It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stepped Pyramid on Mars Image by Mars Express

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
You know guys I just don't see how this could be a totally natural phenomina. I am not saying that there are currently little green men running around on Mars but I am saying that I think some form of intelligent life created this area at some point in time.

The reason I do not think that it could be natural is simple. Erosion on Earth takes place due to our atomosphere, Earthquakes, and man-made changes. Mars has winds that can attain high speeds but the atmosphere is so thin that even when the wind is blowing at its fiercest it would not blow you over. Since Mars has little atomosphere it has little weather of any kind making atomospheric erosion very unlikely. Also this does not look to be any earthquake, volcanic, or seismic damage I have ever seen. Lastly it sure as hell does not look like an impact crater so what does that leave? Man-made, or in this case intelligent life made.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I wonder why ESA's Mars Express hasn't released any new pictures since January 23rd?????

perhaps they are exploring this area in detail?

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

Originally posted by sanctum
If the area is a result of geo' activity, it would one of be 'mother natures' wonders.

A wonder ? I would name it a MIRACLE. Nature & geo activity NEVER did a pyramid.

Do I wrong ?

No wrong at all U-Pheonix. I agree if the Zig' is legit', it could be
described as a genuine MIRACLE. Proof of life. It's the first thing
this week that made me yell...WHAT THE ?
Zoom in on the Zig', and check out the 2 sets of steps leading
to the quadrangles. Unless the image is a diversion/hoax from
the mars expr' press office as to what is really going on.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
the chazm at the top left, has what appears to be a remenant of a huge bridge jutting out from the lower left side, clearly on the surface.

IMO this was created some time ago, very massive in scale. The square depression to the right of the pyramid looks like it might have been a large "building" at one time. The front has two parrallel formations that might have been the staired ramp up into the "building".

Maybe we are seeing the broken down foundations of a large complex that existed once a long time ago on Mars.

Maybe this is what is going to bring about the "big change" in mankind that has been talked about. Actual real, proof that a civilization existed at one time on Mars.

That mankind was not alone on Earth, that some form of intelligent life also existed just a mere Planet or two away. Maybe this realization will help mankind "see" mistakes made by another now extinct (supposed) civilization, that ended tragically in the destruction of their entire world habitat.

Just maybe there is a hope for us after all.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
www.esa.int...

This photo is a direct overhead shot of the same area as the 3D picture with the pyramid. The pyramid photo is directly from the ESA and I posted the link already.

But after matching the physical features of the large crater on the lower left and the horseshoe crater. Then locating the two fissure marks below the mesa that would be across from the "underground" entrance I find nothing that matches those features on the overhead photo.

So since both of these are from the ESA and are on the Mars Express site. Which one is correct ? or is the ESA covering up photos or purposely reporting (creating) false data of the surface ?

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Image number: SEMMKMWA6QD

Caption: Full colour image of Valles Marineris taken by Mars Express HRSC

Credits: ESA/DLR/FU Berlin (G. Neukum)

3rd picture on the first page of images

jhh

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
My problem is everything in this pic seems to be "cubed." It is similiar to the failed attempt of turning arial photographs of iraq into 3d images during the second Iraq war. I forgot the company that did it, but all they did was take existing photographs and gave the buildings a cube shape so they appeared to have height. It is sort of like simcity 3000, or a 3d sonar detector, everything is on blocks.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
then why does the rest of the surroundings not look "cubed" they look very fluid to me, in fact you can see the "sand" being blown off the back side of most formations, hence the brighter yellow coloring.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
www.esa.int...

This photo is a direct overhead shot of the same area as the 3D picture with the pyramid. The pyramid photo is directly from the ESA and I posted the link already.

But after matching the physical features of the large crater on the lower left and the horseshoe crater. Then locating the two fissure marks below the mesa that would be across from the "underground" entrance I find nothing that matches those features on the overhead photo.

So since both of these are from the ESA and are on the Mars Express site. Which one is correct ? or is the ESA covering up photos or purposely reporting (creating) false data of the surface ?

Very Very interesting.......

The only reason I could think for ESA to coverup would be to give themselves the ability to discover the area first.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Here is a closeup of the image provided by robertfenix. As you can see the horseshow crator is visible as well as the mountain with the two crators but the pyramid is missing.

[Edited on 10-2-2004 by BlackJackal]

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
something strange is going on. In Blackjackal's original image, the pyramids are located infront of the horseshoe crater, in the new image, nothing is there..

it's completely flat.

Also keep in mind, no new pics since 1/23/04. I strongly believe that ESA is withholding info and more than likely is covering up the pyramid structure... remember they are the European equivalent of NASA.

jhh

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I don't have any space to post this picture edited, but all you have to do is draw a line on the darker and lighter colored parts of this picture. Then you will clearly see that the 3D resolution isn't that great, which led to hills and craters appearing to be geometrical. By changinging angles of the grid you draw, it will then appear to have elevation.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
oh i saw a face in top corner right... come one.. it's just a mountain cut by the egde of the picture

jra

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The 3d generated images are not accurate people. Not every little bump is rounded and curved in exact detail. If you look at the large 3d image originaly provided, you can see the blocky polygonal surface on some of the more smooth looking hills.

The "pyramid" and its surrounding area are most likely the result of their being not enough detail in the 3d mesh. Thus it appears more blocky and square. I'm not saying those hills and "steps" arn't there, but i'd bet they're really not as angular in real life as they are in this 3d image.

[Edited on 10-2-2004 by jra]

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
for a second.

Because in the overhead view, the pyramid structure would not be seen (curious) because its placement would be down and to the left of the big crater, just outside the field of view of the overhead photo.

BUT what appeared to be the "underground" entrance that absolutly had features is not viewable AT ALL on the overhead.

Its placement would have been just behind the horseshoe craterand slightly to the right of the small impact crater behind the horseshoe.

You can place it by looking at the sideways impact crater near the edge of the mesa and drawing a line out to the large half moon of the big crater in the 3D view.

But when you do this on the overhead, matching all the reference points, suddenly you have nothing. Just flat land.

So what gives ?

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Angular hu ?

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
at this point there is no doubt in my mind that these pics have been altered

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
thats not an entrance. its a depression

jra

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
ultra_phoenix: Not sure what you're referring to exactly in your images, but if you're talking about the creators. Yes they look round and not angular. That is because they are textured onto the 3d terrain model. It's the model itself im referring to as being angular. The satillite image itself is clear and detailed, the model how ever is not from what i can tell.

robertfenix: What do you mean the "pyramid" is out of view on the overhead image? i can see it. It's just a little bump just left of that large creator at the bottom. But it is rather small. Another reason why i don't think it shows up on the 3d mesh well. It's tall enough to make a noticable bump, but it doesn't cover much area around its base and with the 3d mesh not being detailed enough (from what i can see) it makes an odd looking formation

About the "underground entrance" thing. I'm not sure what you're referring to exactly, if it's that cliff, than well of course that's not going to be visible from the top down. I don't know what else to say about that really.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
There is plenty of evidence of some types of
"structure", buildings,etc. up there. Somebody ET
was, or still is, up there. No questions in my mind.
There also appears to be many cave-like opennings
is various pics from either nasa or ESA indicating to me

that most of what is up there is likely underground.

I still don't understand why they , either ESA or
nasa are withholding any "Cydonia" pics, IF they have them either.
Hoagland material needs to be verified after all these years of
people waiting around for final confirmation on the
"face" and "his pyramids".

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join