It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream Machine Browser

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
ok, this machine has been discussed here already back in 2004 but I did not see much people responding to it. ATS THREAD LINK

I just wanted to do a little follow up with this because this claims to be a dream machine for your browser!!

Here is some info on the dream machine.

"The dreamachine (or dream machine) is a stroboscopic flicker device that produces visual stimuli. Artist Brion Gysin and scientist Ian Sommerville created the dreamachine after reading William Grey Walter's book, The Living Brain.[1][2]

In its original form, a dreamachine is made from a cylinder with slits cut in the sides. The cylinder is placed on a record turntable and rotated at 78 or 45 revolutions per minute. A light bulb is suspended in the center of the cylinder and the rotation speed allows the light to come out from the holes at a constant frequency, situated between 8 and 13 pulses per second. This frequency range corresponds to alpha waves, electrical oscillations normally present in the human brain while relaxing.[2]

A dreamachine is "viewed" with the eyes closed: the pulsating light stimulates the optical nerve and alters the brain's electrical oscillations. The "viewer" experiences increasingly bright, complex patterns of color behind their closed eyelids. The patterns become shapes and symbols, swirling around, until the "viewer" feels surrounded by colors. It is claimed that viewing a dreamachine allows one to enter a hypnagogic state.[3] This experience may sometimes be quite intense, but to escape from it, one needs only to open one's eyes.[1]"

WARNING!!!!!! If you have Photosensitive epilepsy do not click this link!!!!!

Dreamachine Browser link

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
This sounds very interesting but I'm scared to click on it because I don't know if I have photosensitive epilepsy and don't want to find out! LOL!

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
You would know if you have it especially if you have had a picture taken with flash or been around strobe lights. I was kind of weary at first too. Then I realized I have been to clubs and bars with lots of strobes and was alright.

Would like to point out that this put me to sleep really quick...haha....as you have probably read it relax's you and produces images and it certainly did for me. I was asleep in 5 minutes.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Huh. Ok, I tried it, first off the black and white one gave me a headache. Red didn't... it felt like I was inside a lava lamp. Wisps of blackness was floating up in the middle. The red one my eyes and body were more relaxed. Black and white my eyes moved back and forth at a fast pace and I tensed up instead of relaxing. This rwquires me to play with it some more, but I want to do this with my fiancee in the room with me.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1
You would know if you have it especially if you have had a picture taken with flash or been around strobe lights. I was kind of weary at first too. Then I realized I have been to clubs and bars with lots of strobes and was alright.

Would like to point out that this put me to sleep really quick...haha....as you have probably read it relax's you and produces images and it certainly did for me. I was asleep in 5 minutes.

Okay - maybe I'll try it. Maybe. LOL! I'm a big ole chicken.

What sorts of images did you see?

[edit on 25-12-2007 by ReginaAdonnaAaron]

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

What sorts of images did you see?

I was laying in bed with the monitor facing towards my bed. I layed on my back and was listening to a ""Binaural" Pink noise" mp3. I had the color on green at 10 hz and I was laying facing it for about 4 minutes when I just pictured family in my head and whoever I imagined it would show their childhood. It was very weird and surreal. I am going to try more tonight.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I also would like to add this would be interesting to make some glasses that cover your eyes to do this.....that would be great!

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I was laying in bed with the monitor facing towards my bed. I layed on my back and was listening to a ""Binaural" Pink noise" mp3. I had the color on green at 10 hz and I was laying facing it for about 4 minutes when I just pictured family in my head and whoever I imagined it would show their childhood. It was very weird and surreal. I am going to try more tonight.

VERY cool! Okay, I tried the blue and that was pretty mild. I didn't have a seizure so I'll try it again later when I can relax a little and get into a meditative state. I'll report back.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Cool that would be great to hear about other peoples visions! You will notice when you become relaxed that all the colors and shapes merge into one and you will start to recieve imagery

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I receive visions anyway as it is... so I'm hoping that maybe this will clarify them a bit more. It's definitely worth a shot!

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I recommend "Pink noise" for you as well this could clarify some of your visions.

"1/f [or pink] noise occurs in many physical, biological and economic systems. Some researchers describe it as being ubiquitous. In physical systems it is present in some meteorological data series, the electromagnetic radiation output of some astronomical bodies, and in almost all electronic devices (referred to as flicker noise). In biological systems, it is present in heart beat rhythms and the statistics of DNA sequences. In financial systems it is often referred to as a long memory effect. Also, it is the statistical structure of all natural images (images from the natural environment), as discovered by David Field (1987).

Richard F. Voss and J. Clarke claim that almost all musical melodies, when each successive note is plotted on a scale of pitches, will tend towards a pink noise spectrum.[1]

There are no simple mathematical models to create pink noise. It is usually generated by filtering white noise.[2]

There are many theories of the origin of 1/f noise. Some theories attempt to be universal, while others are applicable to only a certain type of material, such as semiconductors. Universal theories of 1/f noise are still a matter of current research."

I have noticed that pink noise eliminates backround noise if you listen to it in stereo with headphones. Helping you concentrate better.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
You MUST be psychic! I was just about to ask you what pink noise was when I saw your response.
I've tried and had success with OM. How does one obtain a recording of pink noise?

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I got it from a company called Hemi-Sync.

Here is a snipet from their website:

"The patented Hemi-Sync® process has been refined with over 40 years of research and development. Ongoing experimentation, data collection and analysis are conducted at The Monroe Institute's laboratory facilities to demonstrate the correlation between subjective experiential reports and objective electronic measurements.

Such research is indispensable in revealing the influence of specific Hemi-Sync® sound patterns on consciousness. Over the years, these efforts have resulted in the development of scores of individual products for specific applications such as focused attention, stress management, meditation, sleep enhancement, and pain management, to name a few.

Thanks to the cooperation of notable medical institutions and universities, the scientifically and clinically proven Hemi-Sync® technology continues to be the focus of a variety of specialized research projects. In addition, many therapists, physicians, educators, and other professionals use Hemi-Sync® extensively.

The Hemi-Sync® process is internationally acclaimed. Thousands of people have journeyed from around the world to attend The Monroe Institute's life-enhancing residential programs. These programs, conducted at the Institute's training facilities in Virginia, are dedicated to developing, exploring, and applying expanded states of consciousness using the extraordinary Hemi-Sync® sound technologies."

Search their site and it should be there. I bought it awhile ago so they might not have it. Try finding it, if you cannot u2u me.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I'm familiar with Hemi-Sync. I have some of their Astral Travel CD's. Thank you!

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I just found it online. WOOT!

[edit on 25-12-2007 by ReginaAdonnaAaron]

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Eh, I just tried and it didn't do anything for me, other than giving me a damn headache. Whoever came up with this has too much time on their hands and a wild imagination to think this can potentially cause any hypnotic effect.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Is there any information on which settings are optimal to produce these visions? The white on black one was the opposite of relaxing and didn't do anything for me.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Scalamander

It's says the 8-13Hz range is the best, as far as colors go? I do not know...it depends on what suits you best. I chose green. Easier for me. White and black seemed to give me a headache like everyone else is saying...... I wish it would cycle through these colors and have a setting for that....I think that would be something to experiment with. But I noticed you will start seeing all colors merge into one swirling and then you will start having imagery.

Although this guy Link claims to have it at 20Hz. Read his visions.....he was above earth.
Here is a list of the Brainwaves:

Alpha-waves

Beta-wave

Delta-wave

Gamma-wave

Theta-wave
[edit on 25-12-2007 by kdial1]

[edit on 25-12-2007 by kdial1]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Well I tried blue first and didn't do a thing, then red, which was a bit better, but nothing more spectacular than some slight undulating/billowing effects that were hardly noticeable.

Yes I'm a bit more relaxed, but then I've just had my eyes closed, motionless for ten minutes.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I also would like to add this would be interesting to make some glasses that cover your eyes to do this.....that would be great!

They have the glasses, here is a link to them. Also some of the glasses, have earbuds, so you can listen to your favorite mp3..Enjoy
Inner Pulse

top topics

<<   2 >>

join