It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An ideological revolution?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
When is the Constitutional Revolution happening in the US?

As Ron Paul showed, there are so many people in the US eager for change and now realize that their salvation comes not only from the Bible but also the Constitution! It has been written to protect America, its values and its people.

My idea and hope is that someone with the heart and wallet, steps up and provides for free a small hard copy of the constitution to every American in age of voting. This book would outline every rights Americans have and encourage them to vote.

Imagine if everyone carried a little book of rights with them? The effects on US politics would be dramatically altered, Freedom and Democracy would prevail at last!

I know this is costly as there are 300 millions Americans, but it has considerable support and I am sure thousands of people, politicians, around the world, would donate and contribute to such cause.

With the power of the Internet, it is made much simpler. People could order their free copy, a database of people and addresses and a donation link.

Cultural revolution have happened in other countries, it can happen in the USA too. Let the people take charge of themselves

And I almost forgot...Happy new year everyone!

[edit on 25-12-2007 by TheOracle]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
OKaay since no one is interested I might do it myself, anyone know a good site hosting company?

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I know a guy (or know of, I should properly say) that gives away copies of the Constitution. Anyone motivated enough can get a hard copy for cheap. Call or mail away and get a copy in soft cover for a dollar-

www.senate.gov...

Of course, the Constitution is a collection of words until you become familiar with what the words actually mean and the context in which they were framed. I had a link in my signature for a long time that I thought was useful. I finally replaced it and have no idea whether or not anyone ever used it. I'm guessing, not.

Anyway, here it is again-

Constitution Class taught by Mike Badnarik. Mike ran for president as a Libertarian in 2004, but whether or not you agree with the principles of Libertarianism, it's an extremely useful exercise to view his class, IMHO. Free on-line education. More people should take advantage of it.

Mike lived in my dorm in college and we weren't great friends or anything, but I knew who he was and we had some friends in common. Not that it matters, just sayin'.

The point being, unless you have an understanding of the Constitution, it's just words on paper. Very interesting to really dig into it and see how far afield we've gone. And we've gone this far afield because way too many people don't understand their rights and consequently are oblivious when they're usurped.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Any one with internet at home, work, or perhaps even only the library doesn't need a hard copy of the Constitution.

This is the first copy that came up on Google: www.law.cornell.edu...

new topics

top topics

join