It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time, Technology and Evolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Time and evolution go hand in hand. First we have to ask what is the nature of time.

Einstein said the difference between past, present and future is just an illusion. If the past, present and future exist simultaneously then our world breaks down. Our universe in perception is real but in reality is virtual.

We are a 3-dimensional version of an absolute reality. This absolute reality has an infinite amount of local realities or parallel universes.

This is why I think time travel is possible. I think if you were to travel faster than light, you would reach the end of our time loop. You could then travel backwards in time to any moment instantly.

See time is linked to space, hence space-time. As space expands time slows down because it takes light longer to travel through space.

So time = the expansion of space + the speed of light. Your perception of reality depends on the rate of speed you travel through space-time.

This is where evolution comes in. I actually think people are living longer because time is slowing down as space expands. A million years from now people living to 160 to 170 years old will be common. I actually think new technology is directly linked to evolution. Some call it the singularity and we will reach a point where we are totally linked to technology and we will evolve into something new. The only thing that can stop this is a nuclear war. If we destroy ourselves, then obviously we will not evolve to the next level.

If you think about it, technology is just an extension of biology. What you think with your brain becomes a new technology. So technology and evolution are linked.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
This is also something else to think about.

As the universe expands, it becomes more chaotic. More chaos equals more order. This is why knowledge is increasing but the world seems more chaotic. We will reach a point where we will destroy ourselves or pass through to a new state.

Say you go into a clean room, it's ordered. When you go into a dirty room it's disordered but the more chaotic it is the more information is available. It will take energy and information to get the room to an ordered state.

So as the universe expands and chaos increases knowledge will also increase.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Great writer/movie on this topic

youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
What?

Your question is what again?

Since I cant really figure out what your talking about I'll just add a little verbiosity.
No, past present and future are not illusions, what you experience here and now is what is "real", the past is what is remembered and the future in not available to most of us.
Strictly speaking of time itself, I think,it is like a "rope" of infinite thickness. It is composed of many strands, each strand being a distinct timeline. Once contained within a timeline there is no way move to another time line or go backwards, without leaving time/space.
And since there are an infinite number of possiblities, is there a way to find your way back to your own timeline once you leave it?
If you were to go "sideways" to another timline, you have no certainty as to "where" you'll end up, past , present or future.
If you look at space/time time is the "volume" of the 4 dimensional construct that is reality, where the universe exists within the surface of an expanding ballon of space/time.

top topics

join