It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its hard not to be Rascist when things like this happen!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
What a terrible story. I hope whomever is responsible is apprehended.

While reading all of this, the article and comments, I am just wondering how you would feel if the situation was reversed. What if the person killed was the Aboriginal? Would it have even shown up in the papers in Austrailia then? I get the impression you wouldn't mind if the reverse would have happend. Would you feel like the white person was being racist if they had done the crime?

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
this thread should be titled "It's not hard to be racist when you are ignorant and have anger issues."

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Sigh

I believe in right is right. The major powderkeg of infuriation is that a race of people are 'allowed' to get away with this stuff under pretense of aboriginal status. Raping and pillaging while the magistrates look on. You do the crime, you do the time. I don't care if your Jesus Christ's 35 cousin.
To be able to flounce the law is enough to send anyone over the edge.
Put your anger focused on where it should though, the judicial system, not the race.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Apparently you are indeed a shameless racist or should I be more specific, a bigot.

Sorry chum that could have happened anywhere and any racial or economic of social demographic could have committed it. The fact that they were aborginals is incidental.

When are you fools going to get it in your heads that the memories and resentments of enslavement, treatment as property or as second or third class citizens (or even denied the right to be one) abuse, theft of land or children and a wholesale destruction of a culture by forced indoctrination etc. last generations be it American Indians, Autralian Aborginies, African slaves...

...the next time you rail against race and put yourself up on a pedestal over someone else try and envision how different you would be if you experinced the rampant prejudice they do and/or what their parents and grand parents etc experienced....first off you wouldn't be you.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
OP I do understand what you are saying. If most people would be honest they too would see that they all have a bit of racism within themselves. It is a normal human feeling.

Sadly, too many folks want to be considered above being the least bit racist. Hogwash, let the same thing happen to them that happened in your story and see how they react.

From what I read you are not proud nor do you condone racism. You are simply relating a very sad happening and saying how it has made you feel.

Let the number crunchers figure this one out. Maybe with some solid statistics of what races commit the most crime these sweet pacifist will better understand why I too am a bit racist.

It is a tribal instinct we all still have. A lot of tree hugging-fish releasing peaceniks would react and feel the same as you if they were involved in a similar situation.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Speaking as an ethnic person, I love my people and I love ALL people. OP, I do not know the full history of the goings-on in your country, but I can say this with certainty, your generalization is completely and utterly wrong. I am a person of mixed heritage. I am African American, West Indian, and Portugese. As most black woman are characterized, we are all on welfare, all have multiple children by multiple fathers, and we do nothing to help ourselves. I have no children, have 2 degress, and have never been on government assistance in my life. I have 2 younger brothers who are both in college and are set to graduate with their Engineering degrees within the next year. Never once been in trouble the law. We don't have rich parents, as a matter of fact, we come from a broken home where OUR FATHER raised us, and not our mother. Not because she was on drugs and not becuase she wasn't capable, but because our father WANTED to be a prominent example in our lives. Our life situation alone, surpasses so many molds and stereotypes that are placed on African Americans and proves that no one race can be placed under the same umbrella based on behavior and assumptions.

Now, some of the other posters have expressed that it is a natural inclination to be racist at times or at least have a racist thought. We ALL are guilty of it. It can be said that a majority of the high profile child molestation and abduction cases include a white man as the perpetrator. All snipers and school shooters are normally white people. Does that mean every young white kid in a black coat is gonna shoot up a school or has thought about it? Does that mean all creepy looking old white men are child molesters? All muslims in turbans are terrorists? NO! I know this is getting redundant, but we have got to stop this. We are entitled to our thoughts, but we cannot allow them to change our behavior. This fuels the fire. For example, if I live in an apartment complex and my neighbor is Mexican, Black, Muslim..any of the races that are stereotyped as being violent, and every day we to go to work and come home at the same time. If I were to openly clutch my purse every time we bumped into each other in the parking lot, elevator, mailbox, etc., this person could make the valid assumption that I am racist and that I am assuming that he is violent and will rob me. Now imagine this guy getting the same look from someone else when we goes to lunch, goes to the store. Everywhere. It would be a mistake for him to assume that ALL people of this certain race were racist because of the reactions of many. You have no idea how many times people (white, black, asian, latino, etc.) are shocked at my intellect, the fact that I have no children, that i am educated, and can speak correct English... WTF???

This post is getting long, so i'll sum it up to this... There can be many generalizations made about many types of people... economic, racial, sexist.. but you CANNOT place a label across the board to any one group. There will always be exceptions. We all have 2 things in common no matter what. We are all humankind, we all live on Earth... The police in the OP's region are afraid to prosecute those that do wrong in fear of being labeled racist??? ABSURD! Sounds like a serious problem within your law enforcement if they care about what people say as oppossed to seeking justice for those that deserve it. Instead of working against each other, ALL races need to put our various histories behind us and figure out a way to save this planet from whatever eminent destruction is headed our way..... And if we can't save ourselves, we can at least prove to ourselves that we are a strong species capable of surpassing ignorant behavior and we can start paying attention to more serious issues war, hunger, and evil governments
. I know it sounds cheesy, but I'd rather be a happy hippie than walking around hating folks I don't know because of something they didn't do

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
In the last two years here in my neighborhood we have had an influx of Blacks and Mexicans move in and things have gone to hell. My house was robbed along with lots of others. The store down the street has been robbed and shot up among just plain vandalized over and over.
We had a nice quiet neighborhood and now we have to think about moving because of the trash that has moved in. If say I catch a black or Mexican in my house and I have to shoot him, Then what? I have fifty of them outside of my house yelling and vandalizing my home. I would more than likely get mad and shoot most of them in the street and I go to jail or get shot by the police that wont do there dam job because they are to lazy or scared.
I wasn't born a racist they just make you become one.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth

If your an Aboriginal in Australia hang your head in shame at this event on Christmas day of all things. Call me a rascist or what ever you like but today I am, and have had a gutfull of these pathetic scumbags. If I calm down I might have to edit this post but for now my anger and rage is at boiling point, I feel like retribution using "payback" in their own traditions to teach them a lesson on civility.

Would you say they were some street gang or would you say they were group of aboriginal families?

To be a scumbag you do not need to be an Aborigine for there are plenty across all races. I have one question, if you read about an Aborigine that is innocently killed by whites will you also view all whites as scumbags?

[edit on 26-12-2007 by Xtrozero]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I don't understand the post at all. Sure, in this case Aborigines killed a person. But do white people not kill people or commit crimes in Australia? The OP is making it out like these people are the only ones who commit any violent crimes and therefore they should be hated based on the fact that their black skin has made them evil. I don't care if there are only 1000 Aborigines living on the planet and 999 are bad guys and 1 of them good. You can't hate ALL Aborigines because 1 of them was good. Your feelings are the exact definition of racism and hatred. Congratulations, you have not denied ignorance and you have let everyone here know exactly whom you really are inside.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
calmer heads have prevailed again....

yo mazz...ahhh, nevermind.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
In the last two years here in my neighborhood we have had an influx of Blacks and Mexicans move in and things have gone to hell. My house was robbed along with lots of others. The store down the street has been robbed and shot up among just plain vandalized over and over.
We had a nice quiet neighborhood and now we have to think about moving because of the trash that has moved in. If say I catch a black or Mexican in my house and I have to shoot him, Then what? I have fifty of them outside of my house yelling and vandalizing my home. I would more than likely get mad and shoot most of them in the street and I go to jail or get shot by the police that wont do there dam job because they are to lazy or scared.
I wasn't born a racist they just make you become one.

The problem you have is not so much a racial problem as much as a social/economical problem. As what starts out as a middle class neighborhood over the years the value many times either goes down or stagnates. This creates a situation where the lower income classes take advantage of this and move into the area that they could not afford before.

With lower income also brings undesirables of all races for a black crack addict is the same as a white one. This is not saying that there are not very descent low income families, but the percentage of problems increase as you go down the social/income ladder.

The house I lived in when I was very young was a great place. It was about 100 houses built around a private park with a common swimming pool. This was very advance for middle class in the early 1960s. 25 years later that place was a mess with the term crack houses as a good description. So the problem I think you are facing is you need to move back into a middle class neighborhood.

The reason you see blacks and Mexicans as the makeup of this poorer class coming to your area is only because they just happen to make up a large percentage of the poorer class for your area. In another area it could easily be a totally different makeup of people.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Replying to SkyWaytcher... Unfortunately I understand you being upset about that situation. Anytime your home, your peace, is compromised by anyone, it is disturbing. But again, YOU CANNOT ASSUME THAT ALL MEXICANS AND AFRICAN AMERICANS ARE THE SAME. :-( You can say the Mexicans and African Americans that are doing these illegal things in your state in that city in that neighborhood are violent, destructive good for nothings, but you cannot say that the whole race is representative of that. "They" as you say don't make you feel like anything because I am of African American and Latino descent and I didn't do anything to you. I am included in "they" and if your police department would help in solving the issue, I'm pretty sure "I" wouldn't go to jail along with the rest of the Mexicans and African Americans. Again, like the OP, maybe your issue is with your local law enforcement. If they are too scared to handle a problem, they shouldn't be police officers.

Our American government has no problem going into other countries to bring "justice" to those who have "done wrong" but yet we're scared to fight for justice here? In our own backyard? I've been called the N-bomb before and have been terrified to venture into certain neighborhoods of a certain state for fear of being labeled as something I'm not and retaliated against for it. I don't hate the race of the person who said it. Hello? What sense does that make???? I've lost friends because my friend's parents didn't want them coming to my house because I had 2 black brothers and they were scared for their child's safety All because of assumptions. From my previous post, we all came out great and avoided the "system" as so many of my people like to call it. Don't get me wrong, I'm ticked off at the Mexican and Black people who fuel these stereotypes, and actually ARE violent, lazy people, such as in your case. But they, just like you, are a victim of ignorance. And there are plenty of white people and other people of other races that exude the same qualities. All races have their generalizations and until "we", humankind, as a whole wake the hell up and take responsibility for our own actions, sitting around frowning and being racists all day is not gonna help a doggone thing. It's all a Dominio effect... and a never ending cycle. White people don't want to be blamed for the slavery that existed hundreds of years ago in America just like I don't want to be blamed nor my brothers for the dumb crap that someone else does to someone else. So I guess it's okay to hang Saddam Hussein's extended family too because they're guilty of association? A child molester's whole family should be put on the sex offender list because they must all be child molester's right? Why not find out why those in your neighborhood are like that... Bad parenting? Lack of education? Bad drug/gang area? Why don't we actually put effort into changing situations which will in turn change the people instead of just hating the people? I hate to say it because there are so many who need help in all parts of the Earth, but if the big money makers and movers and shakers of the charity world (Oprah, Angelina, and multitudes of others) would put the same energy into to solving the problems such as lack of education, healthcare and aid in America, then we would be helping to produce American children of all races that can in turn continue to help others here at home and then abroad. Can't clean up someone else's backyard if yours isn't. If major companies wouldn't mainly outsource to major outside countries then we'd have more jobs here. There are alot of little changes that a lot of people could make that would change the bigger picture.... And we can start with supressing, managing and ultimately changing our racist points of view....Which will then enable us to want the best for all which will in turn.....so on and so forth

But I digress, we're still stuck on hating alot of people for no reason

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Its the neighborhood that backs up to mine, They cant afford to live in mine but they are affecting everyone around them. I don't hate the people in a general sense and I know some are good people but the majority are not. I had many black friends growing up and every single one would stab you in the back sooner or later when he or she gets around their black friends.
The Mexicans that are here need to get out, They have five or six cars parked in their yard and I bet some have fifteen people in one house. Most of them are Illegals and I cant stand them. My Buddie who is a new home contractor Foreman catches them putting trash in peoples walls and even doing worse things to peoples new homes.
I am just tired that our PC politicians and police wont put a stop to this kind of crap.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Aside from the obvious logical fallacies with your race-related comments, and your seeming endorsement of vigilantism despite your disapproval of murder, I find it interesting that you seem especially aghast that this happened on Christmas.

(I'm going to use the word "evil" here to mean "characterized or accompanied by misfortune or suffering; unfortunate; disastrous" not "the Devil and his minions...")

Evil does not go on vacation. Evil does not take smoke breaks. Evil is not inherent to any one race or species. Evil does not ask if you have time to fit its appearance into your schedule. Evil does not feel that it must fight a fair fight. Evil is not interested in your feelings. Evil is not bound by your morality. To borrow from our old pal Forrest, evil is as evil does. I pulled up Drudge Report and followed a few links. Here are four stories that I was able to locate in less than two mouse-clicks:

Christmas Shootings in Brooklyn and the Bronx...

Wife's Dead Body Found Under Christmas Tree in UK...

Family Massacred near Seattle on Christmas Eve...

Escaped Tiger Kills Man...

You planning on flying to all those places and exacting revenge or lecturing on civility there as well? If nothing else, plan on making a few posts about how whites, blacks, and tigers should all hang their heads in shame? Going to teach that tiger a lesson? Or are you a *localist* too? Only Western Australian deaths matter? Only Western Australian deaths committed by Aborigines?

The next time you get this riled up, consider sleeping on it before you start a thread that casts both the "bad guys" and you in such a disparaging light.

/tn.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

In my experience, anyone will stab you in the back sooner or later, especially if one has a group of friends whose thoughts and ideas differ vastly from your own. That's the nature of the beast. You'd do it too if the situation was right. So would I. People, in general, just are not good enough to each other to overcome that sort of behavior 100% of the time.

/tn.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Youve got to look at this in the correct light.
www.australian-news.com.au...

Aboriginals have been doing this for some time, and continue to do this because the LAW doesnt take the hard steps needed.

Walking around Northbridge at night ( the entertainment area of Perth CBD ) its crawling with young ( under 12 ) aboriginie children, mingling with 40+ drunken aboriginies doing nothing but hassling, robbing and bashing happy innocent party goers.

you dont have to do ANYTHING... if they decide 'your weak' then youd better be prepared to defend yourself against a horde of drunken, un-moralistic aboriginies... who will laugh at you, while they spit on you, jump on your head.

Now, think about this..

a family man... was playing cricket with his family on a beach on Xmas day.. when he noticed a couple of men stealing his drinks from his picnic setup..
he approached them, and probably told them to f'off...

a decent person for one, wouldnt be stealing.
a civilised person for 2.. wouldnt return with 25+ friends.. and kill the man.

this is to common of aboriginals.

If he had a major beef with this famil man, he should of stood his ground and took him on there and then, mono - e - mono...

but he went and got 25+ friends... thats disgusting.
he thought about this, planned this and executed this.... it wasnt a flash anger or anything,
he went to his mates, and said lets get the crew, and go kill this white man.

now, if an aboriginal family were playing cricket,. and a whiteman stole his drinks... only to return with 25+ redneck white boys and kill this aboriginal family man.. could you imagine the reprecussions that would occur agaisnt white people by aboriginal people?

I remember 2 specific incidents.. that had cctv footage last year.

1. a asian couple were sitting at the Mt Lawley train station.. minding their own business... ( there's CCTV footage that was on the news )
when ground of about 5-6 young aboriginies.. ( 15-20) men and women... for no reason other than theft.
bashed this couple. the cctv footage was shocking.
young aboriginie girls swinging punches at the asian lady, while the others surrounded them....

2. a transit cop ( train police ) was helping a white man who was being bashed by 5-6 aboriginal men
she wasnt attacking aynone or anything, just helpin the men to his feet.. ( once again CCTV footages was displayed ) when one of the aboriginal men, with a long ( 1.5m ) piece of 2x4 came from the side, and took an almighty swing smashing the policewomen in her ribs...

I myself have been bashed by a gorup of aboriginals, when i found them breaking into my car...

the stories you could hear if you sit down with a group of working men/women in Australia will astound you.

this is not an isolated case..

Aboriginal elders need to start reigning in their people, or they should hang their heads in shame.
they are considered the leaders, the wise and destined people of the aboriginal culture.. yet, no one speaks up or disciplines the younger ones...

and now, sadly a family man who was doing nothing but playing cricket with his family, on XMAS day lays 6ft under.... while his family is ruined and will never be the same again.

this aboriginal man?... will go to jail... to be amongst a prison full of aboriginal men..
I have no doubt he will laugh when he tells the story of how he and his mates gangbashed this 'whitefella' over a 6pack.

[edit on 26-12-2007 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
For anyone here commenting that doesn't have any ascociation with Australian Aboriginals please refrain from commenting as you have no idea at all and its showing with your comments. Do any of you even know about "Payback" ? no I didn't think so let me tune you in. If a Aborigine commits a crime against another their laws provide for a spearing of the criminal, now they shudder in total fear of this retribution as its harsh but has been their form of punishment for 10 000+ years.

Anglo laws don't allow "Payback" to happen and what is happening because of all the do gooders in this country crying rascism they are going totally unpunished and hence the total and utter "wilding" in packs of up to 100, they call it wilding not me.

Yes it was their country and we invaded, but indigenous populations the world over are in similar positions and prosper. Before you comment I challenge you to come and spend a week with a family here and then comment, Tennant Creek is a good starting point if you wanna take me up on this.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Yep, saw it on the news and it totally pisses me off!! I've always been on the train of thought of an idiot is an idiot. A moron is a moron and a piece of Sh!t is a piece of Sh1T no matter what their race or country of origin.

I've seen the biggest idiots in every country that I've lived and visited. Didn't matter if they were old, young, white, black, Asian, etc... It always comes down to the few A-holes giving a bad name to everyone else and ruining everyone's time and rights.

This is a guaranteed wherever you go. But, it really sucks when it occurs on a day that is revered by everyone for love and sharing. I really do hate seeing bad things happening to good people or innocent bystanders!!

My .000000000000000000000000000002 cents

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Reading the posts of the Australians on this thread, it is quite obvious that this horrible incident is an illustration of a dangerously dysfunctional society--in reality two societies that simply cannot coexist. The aboriginal culture has so completely disintegrated that it has reached anarchy, and packs of wilding youth have become so nihilistic that they are attacking Australians for sport. Hardened to being able to perpetrate this level of mindless violence also makes them immune to the threat of policing, which is imposed on them from a foreign authority they are implicitly attacking as well. Really the situation is a mix between A Clockwork Orange and Mad Max.

The problem is so fundamental and the groups so completely antithetical to each other in mentality and traditions, economics and education, that you really don't know where and how to begin to reverse it. It's a monumental "clash of civilizations" if ever there was one, and the aborigines were crushed by it and quite obviously many of them live in a kind of post-apocalyptic world.

On the human level you must despise the violence; on the societal level you must pity it.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
All right so basically your saying that you can justify being a racist becsause of the actions of a small group of individuals..... makes a lot of sense to me...not.

If you want to hear it plainly, i'm guessing you've had some sort of pent up racial agression before and this is just an excuse for you to come right out and say it.

The actions of few should not put a whole entire group of people in check.... Theres been plent of individuals who have done things to make people extrememly upset.... but by your logic if one person or small group decides to make a bad decision the whole race should be blamed..... doesnt make much sense buddy.

If you CHOOSE to be racist thats entirely up to you, but to label an entire race bad becasue of the actions of one or a few is rediculous.

Also, if you choose to be racist, dont ever expect me to agree with you. We're all human, we're all made of flesh and blood. We all bleed the same color.... people like you are the reason i get in so many fights at the bar.

You can try and justify it however you want, but i know who the real problem is when it comes down to race.... its people like you.

I TOTALLY agree. Who gives the natives alcohol anyway huh? The government - do some homework u racist.

[edit on 26-12-2007 by Junglistix]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join