It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hole Drilled to Bottom of Earth's Crust, Disproves Hollow Earth theory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Even though this article was posted in 2005, I think it's important to post it. Unfortunately I don't know what stage of this process they are currently at, but its possible that maybe some of you guys have heard something.

I wonder how and if the hollow earth theory falls into this. I would say that the theory is debunked with this, however I could be wrong...maybe you guys can shed a little light.

www.livescience.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
First of all I would take with a grain of salt anything published by mainstream science especially about the earths crust and what might be in it. And no, this story debunks nothing about the 'hollow earth' theories.

Second of all, many 'hollow earth' theories do not postulate that the earth is hollow like a tennis ball but rather that the earth's crust is a labyrinth of caves, tunnels, openings, cavities, caverns and other numerous and vast areas in which maybe other civilizations live.

Those hollow earth theories that do postulate a hollow earth like a tennis ball may have some evidence in the form of biblical and other historic reference.

Just in case you might want to take a look for yourself let me remind you that the:

The Federal Cave Resources Protection Act of 1988

www2.nature.nps.gov...

Prevents you from entering any 'significant' cave (read: any cave) without a Federal Permit under penalty of:

1. The amount of such civil penalty shall be determined by the Secretary taking into account appropriate factors, including
 (A) the seriousness of the violation;
 (B) the economic benefit(if any) resulting from the violation;
 (C) any history of such violations; and
 (D) such other matters as the Secretary deems appropriate. The maximum fine permissible under this section is $10,000

Have a Merry Christmas.

sty

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The above theory states a 800 km shell . I do not believe that we actually are able to drill more than 20 KM . The hollow earth theory is also backed my the electro-magnetic field of the earth. However, as tend to agree that indeed the earth is not as hollow as a tennis ball but we can talk about intra-terrestrial empty spaces that could "host" entire cities . Recently it has been discovered a "pocket" of water under China that could have the quantity of the water we have in the Arctic Ocean. Nothing would stop that cavity to be empty , or even populated.Also we have the myth of the people from "under the Earth" in most of the older cultures, also in the Bible ..

check this link:

www.livescience.com...

ps: sorry for my English , Eastern Europe here

[edit on 25-12-2007 by sty]

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sty

But that report doesn't say it's one contiguous mass of water. More like a sponge soaked with water:

The water then rises up into the overlying region, which becomes saturated with water [image]. “It would still look like solid rock to you,” Wysession told LiveScience. “You would have to put it in the lab to find the water in it.”

Although they appear solid, the composition of some ocean floor rocks is up to 15 percent water. “The water molecules are actually stuck in the mineral structure of the rock,” Wysession explained. “As you heat this up, it eventually dehydrates. It’s like taking clay and firing it to get all the water out.”

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

Boy, are we ever free in the US. Yes, the land of the free, etc. Uh huh, fur-ree-dum. Remind me again what we're free to do?

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well according to some Soviet geological scientist's 'Hell' is below the earth's crust. Some believe they even have proof with a recording of screams from millions suffering as they accidently drilled through the Gates of Hell in Siberia, 9 miles deep below the surface.

As a communist I don’t believe in heaven or the Bible but as a scientist I now believe in hell," said Dr. Azzacove. "Needless to say we were shocked to make such a discovery. But we know what we saw and we know what we heard. And we are absolutely convinced that we drilled through the gates of Hell!"

Dr. Azzacove continued, ". . .the drill suddenly began to rotate wildly, indicating that we had reached a large empty pocket or cavern. Temperature sensors showed a dramatic increase in heat to 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit."

Source

ART BELL Show playing the recording here

Bzzzzzzz

sty

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

huh, you are right.. i guess it would take some time to actually know exactly what is under there. guys, you are always welcome to Romania to explore caves
unless 10 000 $ penalty is cheaper haha . Good post, have a great Christmas

sty

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzingOn

I know the records , but somehow i deeply doubt the experiment . The sounds could also come from other sources - like flowing river of lava etc. Sure this does not exclude hell , but i guess hell is not a place in our dimensions - as related in the NDE (Near Death Experiences)

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sty

I could explore the cave systems in my own country without penalty... pretty big caves in the region, what with the whole area being fundamentally a giant slab of limestone eroded by hundreds of millions of years bytropical rains...

Sarawak Chamber

Although they did not know it yet, the three explorers had walked into the largest known enclosed space in the world, which they later named the Sarawak Chamber. It was three times the size of the Big Room in Carlsbad Caverns National Park, New Mexico, previously thought to be the largest underground chamber. The Sarawak Chamber measured 700m (2,300 feet) long, 400m (1,300 feet) wide and at least 70m (230 feet) high. The chamber is so massive it could hold 10 jumbo jets nose-to-tail in it. The chamber is now firmly situated in the record books.

But then I have an irrational fear of cockroaches...

Edit to add:

List of caves in Malaysia.

Probably a lot more undiscovered caves. Did you know that while they were building the Petronas Towers, they discovered an underground river that was flowing under the construction area? They had to halt construction for a while to divert the flow of that river. I still wonder where exactly the water comes from and where it flows to.

[edit on 25-12-2007 by Beachcoma]

sty

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
this reminds me of something - once i wanted to see how much ice we still have at the North Pole - and found a Quick Time for Windows movie showing ice cover of the North pole - one frame for every month , since 1970
what i found strange is not the shrinking surface of the ice (less each summer) but a blurred circle covering a particular area of the north pole - i was wondering what is there to hide! i wonder how i could post the video (25 MB) .. as I do not remember the website but i saved the movie

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sty

Please try to get that posted. I would be curious to see that.

sty

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

i managed to find the link again -
the web-page is
arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu...

and the file (quick time for W movie) can be downloaded from

arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu...

just play the movie , and you will notice a patched circle somewhere in the center. Any real satellite pictures would somehow not show that area . There could be an explanation , but i guess there can be more than one explanation lol

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
More Info About the Hole:

en.wikipedia.org...

Called the "Kola" hole, it is the deepest humans have ever drilled.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
There is also this:

Well_to_Hell_hoax

?

sty

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
if anyone of you got the money/time to join the hollow Earth Expedition - just visit this website - quite interesting:

www.phoenixsciencefoundation.org...

they supposed to make the expedition this summer, but the person to lead the expedition died this year .. so they try again for summer 2008 . The idea is to make a final scientifically research about this issue. I guess it will be a great expedition , but somehow i doubt they will find anything unusual. However, it could be that Jules Verne was right..

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BuzzingOn
Well according to some Soviet geological scientist's 'Hell' is below the earth's crust.

OR maybe your source is bunk...

It would do us all good to actually do some research to see if something is a well known hoax or not before posting.

See here for info.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
mehhhh... Got beat to the punch.
snopeshas it too...

Intriguing story. let us know how it carries out, but I agree with John on the concept of IF there is a hollow earth it is mainly an inner earth cave system.

[edit on 12/25/2007 by coven]

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BuzzingOn
Well according to some Soviet geological scientist's 'Hell' is below the earth's crust. Some believe they even have proof with a recording of screams from millions suffering as they accidently drilled through the Gates of Hell in Siberia, 9 miles deep below the surface.

That was proven to be a hoax, many,many years ago.

As to the "hollow earth" theory, I have always viewed the earth to be cavernous, not hollow. Could people live in such caverns? I suppose. For those of you who like quoting biblical passagess, you do realize that the bible claims that there are people within the earth, right?

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
well here's the thing I READ the article you posted
I know most people ignore source material all
those pesky details.
but as to breaching the mantle according to the article
they are not there not even close.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by BuzzingOn

wow Buzzing, thats the first i've heard that, and it is very twisted sounding despite supposedly being a hoax.

my initial reaction was, wow thats alot of women screaming. then i heard some men yelping here and there, and almost like someone was talking over everyone as if on a speaker in like, something sounding like arabic. according to comments on that youtube video apparently it is arabic.

so i thought, damn if that IS hell it sure sounds bad. it really sounded like terrible suffering. Like not just ow that hurts, but freaking TERRIFIED sounding..

THEN i thought, this has to be fake. my brain just trying to rationalize what it heard i guess. so then I think..

what if..

All that crap about there being deep underground bases where UFO "abductees" are taken, aka people who are permanently "missing", with prior knowledge by their Governments some of the time, because the Governments are supposedly in cahoots with those .. Reptilian aliens is it? what if all that crap is true and this recording is actually of one of those holding areas deep underground where they do messed up expirements and so forth, as the stories go (we've all read a couple, I have at least).

So yeah, i dunno wtf that was but i didnt play it more than once.

[edit on 12/26/2007 by runetang]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join