It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arctic Sea Ice Re-Freezing at Record Pace

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
With all the hype that melting sea ice received I can't believe nobody has posted this story yet. Well I can believe it actually. It is sad that it hasn't been posted yet. Just as was in the past when the passages opened up the ice has quickly returned. This time at record rates.

The record melting of Arctic sea ice observed this summer and fall led to record-low levels of ice in both September and October, but a record-setting pace of re-freezing in November, according to the NASA Earth Observatory. Some 58,000 square miles of ice formed per day for 10 days in late October and early November, a new record.

Source: www.thedailygreen.com...

I originally found this story when browsing www.iceagenow.com... which provides a good source news. Check it out and bookmark it. It is a good place to get the other side of the story.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Of course no one was reported on it yet.
Fox "News" and CNN want you to think their way is the right way, regardless of the viewpoint.

If they ran something like this, it may cause people to think that global warming isn't manmade, (which it isn't by the way) and they may lose some of the little credibility they still have.

They want the sheeple to continue to think it's their fault the planet is warming. Its not. The planet goes through natural cycles of warm and cold. Its a proven scientific fact. Mankind happens to be here this time. But apparently, nobody told them or Al Gore.

Just because there is one warmer than average winter, it doesn't mean were gona fry in the summer either. It doesn't mean global warming.

[edit on 25-12-2007 by jtb2008]

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
If there is more open water at the start of winter, one would naturally expect a greater area to freeze over

There's really no story here. Yet. The story will come when we see the extent of sea ice at the end of winter - will it be greater or less than in previous years?

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Long ice ages are interrupted by short warm periods, of which we are in one now. I understand that the battle is between the solar output, that is, the level of solar wind and "cosmic" radiation coming into the solar system. When the solar output increases, the Earth warms up, but as it begins to decrease and the cosmic radiation penetrates the inner solar system, it causes clouds to form and for a short time it gets very warm (global warming), then suddenly, very suddenly, it gets cold very fast and were back in the ice age, which is the norm for the planet really. So if we are on that brink, we could slide into an ice age rather quickly very soon.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This is great news. So does this mean Al Gore has to return his Nobel Prize?
I don't believe Global Warming is real, but as I watch CNN and Fox today, I noticed they now refer to it as "Climate Change". With this change in terminology, whether it heats or cools, they are technically right.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Just remember one thing that the majority of this global warming craze is perpetuated by the media and their constant fear campain. The whole global warming and cooling is just cycles the earth is going through; it has always happened and will continue to happen. We are not all going to die and the apocolypse is not going to happen. The real problem is the mass media....don't believe anything they say anymore.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
Just remember one thing that the majority of this global warming craze is perpetuated by the media and their constant fear campain. The whole global warming and cooling is just cycles the earth is going through; it has always happened and will continue to happen. We are not all going to die and the apocolypse is not going to happen. The real problem is the mass media....don't believe anything they say anymore.

God forbid now that we actually clean up our air and treat the planet with some respect instead of putting tons of emissions to pollute the air and what not, I believe in the whole global warming thing, and I can understand if people don't, by why not just look at in terms of actually cleaning up the filth that we put out into the environment?

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'm not saying we should not clean up our environment.I think we should clean up our planet;after all it is our home.Just don't believe all the hype that is put out their only for certain groups agendas. I hate seeing the pollution and trash that we create. Our planet is heating up...yes but all the planets in the solar system are heating up as well; all at the same time. You can't tell me we are the cause of that.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LogicalPhilosophy

why not just look at in terms of actually cleaning up the filth that we put out into the environment?

Now if Mr. Gore et. al were to put this spin on it I would back them.I think that they are using the farmongering spin because they see the failure of the info commercials of the 70's trying to clean things up. remember the crying indian anyone?

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I find it amusing how any person who argues against man made global warming must want to destroy the Earth. As if; were I to say that I don't think I'm the cause of global warming and, in fact, just maybe, global warming is a natural process and we should just enjoy the ride - really, what I'm saying is "we don't need no water, let the mother bleeper burn."

How absurd.

Starred, flagged, and I hope this story is perpetuated and followed and not buried in the melting ice.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Good Article and I believe it proves that why man might think he is the most important thing on Earth . . . Mother Earth knows better. I believe the re-freezing is the Earth making its own adjustments . . . it maybe caused by the Gulf Stream shutting down because of the lower salt content of the oceans caused by the melting sea ice!

As far as Global Warming, I believe it is mainly a natural cycle for the following reasons:

We are currently about at the 1/2 point of the interglacial Holocene period.

Ice Ages

Secondly, they are within the interglacial periods, sub-periods of warming and cooling, such as the little ice age. I am sure if you watched the "christmas carol" during the holidays you noticed London was a lot colder in the 1840's than today!

Little Ice Age

Finally, I am convinced Man Made Global Warming is being "used" to get people to conserve energy to hide the real crisis of "Peak Oil", IMHO!

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I just don't see how this article is relevant considering that weather patterns fluctuate constantly. Actually through observation alone, it would seem more likely that the only consistency in weather patterns, on a short term basis, is its inconsistent nature. Perhaps in a few years if this develops into a trend, it will be more worthy.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This is great news for the polar bears. With the lack of sea ice the last few years many have been forced to cannibalized. At least this winter it sounds like they will be eating seals.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mel1962

I think solar activity has a direct influence on earth weather. Seeing that we are at the end of a solar cycle, where solar activity is at a minimum, it would not surprise me if our relativlely inactive Sun is causing this drop in temp. It could aslo explain the warming that occured over recent years(during solar maximum). And if I'm not mistaken, the solar activity during the Little Ice Age was at a minimum.

-Dev

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Great post. It's funny how pro-global warming immediately jump the gun with the "OMG YOU WANT EARTH TO BE DIRTY?!!?" before they realize that the only solutions our so called "leaders" (UN, Al Gore et al.) offer us is a global CO2 tax to reduce emissions and save the planet.
YAY....not. I bet that tax money is going straight into the funding of the NWO infrastructure.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
Just remember one thing that the majority of this global warming craze is perpetuated by the media and their constant fear campain.

I've seen glaciers which are receding a much faster rate than before. I didn't get this from media, personally... And this is one place where I think fear is appropriate. It's good to err on the side of safety. Look what happened to planet Venus!

There is less and less fresh water available to populations in many countries and especially in Asia, in large part because there is less snow accumulation. This can't be good.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
I originally found this story when browsing www.iceagenow.com... which provides a good source news. Check it out and bookmark it. It is a good place to get the other side of the story.

It's some pretty strange logic, on that page. There are confident predictions that we are facing some cooler climate in the next 10 years or so... If the weather science is so damn hard and the "global warming" thing allegedly flawed for that reason, how can be so cavalier about making forecasts that aren't, frankly, based on anything concrete?

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogicalPhilosophy
God forbid now that we actually clean up our air and treat the planet with some respect instead of putting tons of emissions to pollute the air and what not, I believe in the whole global warming thing, and I can understand if people don't, by why not just look at in terms of actually cleaning up the filth that we put out into the environment?

I think the thing is that people don't want to be lied to. We also don't want the governments justifying charging each and every person a barrel load of tax for 'climate change' when in actual fact we can't do much about it! We can suerly take care of our pollution but the amounts of money they will be looking are going to be huge not to mention many people who pollute very little are likely to be charged the same high taxes as others who pollute heavily.

I do not believe that humans are causing global warming and we could do with a bit of balanced reporting from the media.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by vegno
Great post. It's funny how pro-global warming immediately jump the gun with the "OMG YOU WANT EARTH TO BE DIRTY?!!?" before they realize that the only solutions our so called "leaders" (UN, Al Gore et al.) offer us is a global CO2 tax to reduce emissions and save the planet.
YAY....not. I bet that tax money is going straight into the funding of the NWO infrastructure.

Or into a war that many people don't want their country invovled in and see no need for.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Look what happened to planet Venus!

Do we have to compare Earth to Venus.
Especially in terms of runaway global warming. They do have similiar attributes, but beyond that there are factors involved here that need to be taken into account before you start assumming that Earth has a chance of ending up like venus.

-Dev

[edit on 26-12-2007 by DevolutionEvolvd]

[edit on 26-12-2007 by DevolutionEvolvd]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join