. Maybe if individuals and communities were more accepting and showed more love and respect for each other we wouldn't be having this conversation.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join