It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The USA was founded by Secret Societies and Not Christianity.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This thread is my attempt to show that the United States of America was founded by secret societies, including the Free Masons, the Rosicrucian and basically all secret societies that exist, because IMHO all of these societies are all connected.

The idea that the USA was founded as a Christian nation is IMO a myth. All you have to do is look around at all the symbolism in the USA, our money or capital city and buildings to see who founded this nation.

Even the very layout of our capital reveals much.

Where is the evidence that this nation was founded on the Christian belief? When there is no real evidence of this anywhere to be seen.

Masonic and other secret societies symbol Everywhere.

As it is Above so it is below.

George Washington in the same pose.

I have read where these secret societies have ruled or attempted to rule for up to 6000 years. They have attempted to combine Paganism with Christianity to form a one world religion to go with a one world rule, and they still are trying to do this today, I believe the Trinity is apart of this conspiracy and just one example of their efforts.

New order of the ages, and a ancient hope fullfilled

[edit on 25-12-2007 by LDragonFire]

[edit on 25-12-2007 by LDragonFire]

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Hi LDragonFire

Thanks for taking the time to post. However you have posted a number of pictures without any explanation of how they connect to freemasons or secret societies. Could you go into a little more detail, perhaps build your case, and then we will have something to discuss?

Have a wonderful Christmas

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Maybe before you post a topic you should make use of the handy dandy search button, and you would find that your unique snowflake of a thread topic has been posted about a million times here before.

You left the "Moloch" out of the street map of the nation's capital.

You can make those streets look like any pattern of symbol or letter, it really proves nothing.

You could probably even find places that the streets intersected that looked like the letters J,E,S,U,and S, so if I found those and posted it on the map, then I could formulate the hypothesis that Jesus himself came down from heaven and designed the streets of Washington DC, and that he even signed his name on the map as proof,hidden in plain sight (a favorite anti-phrase) and it would be unrefutable by your logic right?

Or would you contend that I was looking for things that weren't there?

Just like you are....

Maybe we can really luck out today and someone can post a thread about how the golden arches of McDonald's are Masonic and are symbolic of the royal arch degree, or how if you look at the sign sideways it looks like a number 13, and "insert illuminati conspiracy about 13,satan,reptilains,etc here"

Happy holidays ATS.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
What's wrong with that? The country was founded on FREEDOM. Freedom of expression freedom, of religion, freedom of speech, etc

What would make anyone think it wasn't? To deny this from any group is itself a crime. For Christians to do this, is in itself evil. Instead pray for and love your brother. Pray for your enemies and love one another. Any attempt to do otherwise is a transgression of the law of Love. Sounds like someone doesn't have a clue about what the Master Teacher really taught. Go back and tell whomever started this for you this.

Nice pics by the way.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   

LDragonFire, intreguing post, thank you for sharing your idea with us.

First I would like to begin by saying, that I appreciate the small collection if images you have posted as I am a Landscape Architect / Architect and am fascinated with design in relation to issues such as civil society, spirituality / religion, government, nationalism, and of course secret societies..

In response to masonica-esoterica (have we met before?), I would urge you to do a little more research into the process of designing such works as Washington DC. While the axial patterns found in this and other cities influenced by the same design philosophy will also show these patterns, it is not coincidence.

I am really intrigued by the hidden stories contained within the landscape. Good design ALWAYS has an organizing theme, or idea which is the insiration for the entire work. It is this concept that infuses a places design and brings it to ligt. Design infuses a place with intention, ideology, ambition, love. This is how design works.

traditionally the practice of landscape design was limited to the elite. The Valley fo the Kings, The Temple of Mann, Taj Mahal, Versailles, Paris, London, Washington DC are all the product of a "process" of design. All of these are examples of the form that design was taking in the past, it served the elite. The development of design for civil society for the most part begin with the industrial revolution, and rather than being places of leisure or monuments to the powerful, civil design began to counter the ill effects of industrialization.

To so quickly dismiss what can be 'seen' in the form of a place is to chose to ignore a treasure of information and insight. Which leads me back to the OP.

While I am no expert in symbolism and secret societies, I do know how to read intention in design, and I can clearly see how the form of Washington DC possess the spirit of something, what exactly that is I am not sure, but it most certainly does not look like christianity to me.

These are my thoughts at this point. enjoy.

[edit on 25-12-2007 by Animal]

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   

As others have already posted, this exact same thing has been beaten to death. Many times. When you look hard enough, you can find patterns in everything. It does not mean the pattern exists, it simply means you will find what you want to find.

Street map layouts are the most obvious example of this - for example, why do you highlight a pentagram in Washington DC when in reality one whole arm of is missing (the street isn't there)? Because you want to find a pattern so bad you "ignore" little pieces of reality like that. Why is it you show a square and compass when in reality you could show the exact same thing with billions of other streets because it only requires four diagonal intersecting streets - which - happens all the time. Also of course, you forget the HUGE G that is supposed be in the middle - if there really was some street design scheme why would masons leave that out? Its not an issue to masons in other countries, but in America, it sure would be. Lastly, assuming all of these street map layouts were intentional (and that would be really going out on a limb) - so what? So the designers wanted the emblem of their secret society on street maps - something which comparatively few people use and even less people are to notice. Some way to show your power.

You also commit a false dilemma logical fallacy. You present the options as: either we were founded as a Christian nation, or by a secret cabal of societies. Perhaps the answer is neither, or perhaps the answer is incredibly multi-faceted - as reality tends to be - and includes both choices.

Additionally, you commit a straw man logical fallacy. Very few people would argue that the founders of the United States intended for a religious theocracy. A vast majority know the historical reality is that while the founders were certainly religious men themselves, there is no evidence to suggest that they wanted the government to be like that (the evidence is quite to the contrary). Since this is historical reality, I find it unsurprising that there are not Christian symbols plastered everywhere - why would there be?

It is unsurprising that the designers of great American cities looked toward the greatest and most magnificent of ancient civilizations (Egypt, Greece, Rome, etc.) as their muse. They wanted the United States to stand out like these great civilizations, and what better way to do it then erected obelisks and shining marble monuments. No conspiracy here, just people who wanted to make America to be the next "great civilization" - which you will find motivates many of the founders of every country on this earth.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
ya this is like 200 yrs old news lol

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
If there isn't something to this, why post? Why give opinions?

Why not show evidence with symbols of a Christian nature that would prove or even argue against the notion of what this country was founded by and for what purpose this country was founded for?

This country was founded to be the New Babylon, or the new Atlantis, to usher in the New World Order, and the New World Religion, A new global empire.

The USA has military bases in 130 countries around the globe, the new Empire seems to be thriving.

The design of our Capital among other things, proves this was a intentional act, not random. The Masonic and Rosicrucian symbols throughout or society proves what I'm saying.

The whole act of creating the USA is a conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
What, just because I don't believe that there is a conspiracy here means I can't post? Interesting...

When you propose something, the burden of proof is on you to provide evidence for your proposal. The original post shows a series of pictures, and declares them to simply be evidence that secret societies founded America. I disagree, and I have explained why in my previous post. In any case the burden of proof is on you to show your theory is correct, not on me to disprove your theory.

As I have already stated, this hypothesis makes the assumption that there should be Christian symbolism everywhere in the United States. Why would that be? You have provided no proof or evidence as to why this should be the case. In any event, the founding Fathers may have been Christians but they certainly did not as a majority claim that this should be a theocratic government. As such, there would be no Christian symbolism slapped everywhere in government, although there is some:

- The Supreme Court has ruled MULTIPLE times that state displays of the ten commandments is constitutional and not in conflict with the establishment clause.
- The Supreme Court Building has a relief that shows Moses as being one of the greatest law givers
- The Washington National Cathedral is designated by the government as the NATIONAL HOUSE OF PRAYER
- Every year, uncountable high ranking government officials attend a MASS at the national cathedral.

I could go on, and on, and on.

I also await your evidence on this new statement that this is the new babylon and everything else that followed that statement. I see no proof for that at all.

You have not shown that these street symbols are anything more than the combination of diagonal lines. The pentagram is missing an entire arm (although I noticed you drew the line anyways - but there isn't a street underneath it). Even if the event that these were shown to not be complete figures (they are not) AND that they were intentionally drawn (no proof for that either), that says nothing except that the street planners were members of a society. You have also not shown that there are these symbols "throughout our society" - only that you have found a few incomplete street maps and government buildings in which you perceive these symbols to exist. How exactly can you generalize to the entire society with that?

[edit on 25-12-2007 by LightinDarkness]

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LightinDarkness

Moses in the center with the ten commandments, to his right is Confucius to his left is Solon, again the blending of Paganism with Christianity. The new one world religion, but it's not new, it's a centuries old conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
after posting i was left thinking about the topic and what the implications of embedding such symbols in the design of a capital city are. Something I still have not resolved.

Out of curiosity, what would you all think about this? What would the benefit of infusing a city with esoteric symbolism? Is it an act of self glorification? A way of raising and directing energy? A method of communication? Or simply the fancy of the designer?

Seeing the symbolism in the design a of city is simple. Understanding why it was done is much more difficult. The presence of these symbols can bbe seen in civilizations all over the world. Through out all these there is a common thread of like symbols. Is this merely human nature, the act of trying to convey meaning through images, or is it something more?

thanks again for posting LDragonFire, it is nice when I encounter things that make me go hmmm?

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Again, I have already addressed this. The architects of Washington DC envisioned it to be the capitol of a great nation with splendor to rival all the other great societies of history - Egypt, Rome, Greece, etc.

The fact that Moses is CENTRAL in the relief is clearly a religious respect for the nature of the law. Confucius as a historical figure is certainly not known of or thought of being a "pagan", he is thought of for his contributions to philosophy - which stresses the morality of government and justice. This would be exactly why he is in the relief of the Supreme Court. In fact, he was not pagan at all. You seem to be blatantly ignoring all of the overt use of religious symbolism - Christian symbolism.

Of course, all of this assumes yet again that (1) this nation was founded by people wanted theocratic government, which you have not shown, and that (2) the only expression of this desire could be through the use of symbols, which you also have not shown. Discussing innately religious symbolism already in existence is mere academic conjecture, until you prove the above two assumptions you have laid out.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I can sort of understand the point of the post but honestly I have never really understood what is so 'secret' about these 'secret societies.' Anyone can join and their theories on politics, humanity etc are pretty much well known, even to the point where these men wrote them down themselves.

I always see people post that Freemasons are trying to take over America. They didn't have to take over anything. They invented and created America. Many of the founding fathers were masons and they were some of the finest thinkers of their time, but that does not make them non-Christian.

Today, for many conspiracy theorist, the term Freemason means boogieman - a shadowy figures of elite power conspiring to take over the world who also worships the Christian Devil. Trying to make Freemasons into Satan worshipers has been Christian based propaganda for hundreds of years. Sure, men claiming to be Freemasons can worship Satan, but so can a person claiming to be a Christian or Muslim, whatever.

I often wonder in these types of threads if the OP or anything who posts has ever read anything that the founding fathers wrote themselves? There are archives and archives full of their thoughts from everything from day-to-day life to the working system of governments.

[edit on 25-12-2007 by zerotime]

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   

So tell me, have you ever heard of the United States CONSTITUTION?
Or the DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE?
Or do those not qualify as symbols? Take some time to read those, and be sure to study some more on Christian beliefs.
I think it would have helped if you had payed attention in American History, or American Government class.

You cannot be serious on this, honestly.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Another element of symbolism that is part of the story of the United States of America is the Goddess Columbia.

link 1

Link 2

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Did Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, and George Washington have in mind the country we have today? Private central banking system, IRS, no habeas corpus, a country that is eternally in debt to other nations, that's ruled by corporations, that is itself a corporation? I don't think so. At least two of three persons mentioned were Freemasons, with the third undetermined. Though, I think it's safe to say that they were all on the same page with regards to the direction and future of this country regardless of their affiliation with the Freemasons. Any such ideas as a NWO would most certainly have brought out the fight in them.

Can't say I agree entirely with the OP. But if we're talking about Skull and Bones, well, that's another matter altogether. Aspirations for world domination? That's an allegation that I could see as bearing some truth.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Well its actually common knowledge to anyone that bothers to do the research that the founding fathers made no attempt at hiding the fact that they themselves were not Christian. Many prominent men in our history were even anti-Christian, take that how you want it, but the information is already out there.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
The idea that the USA was founded as a Christian nation is IMO a myth.

Exactly. Why would you think it was in the first place? As the previous poster mention there were a lot of non-Christian involved in the US' creation. I.e. George Washington was a deist.

see
Is America a Christian Nation?

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightinDarkness

Again, I have already addressed this. The architects of Washington DC envisioned it to be the capitol of a great nation with splendor to rival all the other great societies of history - Egypt, Rome, Greece, etc.

The architects of Washington DC had a agenda and followed it to a T. A Pagan Agenda, not random or Christian.

The fact that Moses is CENTRAL in the relief is clearly a religious respect for the nature of the law. Confucius as a historical figure is certainly not known of or thought of being a "pagan", he is thought of for his contributions to philosophy - which stresses the morality of government and justice. This would be exactly why he is in the relief of the Supreme Court. In fact, he was not pagan at all. You seem to be blatantly ignoring all of the overt use of religious symbolism - Christian symbolism.

The One thing all three have in common is that they are Law Givers, to their different cultures, this is apart of the attempt to blend cultures and religions.
Confucius:

Of all eastern philosophers, Confucius, born in 550 B.C., is considered the greatest. His teachings are foundational to Asian cultures. His writings, The Five Classics, the collection of ancient Chinese literature, and The Four Books, a collection of Confucius' and his disciple's teachings, was for centuries the standard curriculum for Chinese education.
Confucius

Moses I Don't think he needs a definition.

Solon

Solon (Greek: Σόλων, c. 638 BC–558 BC) was a famous Athenian statesman, lawmaker, and Lyric poet. The travel writer, Pausanias, listed Solon among the Seven Sages of the ancient world.[1] Solon has acquired a place in history and in folklore through his efforts to legislate against political, economic and moral decline in archaic Athens. His reforms failed in the short term, yet he is often credited with having laid the foundations for Athenian democracy
Solon

When I use the term Pagan I'm referring to all old world religions, religions that predate Christianity, sorry I should have made that clear from the start, instead of listing 20 or 30 different religions. The goal of the NWO which should be called the Old World Order because the conspiracy goes back centuries is to unite all the old religions with Christianity as stated before to create a one world religion to go with a one world government.

A good question is where does Islam fit into this? or does it fit at all, could this be yet another reason for the crusades? The constant struggle between Christianity and Islam? hmmmm

Of course, all of this assumes yet again that (1) this nation was founded by people wanted theocratic government, which you have not shown, and that (2) the only expression of this desire could be through the use of symbols, which you also have not shown. Discussing innately religious symbolism already in existence is mere academic conjecture, until you prove the above two assumptions you have laid out.

I'm not trying to prove the USA was founded to be a theocratic government,[this is what the Christians say and want] It was formed to further the goals of the NWO, the Free Masons, the Rosicrucian's, the Illuminati, And All the other secret societies that have controlled or manipulated mankind for centuries.

[edit on 26-12-2007 by LDragonFire]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Yeah, that's pretty good. So good, I wonder where you really get your information.
That eye that you see atop the pyramid in one of your pictures is seen in a lot of places in lots of different forms... even John Titor claimed that his insignia looked like an eye. There's even crop circles that look like an eye. Its actually some kind of alien or something -- why they chose an eye to use as an insignia, who wants to know. Sometimes folks refer to it as "the eye that sees the future" or something like that, but fortunately these knuckleheads don't see as much as they think they do.
You also see that insignia on the CIA logo in one of your pictures (the one with the eagle looking at you).
Yeah, and you're right... these folks want like some kind of one world government. Why, I haven't a clue since they've pretty much already taken over. I mean, the last time I went to the cops about some aliens (or, pretty much anything, really) they instantly went nuts.
Actually, while I'm on the subject of the cops... every time I ask them if they work for these people ("Do you work for everybody") they say either "yes" or "I guess you could say that".
Try it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join