It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beast Will Deceive

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Vojvoda

In response to your response to my response (LOL)! About the praying to the Saints. Are not the Saints, those who have already passed on?
The examples you gave were all of living people who were all still here on this earth praying for each other. And the key word being 'For' each other. Not to each other. They never prayed to dead people, to my knowledge. If they did, it certainly wasn't at Jesus' instruction.
BTW, thanks for clearing up the statue thing.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sizzle
reply to post by Vojvoda

In response to your response to my response (LOL)! About the praying to the Saints. Are not the Saints, those who have already passed on?
The examples you gave were all of living people who were all still here on this earth praying for each other. And the key word being 'For' each other. Not to each other. They never prayed to dead people, to my knowledge. If they did, it certainly wasn't at Jesus' instruction.

Ha, you just didn't read what I wrote :shk::
Physical death is not a defeat for a Christian. It is a glorious passage into heaven. The Christian does not cease to be a part of the Church at death. God forbid! Nor is he set aside, idle until the Day of Judgment. The True Church is composed of all who are in Christ - in heaven and on earth. It is not limited in membership to those presently alive. Those in heaven with Christ are alive, in communion with God, worshipping God, doing their part in the body of Christ. They actively pray to God for all those in the Church - and perhaps, indeed, for the whole world.

Do you need quotes from Holy Scripture about it?

Originally posted by sizzle
BTW, thanks for clearing up the statue thing.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join